Windows 10: Getting Desktop on new Tablet - help please!

Discus and support Getting Desktop on new Tablet - help please! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I have a new Windows 10 tablet and having problems. My old tablet was set up perfectly so that when switched on the desktop (just like my main... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by moggie, Feb 20, 2020.

1. moggie Win User

Getting Desktop on new Tablet - help please!

Hi
    I have a new Windows 10 tablet and having problems. My old tablet was set up perfectly so that when switched on the desktop (just like my main laptop) appeared instantly with the blue Windows background and all my icons. I set up my new tablet exactly the same going into settings and down to 'tablet' etc. but...........................

Although I have managed to get my new tablet to look the same I have a problem in that when I switch it on it appears with a white screen and lots of little icons along the bottom and up the side! What I have to do each time I switch on the tablet is to click on the little square icon bottom right in my task bar which opens a box and I then have to click on the blue tablet icon to remove it. Then I click on the start button bottom left in my task bar to open that and THEN the blue Windows screen appears with all my icons just like my old tablet and my laptop.

This screen remains perfectly ok until I switch off the tablet and I have to go thru the setting up again when I switch it on again! I have compared the settings with my old tablet and they look exactly the same. Both have same latest Windows installed.

Thanks everyone

:)

moggie, Feb 20, 2020

2. After windows update desktop stuck on tablet mode.

Hi,  

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

In order to assist you better, I would like to know the following queries:

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Did the issue started after installing any Particular Windows Update? If yes, please provide the KB number of the Windows Update?
    To find the KB number of the Windows update
    please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + I key.

• From the window select Update & Security.

• Click on Windows Update.

• Click on Advanced Options.

• Click View your update history.

I would suggest you to try changing the mode and check if it helps.

Please follow the steps below to change the mode:

• On the bottom right of the task bar click on
      open Notification Center

• From the notification menu, if Tablet mode is highlighted click on the
      Tablet mode.

• This will help it to get back to Desktop mode.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, Feb 20, 2020
  3. Vinodh.V Win User
    Tablet Mode doesn't automatically turn on

Hi Roice,

We suggest you to follow the below steps to make the tablet mode permanent:

• Click start and select settings.
    • Select settings and then select tablet mode.
    • Now you have different options to choose from, please choose settings that suits you.
    Hope this information helps.

Vinodh.V, Feb 20, 2020
  4. Getting Desktop on new Tablet - help please!

Windows 10 change from Tablet to Desktop view?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. Follow the below steps.

• Go to settings and click on System.
    • Click on Tablet mode on the right pane and turn off the tablet mode.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the status.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

Getting Desktop on new Tablet - help please!

1. Getting Desktop on new Tablet - help please! - Similar Threads - Getting Desktop Tablet

2. WACOM TABLET NOT RECOGNIZED PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WACOM TABLET NOT RECOGNIZED PLEASE HELP: I'm so frustrated right now and can't find any answers.I'm downloading my Wacom Intuos tablet model CTL-490 for the first time on this laptop MSI - GF63. I have Windows 10. Latest driver is installed, and has been uninstalled and reinstalled more then once and computer...
  3. New PC help please.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New PC help please.: Bought a friends PC off of him and everything was working fine. The moment I swapped out the old GPU for a new one (GEFORCE 1660 super). I have been constantly getting BSoD errors. I have cleaned installed windows around 6-7 times. Updated chipset drivers from amd and have...
  4. Getting Desktop on new Tablet - help please! Photo attached.

in Windows 10 Support
    Getting Desktop on new Tablet - help please! Photo attached.: Try3 - have uploaded photo of desktop here!? 150877
  5. New computer, please help

in Windows 10 Support
    New computer, please help: am brand new to Windows 10 and can not transfer a photo from Picasa 3 to a disk or memory stick. I have tide a million times but when I click copy nothing happens. Also it doesn't matter how many times I put a disk in or a memory stick I don't see any little couloured things...
  6. New compuer, please help

in Windows 10 Support
    New compuer, please help: am brand new to Windows 10 and can not transfer a photo from Picasa 3 to a disk or memory stick. I have tide a million times but when I click copy nothing happens. Also it doesn't matter how many times I put a disk in or a memory stick I don't see any little couloured things...
  7. Windows Updates cause desktop to get "stuck" Please Help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updates cause desktop to get "stuck" Please Help: I apologize for the long post... just want to thoroughly explain my problem. So after some recent problems I figured i would just reinstall windows directly to 1803 edition. I used the official windows USB that i bought a while to format my hard drive and reinstall. It...
  8. Please help low sound/volume on tablet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Please help low sound/volume on tablet: hi all. i bought a nextbook flexx 10 tablet and its not bad but the volume is so low on this thing if two people are talking in a room i cannot hear the tablet. is there anything i can on windows 10 to increase the volume? i have tried to go into speaker properties and go to...
  9. new computer please help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    new computer please help: HI. How do I find my network DVR in Network and sharing center? 24806
  10. Getting Errors - Please Help

in Windows 10 Support
    Getting Errors - Please Help: I was having issues with my desktop. I ran a diagnostics through powerfcg.exe and found this. Let me know what you guys think I should do: Energy efficiency problems were found. 2 Errors 5 Warnings 26 Informational See below for more details: Power Efficiency...