Windows 10: getting disconnect sound, followed by one or more reconnect sounds

Discus and support getting disconnect sound, followed by one or more reconnect sounds in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I run an ASUS laptop, Win10 Pro 20H2 build 19042.746, see my specs for computer details. At random and more or less one to a dozen times an hour, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DZiebell10Foru, Jan 17, 2021.

1. getting disconnect sound, followed by one or more reconnect sounds

I run an ASUS laptop, Win10 Pro 20H2 build 19042.746, see my specs for computer details. At random and more or less one to a dozen times an hour, the laptop will give a disconnect sound, followed by one or two connect sounds. (These are the sounds I get when I unplug or plug in a USB device.) But I'm not connecting or disconnecting anything at all, it happens when I'm not touching the computer.

If I'm typing, often whatever I'm typing into stops getting the input. This is at worst inconvenient and leads to typos. I have to wiggle the mouse or hit enter to return to being able to type where I was.

Worse is: when I'm running my observatory and have several well designed commercial packages working together to control three separate hardware devices, they stop working together, sometimes get disconnected from each other, and I lose control of where the telescope is pointing.

How do I find out what is disconnecting and reconnecting, so I can disable it? I've tried event viewer as suggested elsewhere, but it seems to only record errors, warnings, and "information" and don't have timestamps that relate to the random behavior. I'm optimistically (and ignorantly) thinking there should be a log of (or a way to log) every single time something connects to something else in the computer (software AND hardware). I looked at device manager, and what I see is when I connect the same device again, the only events noted there are associated with days or years old information, related to the first time recently I connected it.

My work laptop, which is heavily managed by my employer, also has started doing this. It is a Dell Inspiron and has been getting worse, especially it seems when I'm connected to the internet but NOT connected to the VPN.

When I run the ASUS laptop in Safe mode with network, The Problem Stops (with the observatory coming disconnected) But I don't know if the sounds stop because audio is disabled in safe mode. but running in safe mode is not a long-term option for the observatory because the observatory needs alot of services, I think.

:)

DZiebell10Foru, Jan 17, 2021
  2. Remon Ont Win User

connect/disconnect sounds

Hi,

The issue with connect/disconnect sounds could be due to the following:

• USB hub problem.
    • Loose mouse, keyboard, monitor or USB connector
    • Outdated software drivers
    • Sound settings

We would like to know more information:

• Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you checked if your devices are plugged/connected properly to your computer?
    • Is the issue happening when playing an specific game only?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Jan 17, 2021
  3. In-game device disconnection sound

Hi Timur,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

1. What is the make and Model of your computer?

2. Since when are you facing this issue?

3. Did you try installing all the latest drivers from the computer manufacturer's website?

I would like to inform you that this issue you are facing might be due to Sound settings on your computer. So I would suggest you to follow below steps to make changes in Sound Settings and check.

• In search, type Sound and hit Enter.
    • From the bottom panel click on Sounds.
    • Under Program Events, look for Device Connect, Disconnect and Failed to Connect.
    • Choose one option at a time and from the sounds option choose none.
    Check if you still come across the sound.

Please get back to us with a reply so that we can assist you better.

Nachappa C K, Jan 17, 2021
  4. getting disconnect sound, followed by one or more reconnect sounds

Wireless (bluetooth) headphones disconnect, reconnect without sound if pc stops playing sound

Windows version: 10 pro, version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 (according to system information)

headphone brand: 3sixT wireless bluetooth headphones

Issue:

Headphones connect to laptop (surface laptop), listed in bluetooth settings as connected for voice,music

If I don't start playing any sounds (music, youtube etc) in the next ~30 seconds after connecting, the headphones alert me that they have disconnected and reconnected, but now they list only voice connected. Same thing happens if I was listening to something
    and stop/pause it for too long.

They are no longer available in the audio output changer in task bar when this happens.

The device manufacturer (3sixT) does not provide any custom drivers and they seem to use the standard bluetooth headphone drivers available on whatever system they are connected to.

These headphones connect without issues to my phone (android); issue only seems to be with my laptop.

Unable to find many discussions of similar issues, and those that I could used outdated advice / settings that no longer exist (one suggested something in power settings for the device under the device manager page, but that setting doesn't exist now...)

Any ideas how I can resolve? (EG, headphones don't disconnect and reconnect without sound if sounds stop playing?)

AlexIWalker, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

getting disconnect sound, followed by one or more reconnect sounds

1. getting disconnect sound, followed by one or more reconnect sounds - Similar Threads - getting disconnect sound

2. Wireless bluetooth headphones disconnect, reconnect without sound if pc stops playing sound...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless bluetooth headphones disconnect, reconnect without sound if pc stops playing sound...: مشكلتي مالقيت لها حلوموجوده بالتفصييل في ذا الرابط:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-headset-keeps-disconnecting-and/d4d9d245-1d8f-4ba9-b81e-404857f0ee9aجربت كل شي ولا ضبط معي شي, هل السماعه خربانه ممكن؟افيدوني طلبتكم يا جماعه...
  3. Wireless bluetooth headphones disconnect, reconnect without sound if pc stops playing sound...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless bluetooth headphones disconnect, reconnect without sound if pc stops playing sound...: مشكلتي مالقيت لها حلوموجوده بالتفصييل في ذا الرابط:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-headset-keeps-disconnecting-and/d4d9d245-1d8f-4ba9-b81e-404857f0ee9aجربت كل شي ولا ضبط معي شي, هل السماعه خربانه ممكن؟افيدوني طلبتكم يا جماعه...
  4. PC freezing with usb disconnect and reconnect sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezing with usb disconnect and reconnect sound: Recently my pc has been freezing and stuttering along with the usb disconnect and reconnect sound. I checked my display settings and noticed that a ghost monitor connects to the pc with a lower resolution. I also checked device manager and saw that whenever this problem...
  5. PC freezing with usb disconnect and reconnect sound

PC freezing with usb disconnect and reconnect sound: Recently my pc has been freezing and stuttering along with the usb disconnect and reconnect sound. I checked my display settings and noticed that a ghost monitor connects to the pc with a lower resolution. I also checked device manager and saw that whenever this problem...
  6. Sounds of Dis/Reconnection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sounds of Dis/Reconnection: Hello everyone ! Since I changed my GPU, I get a LOT of dis/reconnect sounds completely randomly and that's pretty annoying. My bluetooth sometimes also just shut down with a disconnect sound and then come back with a reconnect sound.There are my pc specs: Windows 11, CPU =...
  7. Sounds of Dis/Reconnection

Sounds of Dis/Reconnection: Hello everyone ! Since I changed my GPU, I get a LOT of dis/reconnect sounds completely randomly and that's pretty annoying. My bluetooth sometimes also just shut down with a disconnect sound and then come back with a reconnect sound.There are my pc specs: Windows 11, CPU =...
  8. keep getting usb disconnect sound followed by spike in lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keep getting usb disconnect sound followed by spike in lag: so a few days ago i started to get a bug where i will get the USB disconnect and reconnect sound play randomly and hag a lag spike in game or in a program I have no idea what started it or what is doing it, i used USB log viewer and nothing comes up and being counted or...
  9. No more sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No more sound: I use an Acer laptop, and after the feature update, it will not play any sounds without speakers or earphones. Where can I get a new sound driver? (I think I was called "Realtek")....
  10. Wireless (bluetooth) headphones disconnect, reconnect without sound if pc stops playing sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless (bluetooth) headphones disconnect, reconnect without sound if pc stops playing sound: Windows version: 10 pro, version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 (according to system information) headphone brand: 3sixT wireless bluetooth headphones Issue: Headphones connect to laptop (surface laptop), listed in bluetooth settings as connected for voice,music If I don't...