Windows 10: Getting controlled folder error with windows defender

Discus and support Getting controlled folder error with windows defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I keep getting control folder error from Windows Defender. I use iolo System Mechanic which has Malware Killer, and System Shield. As I got tired of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RikThompson1, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Getting controlled folder error with windows defender

I keep getting control folder error from Windows Defender. I use iolo System Mechanic which has Malware Killer, and System Shield. As I got tired of the error in Windows Defender, I turned it off. Now I get a message that both Windows Defender, and System Shield are turned off, but when I go to System Shield, it is very much active. Why can't Microsoft slim down Windows Defender, if we cannot uninstall it completely? Why does Windows Defender have to rule the roost?

This whole situation was caused when I changed the Microsoft Outlook email address, and then went to a restore point. Arriving at that restore point, I could not sign into the PC any longer as my old Microsoft Outlook email account was replaced. At that time, I tried to go to another restore, and it completely hosed up my PC, and I had to reinstall Windows 10. It was then that the Windows Defender started the aggravation. I tried to fix the problem with many informative web sites, including Microsoft, but had to turn it off anyway. My question, at the bottom of all this is: Do I need Windows Defender if I have another AV application?

:)

RikThompson1, Jul 25, 2020
  2. Jsssssssss, Jul 25, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Is anyone using Windows Defender Controlled folder access?

You could usefully add event ID 1127 to that list...

Getting controlled folder error with windows defender [​IMG]

4. AndreTen Win User

Getting controlled folder error with windows defender

Is anyone using Windows Defender Controlled folder access?

Thanks for bringing out that 1127.. This event (blocking memory) isn't listed in Controlled folder access events, yet it occurs from time to time. And I don't notice any side effects of it... *Confused

It is triggered (on my system) by hwinfo, powercfg, UUP2ISO, nothing to do with Controlled folders, but memory.

AndreTen, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

Getting controlled folder error with windows defender

1. Getting controlled folder error with windows defender - Similar Threads - Getting controlled folder

2. Defender controlled folder access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender controlled folder access: while i was using my system i got a message saying "Unauthorized changes blocked" and it was explorer.exe what is happening and what should i do please advice...
  3. Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access Turn off

Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access Turn off: Conrolled folder access turns it self off when i click it to turn it on. i need help [Original Title: Windows defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-controlled-folder-access-turn-off/67e73935-1c11-4e63-b5b3-6be93eebe7b2
  4. Problem with Windows Defender/Controlled Folder Access

Problem with Windows Defender/Controlled Folder Access: When I'm trying to save a file in a portable application, I'm getting an error that the file couldn't be found. Based on my searching, I've found that it's a problem with "Controlled Folder Access" in Windows Security (new update renamed Windows Defender I guess). I was just...
  5. Windows Defender and Controlled Folder Access and Exclusions

Windows Defender and Controlled Folder Access and Exclusions: I just recently started using Windows Defender as my antivirus software expired and I was looking for another option other than paying for another program. I don't totally understand how to use it and reading thru tutorials is somewhat foreign to me so please understand my...
  6. Defender Controlled Folder Protection Question

Defender Controlled Folder Protection Question: Hello There After using Avast for 16 years, and discovering a file was writing a lot to the drive, decided to try Defender longer this time, now if i decide to enable Controlled Folder protection or Ransomware protection after 1803 Released, does that add extra unnecessary...
  7. cannot change CONTROLLED FOLDER ACCESS option in Windows Defender

cannot change CONTROLLED FOLDER ACCESS option in Windows Defender: [img] 104282
  8. Odd Defender 'Controlled Folder Access' alert

Odd Defender 'Controlled Folder Access' alert: Fall Creators Update 1709 introduced a new 'Controlled Folder Access' function in Defender. This is off by default, but I have turned it on to test it. I've had to allow a couple of apps access (VLC was one) but other than that it seem unobtrusive. However, very...
  9. Is anyone using Windows Defender Controlled folder access?

Is anyone using Windows Defender Controlled folder access?: I spoke too soon. Some Microsoft apps are now being blocked from making changes. It would be nice to know what's whitelisted by default.
  10. About the "Controlled Folder Access" in windows defender...

About the "Controlled Folder Access" in windows defender...: Although not that important, I noticed that when you open Winders Defender, and then click on Virus and threat protection settings, and then scroll down to controlled folder access,.. It states, " Protect your files and folders from unauthorized CHANGED by unfriendly...