Windows 10: Getting DCP_Watchdog_violation errors related to Netwt04.sys

Discus and support Getting DCP_Watchdog_violation errors related to Netwt04.sys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently had to perform a fresh install of windows but have been experiencing a series of BSODs after a BIOS and Windows update ( version 19042.928... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jayn87, May 5, 2021.

1. Jayn87 Win User

Getting DCP_Watchdog_violation errors related to Netwt04.sys

I recently had to perform a fresh install of windows but have been experiencing a series of BSODs after a BIOS and Windows update ( version 19042.928 for 64 bit). Using WinDbd preview, I see from my mini dump files that most of them are related to the Netwt04.sys driver. I have an Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 wifi card. I have updated my drivers either using Intel's Driver and Support Assistant, but it also gives me the same BSOD related to the network driver. I uninstall it, and I download the Intel network driver recommended by HP for my desktop here: https://support.hp.com/ca-en/drivers...Id/ob-256252-1 I get BSoDs again. Could someone take a look at my dump files and see what is leading up to these crashes? I've also uploaded a png of computer specs. Model 750-539cb HP Desktop Envy Thanks in advance!

:)

Jayn87, May 5, 2021
  2. Jayn87 Win User

I recently had to perform a fresh install of windows but have been experiencing a series of BSODs after a BIOS and Windows update ( version 19042.928 for 64 bit). Using WinDbd preview, I see from my mini dump files that most of them are related to the Netwt04.sys driver. I have an Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 wifi card. I have updated my drivers either using Intel's Driver and Support Assistant, but it also gives me the same BSOD related to the network driver. I uninstall it, and I download the Intel network driver recommended by HP for my desktop here: https://support.hp.com/ca-en/drivers...Id/ob-256252-1

I get BSoDs again. Could someone take a look at my dump files and see what is leading up to these crashes?
    I've also uploaded a png of computer specs. Model 750-539cb HP Desktop Envy

Thanks in advance!

Jayn87, May 5, 2021
  3. Jayn87 Win User

Thank you guys so much; I'll do the update and see if anything pop ups

- - - Updated - - -

I had updated the NVIDIA driver as linked in the post above, but I fear I just received another DCP watchdog violation error related to WppRecorder.sys just an hour upon booting up the computer. I had up a youtube video on chrome, so I don't think it was anything demanding. I'll enclose the dump files from the most recent crash. Thank you in advance. Should I be rolling it back?

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately, updating the NVIDIA driver did not stop the BSODs; most of them are related to the Netwtw04.sys driver. I'll enclose some new minidump files (although one was unable to load/save/write because the BSOD occurred before it was finished writing).

- - - Updated - - -

I have resorted to disabling my network adapter to see if it would alleviate the issues and operate using an ethernet cable. Unfortunately, I ended up getting another BSOD related to rt640x64.sys instead. Enclosed is the minidump.

Jayn87, May 5, 2021
  4. philc43 Win User

There are multiple crashes with different causes so to fix these problems you are going to need to update several drivers. The network drivers are netwtw04.sys and rt640x64.sys. The HP provided drivers may no longer be compatible with the latest Windows updates and so you may need to wait for an update from HP or try the versions directly from Intel and Realtek as you have been doing. Unfortunately this is a trial and error process.

Currently you have the following installed:
    Netwtw04.sys Tue Dec 29 18:32:30 2020 - this one looks different to the HP website version
    rt640x64.sys Tue Jun 27 09:42:46 2017 - this is the same as on the HP website.
    nvlddmkm.sys Mon Apr 12 20:54:45 2021 - this is not the same as on the HP website but the only one there is for an older version of Windows. Again it will be trial and error finding the right one without help from HP.

philc43, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Getting DCP_Watchdog_violation errors related to Netwt04.sys - Similar Threads - Getting DCP_Watchdog_violation errors

2. Constant BSODs related to "wdf01000.sys"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Constant BSODs related to "wdf01000.sys": I've recently started having issues with this particular file. Device manager tells me everything is fine, windows is up to date, all my hard drives are in top shape. I've run image file and sfc a bazillion times and nothing seems to have gone wrong with it, I've also scanned...
  3. I get BSOD caused by DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get BSOD caused by DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hello, last week my laptop started getting BSOD when playing videogames that uses the dedicated graphics card RTX 3050 ti Laptop GPU. It happens random, could me instantly or in a couple of minutes. When it happens everything freezes, the audio gets distored repeating the...
  4. I get BSOD caused by DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I get BSOD caused by DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hello, last week my laptop started getting BSOD when playing videogames that uses the dedicated graphics card RTX 3050 ti Laptop GPU. It happens random, could me instantly or in a couple of minutes. When it happens everything freezes, the audio gets distored repeating the...
  5. I get BSOD caused by DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. BSOD Crashes Relating to dxgmms2.sys

BSOD Crashes Relating to dxgmms2.sys: Hi,I've been experiencing intermittent BSOD crashes in Windows 10. The most recent one had a message relating to dxgmms2.sys, and previous crashes seem to implicate a driver/drivers being the cause of these crashes. I have run memory tests and found nothing wrong with the...
  7. BlueScreen DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

BlueScreen DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hi, I've been getting a BlueScreen every time when I try to play Anthem. After few minutes the game freezes and I get a BlueScreen with DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. If anyone knows the solution for this, it would be greatly appreciated. The dump File can be seen below:...
  8. DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION happening everyday

DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION happening everyday: I'm constantly getting DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION everyday. The crash dump says it's probably caused by nvlddmkm. I've removed my Nvidia driver with DDU and did a clean install but it's still happening. Here is the dump from the most recent crash....
  9. Frequent dxgmms2.sys related BSOD's

Frequent dxgmms2.sys related BSOD's: Since the last windows update I get frequent crashes with the above source referenced. My Nvidia graphic driver is overwritten by a seemingly unstable one by windows update. My only resolution to cure the problem is to roll back to an older version, whereby I can play...
  10. Dcp_watchdog_violation?

in Windows 10 Support
    Dcp_watchdog_violation?: hi there to anyone that sees this, I have been having some really annoying and frustrating problems with my PC lately. My PC keeps crashing an coming up with the blue screen of death saying DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION which I did my homework and went and tried most of the logical...