Windows 10: Getting error 0x87e00005 trying to install games on Game Pass for PC

Discus and support Getting error 0x87e00005 trying to install games on Game Pass for PC in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I'm trying to download a couple of games to Gamepass and getting the above error. I've tried downloading a few other games including one I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mandrake45, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Getting error 0x87e00005 trying to install games on Game Pass for PC

Hi,I'm trying to download a couple of games to Gamepass and getting the above error. I've tried downloading a few other games including one I've successfully downloaded previously then uninstalled and I'm getting the same error. So far, out of the half dozen I've tried, only 1 has installed successfully. I've tried resetting the xbox app, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app and I've checked for windows updates. Beyond that I'm not sure what I should be trying next.

:)

Mandrake45, Jun 9, 2021

2. Can't install games with game pass

Hi Ashenath,

If you can’t install Game Pass Games on your PC, follow these suggestions:

Check if you have the right Game Pass

Clear Cache of Xbox Game Pass App

Update to the latest Windows 10 version,viz v1903

Admin privileges for Games

Give Admin privileges for Games

Check Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter

Repair Game if it keeps crashing or doesn’t work

Cannot Sign in to Xbox Live

If these steps didn't work, you can visit this link for further information:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/cant-install-gam...

Feel free to give me feedback about this issue.

Thanks and regards,

RichardGuerzon, Jun 9, 2021
  3. PC game pass

Hi NLH1

I'm Wilfredo S an Independent Advisor

I can suggest the following directly from the xbox support page

Troubleshoot game installations on Windows 10

RESTART YOUR PC

As basic as this is, a simple restart can set many things right.

ERROR MESSAGE

If there’s a download error, first try downloading again.

If the installation keeps failing, in most cases you’ll see an error code with a message. These are generally 10-character codes that start with “0x.” For example, 0xC03F7003.

FOR GAME PASS GAMES, CHECK THE STATUS OF YOUR PLAN

To install games from Xbox Game Pass, you must have an active Xbox Game Pass Ultimate or Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta) plan.

Make sure you’re signed in to Microsoft Store and/or the Xbox (Beta) app—whichever you’re installing from.

Make sure your Xbox Game Pass membership is current by signing in and checking the status.

Make sure your PC is online. If needed, see Fix network connection issues in Windows.

Source>>
    https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/t...

I hope it helps you

Wilfredo_Soto, Jun 9, 2021
  4. RAZ1183 Win User

Getting error 0x87e00005 trying to install games on Game Pass for PC

can't install any games with game pass pc

I can't install any games with game pass on my pc. I have updated windows to version 1903. Every time I try to install a game through the xbox beta app i get Error code:
    0x80070005

RAZ1183, Jun 9, 2021
Thema:

Getting error 0x87e00005 trying to install games on Game Pass for PC

1. Getting error 0x87e00005 trying to install games on Game Pass for PC - Similar Threads - Getting error 0x87e00005

2. Getting this error when trying to play a game downloaded via Game Pass.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting this error when trying to play a game downloaded via Game Pass.: Happens on both Wolfenstein3D and Return to Castle Wolfenstein. I have uninstalled and redownloaded both games and still get this error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-this-error-when-trying-to-play-a-game/8a5be516-9d95-4280-bcd8-a192d19a082e
  3. Getting this error when trying to play a game downloaded via Game Pass.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting this error when trying to play a game downloaded via Game Pass.: Happens on both Wolfenstein3D and Return to Castle Wolfenstein. I have uninstalled and redownloaded both games and still get this error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-this-error-when-trying-to-play-a-game/8a5be516-9d95-4280-bcd8-a192d19a082e
  4. Error when i try to get free item on game pass pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when i try to get free item on game pass pc: Error when i try to get free item on game pass pc. This is the error message.DCAT-ResourceNotFoundA7CNRcJQAw2DLSKRK3gTmu.411 2021/12/15 - 15:09:02 UTCEdition Windows 10 Pro Version 21H2 Installed on ‎9/‎15/‎2021 OS build 19044.1415 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack...
  5. Error when i try to get free item on game pass pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error when i try to get free item on game pass pc: Error when i try to get free item on game pass pc. This is the error message.DCAT-ResourceNotFoundA7CNRcJQAw2DLSKRK3gTmu.411 2021/12/15 - 15:09:02 UTCEdition Windows 10 Pro Version 21H2 Installed on ‎9/‎15/‎2021 OS build 19044.1415 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack...
  6. PC Game Pass/xbox Game Pass

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Game Pass/xbox Game Pass: I keep getting an error for my PC Game Pass saying that im encountering an error for installing my game pass games. Error Code Ox 00000001. Im paid up on my subscription, i can play the games on my xbox. But i cant get past this error to install on my PC and the error cant be...
  7. PC Game Pass and Game Installation

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    PC Game Pass and Game Installation: There is a few games that are available with the pass that I am not able to download. The install button will be greyed and when I click on "Install on this device" the Microsoft store will tell me I don't have any devices linked to my account. I have this issue with Gears 5,...
  8. Can't install game pass pc games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install game pass pc games: Bought the pc game pass and wanted to install outer worlds but when i put my mouse cursor over the install button my cursor turns into a red cross and i cant install the game and its the same with all the game pass games....
  9. Xbox game Pass PC not installing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game Pass PC not installing games: I am trying to install games from the xbox Game Pass app on PC and it keeps saying that my drive must be formatted in NTFS. Well, both my D: and E: drives have been formatted to this since I got my PC a couple months ago. It seems like no matter what I do I cannot install...
  10. Can't install some games of Game Pass (PC)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install some games of Game Pass (PC): I'm trying to install some games of Game Pass in Windows 10, like Hollow Knight and The Messenger. But the Windows Store isn't allowing me to download them, like in shown this vídeo: ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl0N6fQTddo ). There some games that i've already played...