Windows 10: Getting DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Blue Screen Of Death While Browsing.

Discus and support Getting DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Blue Screen Of Death While Browsing. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I've had this problem awhile now and have tried several suggestions from here. While browsing sometimes the PC will freeze and the go to BSOD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by easypeas, Jul 2, 2019.

1. easypeas Win User

Getting DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Blue Screen Of Death While Browsing.

Hi, I've had this problem awhile now and have tried several suggestions from here. While browsing sometimes the PC will freeze and the go to BSOD with DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION.

I tried everything suggested here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-still-freezing-dpc-watchdog-violation/8e1d3588-34f9-44dc-8dfd-7fb73bb08db3

I've tried using an old graphics driver from before the problem started and it still crashed so I think we can rule out a driver problem.

Minidump: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjKfJ6TiUf3qgZUN88sLS7_Q_x2Ofg

Could it be the hardware? What tests can I run?

***Changed Original Title From: What tests can I run? PC freezing***

:)

easypeas, Jul 2, 2019

2. Blue screen: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

After a recent updating, my machine has blue screen every 5 - 10 minutes.

The error code is DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

I saw another post here which suggest to use "iastor.sys". But I don't have that in the driver list. Mine is storahci.sys.

Please advise! Thanks,

hairinwind, Jul 2, 2019
  3. Ryan Pag Win User
    Blue screen of death issue

Hi Malcolm,

Blue screen of death error can be caused either by hardware failure or software compatibility. To help you resolve the blue screen of death issue, we would like to get more information:

• Please provide the complete stop error message that you are getting.
    • Were there any changes made prior to the issue?

We recommend following the troubleshooting steps in the article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Should you need further help, you're always welcome to post back.

Ryan Pag, Jul 2, 2019
  4. John Sarc Win User

Blue Screen of Death

We appreciate the information.

To get better assistance in resolving Blue Screen of Death, we suggest that you get in touch with our
    Answer Desk as it has the experts and advanced troubleshooting steps regarding this issue.

Regards.

John Sarc, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Getting DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Blue Screen Of Death While Browsing. - Similar Threads - Getting DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Blue

2. Blue Screen of Death DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION while watching Crunchyroll

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen of Death DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION while watching Crunchyroll: The past few months, I've been having issues with watching crunchyroll on my pc. I don't know what is causing it but I keep getting DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION blue screens almost exclusively while watching crunchyroll. I have had one when starting chrome and one while watching a...
  3. Blue Screen of Death DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION while watching Crunchyroll

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen of Death DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION while watching Crunchyroll: The past few months, I've been having issues with watching crunchyroll on my pc. I don't know what is causing it but I keep getting DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION blue screens almost exclusively while watching crunchyroll. I have had one when starting chrome and one while watching a...
  4. Blue Screen of Death DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION while watching Crunchyroll

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Blue Screen Of Death While Gaming

Blue Screen Of Death While Gaming: So I recently rebuilt my pc about 2 months ago, new case, new corsair ram, corsair water cooler and fans. When I rebuilt my pc it ran fine then started blue screening from the hard drive it was on got corrupted, I reinstalled windows on a different drive that has 300gb of...
  6. Blue Screen Of Death While In-Game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen Of Death While In-Game: Over the past years, my PC has been crashing while I am playing games. It never crashed, but now it has started again. I believe that it has to do with the cooling or heating of the PC. The crash only happens in the summer which suggests to me it has to do with the heat. It...
  7. Those Blue or Red Screens of death when browsing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Those Blue or Red Screens of death when browsing: I just want to say that if all else fails people, you can get out of those screens by bringing up your Task Manager, closing out the windows that way. Then do a scan of your computer just to be safe. I also check the programs on my computer to make sure nothing was...
  8. Blue Screen Of Death on youtube, DPC_watchdog_violation

Blue Screen Of Death on youtube, DPC_watchdog_violation: Hi, I've been having a problem with my Windows 10 laptop and could use some help. My problem is I keep getting BSOD on my Asus A555DG when watching youtube videos after differing amounts of time. It says DPC_watchdog_violation at the blue screen. Reading another post I saw...
  9. BSOD 0x133 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION while browsing

BSOD 0x133 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION while browsing: So I was browsing stuff on the web and this happens. Anyway, since then I've tried to update some certain drivers related to the issue, however, most of them were already up-to-date. I've ran an SFC scan and nothing came up in there either. Anyhow, specs down below and logs...
  10. BSOD - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION while gaming, browsing, etc,...

BSOD - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION while gaming, browsing, etc,...: Two or three weeks after moving into my college dorm, I started getting these constantly. And I have no idea why it started. I've updated my GPU/SSD/Wireless Adapter drivers, I'm running on ACHI, I've disabled any other network devices, etc. Still happening within a 2 hour...