Windows 10: Getting Dark Black Border on Laptop Screen.

Discus and support Getting Dark Black Border on Laptop Screen. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi Microsoft Team, I am today getting Dark Black Border on My Windows 10 Laptop Sceen. I did Trouble Shooting steps as well like Search - CMD (Run as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GavinMathos, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Getting Dark Black Border on Laptop Screen.

Hi Microsoft Team,
    I am today getting Dark Black Border on My Windows 10 Laptop Sceen. I did Trouble Shooting steps as well like Search - CMD (Run as Administrator) "sfc /scannow" & completed the process & shown message noting found. Still this did not resolve the issue. Still black Border is shown.
    Request to please help me with the soultion for resolution of My issue as soon as possible.

Getting Dark Black Border on Laptop Screen. [​IMG]

:)

GavinMathos, Oct 16, 2019
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Black borders on screen

Hi Lyn,

It is true that the challenges that you’re having with the black borders on your computer screen might be related to the Display Settings of your monitor just like what DaveM121 was suggesting. To better assist you with your concern, we need you to answer
    the following questions:

• Which type of display cable are you using? ( VGA, DVI, HDMI cable).
    • Were you able to update your display adapter drivers?
    Looking forward to your response.

Dyan Rey, Oct 16, 2019
  3. black border

Hi Adele,

For us to isolate your concern with the black border on your computer, we would like to know the following:

• When did this happen?
    • Were there any updates made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • To make sure we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of the black border.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Oct 16, 2019
  4. Getting Dark Black Border on Laptop Screen.

black border

I only turned my pc on. then plugged in my Clickfree to backup my files. Have no idea if there were updates.

AdeleMcLennan, Oct 16, 2019
Thema:

Getting Dark Black Border on Laptop Screen.

1. Getting Dark Black Border on Laptop Screen. - Similar Threads - Getting Dark Black

2. Laptop can’t get out of a black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop can’t get out of a black screen: Hello: I was restarting my laptop, and meanwhile it was restarting, I was pressing down delete and then it set me to a black page and at the top left corner there is this white Blinking light and can’t get out of it and when I press enter it set me to the boot menu I got out...
  3. Laptop can’t get out of a black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop can’t get out of a black screen: Hello: I was restarting my laptop, and meanwhile it was restarting, I was pressing down delete and then it set me to a black page and at the top left corner there is this white Blinking light and can’t get out of it and when I press enter it set me to the boot menu I got out...
  4. Laptop can’t get out of a black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to resolve black border arround the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to resolve black border arround the screen: I don't have any graphic card, only using the iGPU of a new Intel CPU. Windows resolution is the same as display resolution 3840x2160. The black border appears left, upper and right. Changing resolution I can only make it smaller, not bigger with Windows display settings. I...
  6. How to resolve black border arround the screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to resolve black border arround the screen: I don't have any graphic card, only using the iGPU of a new Intel CPU. Windows resolution is the same as display resolution 3840x2160. The black border appears left, upper and right. Changing resolution I can only make it smaller, not bigger with Windows display settings. I...
  7. Black Border

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Border: I have a black border around my screen after doing a windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-border/600e48a6-1d31-460e-bd06-ac6c1e615e5f
  8. Laptop screen gets dim on a dark background.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop screen gets dim on a dark background.: Hey guys, I am facing this problem that whenever I open a dark background like Spotify Desktop, my laptop screen gets really dim and when I switch to chrome, it slowly restores its colours. I looked up online to find solutions and I found two: Turn off adaptive brightness...
  9. BLACK BORDER AT LEFT OF SCREEN

in Windows 10 Customization
    BLACK BORDER AT LEFT OF SCREEN: Hi A black border has appeared at the left edge of my screen. It has done this before and usually turning the PC off and on again would solve the problem. however this time it refuses to leave. I have fiddled about with the display settings and it did nothing. I also...
  10. Black Border

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Border: I have a vertical black border on both sides of the display only while gaming and no fix has worked. Help plz...also msfs runs screwy too. Every time I click on something, I have to minimize and then click on "X" then allows the change. Scaling options changed nothing. 71425