Windows 10: Getting Directx update to computer not connected to the internet, possible to transfer by a...

Discus and support Getting Directx update to computer not connected to the internet, possible to transfer by a... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Have old game computer but has no connection to the net , can connect my tablet to it to transfer files etc but will not hotspot to it .... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mendoora×, Jan 21, 2022.

1. Getting Directx update to computer not connected to the internet, possible to transfer by a...

Have old game computer but has no connection to the net , can connect my tablet to it to transfer files etc but will not hotspot to it .

:)

Mendoora×, Jan 21, 2022
  2. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Getting Directx update to computer not connected to the internet, possible to transfer by a... [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Getting Directx update to computer not connected to the internet, possible to transfer by a... [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jan 21, 2022
  3. SUB
    SuB Win User
    Is it possible to share internet connection via remote desktop?

RDP is not capable of Internet sharing, so you can't share Internet using RDP with standard applications. There are many way to share Internet from a Windows box to another one. I suggest you to use VPN. You should do following steps:

1. Run VPN Server on your server with unlimited internet access
    2. Connect to VPN server from your limited computer

4. rss81 Win User

Getting Directx update to computer not connected to the internet, possible to transfer by a...

transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Jan 21, 2022
Thema:

Getting Directx update to computer not connected to the internet, possible to transfer by a...

1. Getting Directx update to computer not connected to the internet, possible to transfer by a... - Similar Threads - Getting Directx update

2. computer will not connect to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer will not connect to internet: I have a dell inspiron running windows 11. My computer is not connecting to wifi and it won’t even show the wifi button to even try to connect to anything. I run the trouble shooter and it says to plug an Ethernet cable in. I don’t have one to do that currently. After...
  3. computer will not connect to internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer will not connect to internet: I have a dell inspiron running windows 11. My computer is not connecting to wifi and it won’t even show the wifi button to even try to connect to anything. I run the trouble shooter and it says to plug an Ethernet cable in. I don’t have one to do that currently. After...
  4. Getting Directx update to computer not connected to the internet, possible to transfer by a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting Directx update to computer not connected to the internet, possible to transfer by a...: Have old game computer but has no connection to the net , can connect my tablet to it to transfer files etc but will not hotspot to it . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-directx-update-to-computer-not-connected/024a5b68-2646-4196-bf5c-39e132441444
  5. Slow internet connection, possibly software problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow internet connection, possibly software problem: Recently I bought new internet plan from my isp, 500mbps and they also delivered me a new router. Ever since I started to experience problems,Main problem: on my pc connection to most of the servers tested by speedtest net is slow, download never exceeds 100mbps whereas on...
  6. Computer not connecting to internet

Computer not connecting to internet: I have an issue with My computer and saying that it’s connected to the Internet with a ethernet cord but when I try to go into websites like steam discord any non-trusted like website but I like Microsoft and whenever I try or like I said when I search stuff up at work but...
  7. Computer loses connection to internet when intensive possibly Java program is started

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer loses connection to internet when intensive possibly Java program is started: Hello All, This isn't my system but a friend of mines that I'm trying to fix, essentially he built this system about 4 months ago or so and has had odd internet issues ever since. It seems to be tied to Java or similarly operated programs i.e prime95 and minecraft. Within 5...
  8. computer not connecting to internet

computer not connecting to internet: This is about my previous question. I have internet since i'm able to send this to you on my old computer. I purchased a new computer. It says i'm connected but I can not log on to anything with it. It said thread broken or no internet. Please advise what I can do....
  9. computer will not connect to internet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer will not connect to internet: I just purchased a new HP Envy and am considering returning it because it will not connect to the internet. I keep getting this error message: "The Intel(R) Wireless AC 9560 160MHz adapter s experiencing problems." I see other are having this problem also. Is this...
  10. DirectX causing issues/update not possible...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DirectX causing issues/update not possible...: Alright, so basically just a brief sum up of the situation: I've bought myself a new (Gaming-) PC, installed Steam and other stuff I need including a few games. Today I wanted to play ARK which said it had to install directX (one-time installation) which is pretty common with...