Windows 10: Getting "DisplayName" for installed MS store apps

Discus and support Getting "DisplayName" for installed MS store apps in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to retrieve the "DisplayName" of installed Store apps from an UWP console based app C++/WinRT. Able to get other details by using... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by _Partha_, Feb 26, 2020.

1. _Partha_ Win User

Getting "DisplayName" for installed MS store apps

Hi,

I am trying to retrieve the "DisplayName" of installed Store apps from an UWP console based app C++/WinRT.

Able to get other details by using PackageManager APIs.

Package Class DisplayName property returns empty string for all the store apps.

Noticed below comments from the remarks section:

If you call this property on an instance of a package that was created by any mechanism other than Package.Current, this property returns an empty string "".

Not sure if there are any alternatives to retrieve this value.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Partha

:)

_Partha_, Feb 26, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Getting "DisplayName" for installed MS store apps :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Feb 26, 2020
  3. phantom app on my app list called "ms-resourceGetting "DisplayName" for installed MS store apps :DisplayName"

I have a phantom app on my app list called "ms-resource*BiggrinisplayName". I can't uninstall it. I can't find where it is linked to. How do I get rid of it?

Getting "DisplayName" for installed MS store apps [​IMG]

Silverfish2910, Feb 26, 2020
  4. Dos101 Win User

Windows 8 Gets "Overwhelmingly Negative" Response from Vendors, Expectations Plummet

Apps listed in the Store need to be approved by MS, otherwise you can download/install apps the same as you did on Windows 7. All "Metro" apps though must be installed by using the Store, afaik anyways.

Dos101, Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Getting "DisplayName" for installed MS store apps - Similar Threads - Getting DisplayName installed

2. Installing apps in the MS Store that are already installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing apps in the MS Store that are already installed: Hi,So I have a ton of programs installed and as the MS store is becoming increasingly popular, and it's an easy way to keep programs updated I'd like to move as many of them to the store as possible.What I don't know is if I install them in the store and they are already...
  3. Installing apps in the MS Store that are already installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing apps in the MS Store that are already installed: Hi,So I have a ton of programs installed and as the MS store is becoming increasingly popular, and it's an easy way to keep programs updated I'd like to move as many of them to the store as possible.What I don't know is if I install them in the store and they are already...
  4. MS Store Apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MS Store Apps: Is it possible to force updates of the MS Store apps via GPO? Currently our users do not have access to update the apps via the MS Store as we lock down their access to the store....
  5. MS Store Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Store Apps: Is it possible to force updates of the MS Store apps via GPO? Currently our users do not have access to update the apps via the MS Store as we lock down their access to the store....
  6. MS Store Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Unable to install apps from ms store

Unable to install apps from ms store: Hello, I am facing issues in downloading apps from MS store, whenever I try to install an app, it shows "Acquiring license", then after sometimes it shows "Error". Pls help me fix it. I am unable to download important apps. Windows basic apps also facing same issue....
  8. MS STORE APP

MS STORE APP: MS Store app along with other preinstalled apps in win 10 pro has disappeared. Tried the suggested powershell solution but does not work for me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-store-app/5c89cd5c-5782-4cd2-99a5-3d18bce54136
  9. problem with installing apps from ms store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem with installing apps from ms store.: hey , while i was downloading asphalt 9 from the ms store i had to cancel some updates of some apps, while i did so i have cancelled asphalt 9 also while it was installing i just cancelled it mistakely while it was in its quarterway. after that while i tried downloading the...
  10. MS Store App Did Not Install At Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS Store App Did Not Install At Reset: I just did a clean reset of my Surface Pro and several pre-installed apps did not install. For example Skype, Windows Store, and several others. The problem is, I cannot install other essential apps like MS Money and One Note, Skype, etc without the windows store app and...