Windows 10: Getting CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT continuously

Discus and support Getting CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT continuously in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Getting CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT continuously. I've recently upgraded my system by replacing my asrock H310M and i8-8100 with an asrock B450M and a Ryzen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Anmol_406, Jun 1, 2023.

1. Anmol_406 Win User

Getting CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT continuously

Getting CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT continuously. I've recently upgraded my system by replacing my asrock H310M and i8-8100 with an asrock B450M and a Ryzen 5 5600. The new parts were installed more than two weeks ago, and I've been getting this BSOD for a day. Mostly it crops up some time after booting up. I've even had it on the password screen. Attempted the memory diagnostic tool, malware removal stuff, updated my gpu and windows drivers, ran chkdsk, reseated my gpu, sata ssd and ram. I've had "irql_not_less_or_equal" twice as well and "System service exception" once. A little help, guys?

:)

Anmol_406, Jun 1, 2023
  2. axe0 Win User

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT After Leaving PC for 5-10 Minutes

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

Getting CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT continuously [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window.

The 0x101(CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT) is mostly caused by BIOS or hardware problem, the challenge is to find software problems.
    I suggest to update your BIOS.
    Code:
    Code:
    BIOS Version:              American Megatrends Inc. 2001   , 7/8/2011
    Attachment 51031

axe0, Jun 1, 2023
  3. zablas Win User
    CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT after a fresh install

zablas, Jun 1, 2023
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 1, 2023
Thema:

1. Getting CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT continuously - Similar Threads - Getting CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT continuously

2. Consistently getting BSOD "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Consistently getting BSOD "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT": Here's some information from NirSoft:Bug Check Code: 0x00000101Parameter 1: 00000000`0000000cParameter 2: 00000000`00000000Parameter 3: ffffe500`70a81180Parameter 4: 00000000`00000008Caused By Driver: ntoskrnl.exeCaused By Address: ntoskrnl.exe+416b00Here's the DUMP File on...
  3. Getting CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT continuously

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT continuously: Getting CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT continuously. I've recently upgraded my system by replacing my asrock H310M and i8-8100 with an asrock B450M and a Ryzen 5 5600. The new parts were installed more than two weeks ago, and I've been getting this BSOD for a day. Mostly it crops up...
  4. Getting CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT continuously

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT continuously: Getting CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT continuously. I've recently upgraded my system by replacing my asrock H310M and i8-8100 with an asrock B450M and a Ryzen 5 5600. The new parts were installed more than two weeks ago, and I've been getting this BSOD for a day. Mostly it crops up...
  5. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT: Dear r/Windows10, I've come to you to cry the likely death of my beloved 7 y/o pc. I keep getting CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSODs at startup. The pc is clean (running at 34°, reading from the UEFI) and no UEFI/BIOS update was run. No OC was applied whatsoever. The only thing I...
  6. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT: Hi Guys, I bought a brand new PC and installed windows 10 via bootable USB. After tethering my phone to it and usingthe internet/downloading for a bit, I would get the "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT". I would use my pc without tethering and it did not crash at...
  7. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT: Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.This is the report: Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 10.0.18869.1002 AMD64 Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Loading Dump File [C:\Users\qty94\Downloads\061019-37921-01.dmp] Mini...
  8. Clock_Watchdog_Timeout

Clock_Watchdog_Timeout: I built a new PC with a Ryzen 1800X, MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe SSD, 2 16 GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 3200 Model F4-3200C14D32GTZ Seasonic SS-660XP 660W 80+ Platinum PSU From the very first time I started it up, with no other software installed,...
  9. Clock_watchdog_timeout

Clock_watchdog_timeout: I'm getting the CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT on a new build and all I am simply trying to do is run the major Win 10 update through Windows 10 Update assistant as the copy of Win 10 I have is the original from when it was first released. My screen will freeze up and then I will get...
  10. Clock_watchdog_timeout

Clock_watchdog_timeout: I have installed Windows 10 Pro on my computer, and 3 minutes or so after it boots, the computer freezes and gives me the blue screen with "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT" message. Is there a fix? 96639