Windows 10: Getting complete computer freezes / Sometimes boots to BIOS

Discus and support Getting complete computer freezes / Sometimes boots to BIOS in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello All! Really struggling with this problem. The last month I have been getting freezes. The event logs give me two critical errors when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Cascade88, May 18, 2020.

1. Cascade88 Win User

Getting complete computer freezes / Sometimes boots to BIOS

Hello All!

Really struggling with this problem. The last month I have been getting freezes. The event logs give me two critical errors when restarting from a freeze.

1. The device HID-compliant headset location unknown is offline due to a user-mode driver crash. Windows will attempt to restart the device 4 more times. Please contact the device manufacturer for more information about this problem.

2. A problem has occurred with one or more user-mode drivers and the hosting process has been terminated. This may temporarily interrupt your ability to access the devices.

Things I have done so far:

• Updated as many drivers as I can
    • Changed to a new headset
    • Changed USB slots
    • Completely installed windows from memory stick

Minidump is here if it helps: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OAVX9Sdqymrj6AXtkR9HZic8aEw11cww/view?usp=sharing

I'm a little lost now on what this can be and few times after the freeze it has booted into bios. I'm thinking perhaps it might be the SSD that my operating system is on? Though is really randomly and will trigger when I'm playing games.

:)

Cascade88, May 18, 2020
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, May 18, 2020
  3. getting into BIOS

Hi Landon,

When it comes to getting into your PC's BIOS settings, the steps may differ between computer models. To help you on this, we suggest that you get in touch with the manufacturer of your PC's motherboard. This is for you to get the proper way
    or steps in getting into your PC's BIOS.

Should you have any other queries in the future, don't hesitate to let us know.

Eileen Gal, May 18, 2020
  4. Getting complete computer freezes / Sometimes boots to BIOS

bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Getting complete computer freezes / Sometimes boots to BIOS

1. Getting complete computer freezes / Sometimes boots to BIOS - Similar Threads - Getting complete computer

2. Complete laptop freeze soon after sometimes even while booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Complete laptop freeze soon after sometimes even while booting: My lenovo laptop started freezinglike whole screen is frozen, mouse doesnt work and touchscreen is unresponsive sfc scannow helped once but this problem came back a week later more severely. I have to mention I have both windows and ubuntu on my pc and both get the...
  3. Complete laptop freeze soon after sometimes even while booting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Complete laptop freeze soon after sometimes even while booting: My lenovo laptop started freezinglike whole screen is frozen, mouse doesnt work and touchscreen is unresponsive sfc scannow helped once but this problem came back a week later more severely. I have to mention I have both windows and ubuntu on my pc and both get the...
  4. Complete laptop freeze soon after sometimes even while booting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. pc boots into bios, sometimes into windows but when it does it freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc boots into bios, sometimes into windows but when it does it freezes: Hello everyone! i built this pc just a bit over a year ago and its finally giving me trouble. When i boot up my pc, im able to get into the uefi or bios, and nothing happens. But when i boot into windows, it either crashes, or boots into windows for about 10 seconds then...
  6. pc boots into bios, sometimes into windows but when it does it freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc boots into bios, sometimes into windows but when it does it freezes: Hello everyone! i built this pc just a bit over a year ago and its finally giving me trouble. When i boot up my pc, im able to get into the uefi or bios, and nothing happens. But when i boot into windows, it either crashes, or boots into windows for about 10 seconds then...
  7. pc boots into bios, sometimes into windows but when it does it freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Computer freezes but not completely

Computer freezes but not completely: Ok so PC history first : Back in novemeber or december 2020 I upgraded the processor and MOBO for my PC, i went from i5 7600k with a z170 board to a Ryzen 7 3700x with a X570 board. I kept my nvidia GTX1080, my 16GB of RAM, and both of my drives 250GB NVme SSD for boot and...
  9. Computer sometimes freezes

Computer sometimes freezes: I am running Windows 10 laptop. I think the issue occurred after the last update 2004 v. It freezes when I start some apps or games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-sometimes-freezes/2c04ae42-3379-46d8-a4d2-84e1e966ce82
  10. Computer sometimes freezes completely. Audio starts to repeat

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer sometimes freezes completely. Audio starts to repeat: I had an issue pop up a few days ago and its happened three times within the past day. It happened once without the lock screen while i was watching a twitch stream and playing a video game. The other two times I locked my screen and left for a few minutes when I cam back the...