Windows 10: Getting error 0xc00000e when installing windows and when I go into recovery options I get...

Discus and support Getting error 0xc00000e when installing windows and when I go into recovery options I get... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently purchased a new ssd and when I install windows I get 0xc00000e which when I try to fix upon pressing f1 for recovery tools goes to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheVillagePoPTart, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Getting error 0xc00000e when installing windows and when I go into recovery options I get...

I recently purchased a new ssd and when I install windows I get 0xc00000e which when I try to fix upon pressing f1 for recovery tools goes to 0xc0000098. I have tried to not use recovery tools and have entered various command prompts in the media creation tool and none work, also, when I try to boot into the SSD it says I need to select a bootable drive, I have ran “bootrec /scanos” in command prompt and it does not detect windows on any drives and will not boot into my HDD without crashing with the same error as when I try to install (0xc00000e). I am lost as I have done many YouTube and other internet troubleshooting steps and none have worked, any help would be appreciated.

submitted by /u/TheVillagePoPTart
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheVillagePoPTart, Nov 30, 2020
  2. TNJDK Win User

Error code 0xc00000e in Windows 10

And... error 0xc00000e

After the Bios changes, is there any particular step to redo? Or don't it have any influence?

TNJDK, Nov 30, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    How does Windows boot to advanced recovery option e.g. command prompt?

- that gives me a 454 'Unexpected error' This tells me that the BCD is partially corrupted.

The commands: shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
    or: %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c reagentc /boottore&shutdown /r /f /t 00
    should boot into Recovery if everything is configured correctly.
    FYI, If Windows is configured correctly:
    1. If Reagentc is disabled, you still can get into Recovery but with limited options.
    2. If Reagentc is enabled, you'll get all options.
    3. If you boot Windows using Recovery USB stick, You'll get into Recovery with couple of options missing.

Here's my suggestion if you want to try:
    OPTION 1: Will save the trouble of re-install Windows.

1. Download the image of my first 3 partitions (450MB Recovery, 100 MB EFI partition, and 16MB unformatted primary)
      EFI_Boot-00-00.7z - Google Drive
    2. Run Macrium and restore the image from step 1, overwriting your existing 1st three partitions, leaving C alone.
    3. Delete the 490MB Recovery partition.
    4. From Macrium, run fix boot problems.
    5. Reboot. Open Admin command prompt then run Reagentc /info to make sure that it is enabled. If not, enable it.
      if failed to enable, reboot and try again.
    OPTION 2: Assuming you've already had Windows backup with Macrium.

1. Wipe out the first 5 parttiions. (450MB, 100MB, 16MB, C Drive, 480MB)
    2. Fresh install Windows 10
    3. Restore C drive from backup image, run fix boot problems
    4. repeat step 5 from OPTION 1 above.

topgundcp, Nov 30, 2020
  4. TNJDK Win User

Getting error 0xc00000e when installing windows and when I go into recovery options I get...

Error code 0xc00000e in Windows 10

I have a really frustrating problem and need help.

It started monday morning (it's thursday evening now) when booting my computer.

I got the error message:

"MBR Error 1"

After consulting Gigabyte (the maker of my motherboard), I reset CMOS and changed the battery, just to be sure.

It got rid of the "MBR Error 1" message.

But then I got this error:

Recovery

Your PC/Device needs to be repaired

An unexpected error has occured.

Error Code: 0xc00000e

You'll need to use recovery tools. If you......

I followed the instructions from:

PC Needs to be repaired, File: \Windows\system32\winload.exe, Error Code: 0xc000000e

Somehow the drive letters had gotten mixed, as drive C:\ was suddenly another drive. I unplugged all drives from the motherboard, except my primary drive, only containing the most important programs and Windows 10, still got error code 0xc00000e. Reconnected
    my DVD-drive to run the Windows 10 media and tried to repair the installation. It failed.

I retried the bootrec commands and finally it recognized my Windows installation (bootrec /scanos).

But when I tried bootrec /rebuildbcd, I got the following message:

Scanning all discs for Windows Installations.

Please wait, sincde this may take a while...

Succesfully scanned Windows Installations.

Total identified Windows installations: 1

[1] c:\windows

Add installations to boot list? Yes No All - A

The requested system unit was not found (my translation)

The commands "bootrec /fixmbr" and "bootrec /fixboot" are both successfull.

But I still have the 0xc00000e error.

There has been no hardware upgrades, and the only software I believe was a Windows upgrade on sunday or earlier.

Do any have a solution, that doesn't involve a reinstall, as there are files and codes I need.

TNJDK, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

Getting error 0xc00000e when installing windows and when I go into recovery options I get...

1. Getting error 0xc00000e when installing windows and when I go into recovery options I get... - Similar Threads - Getting error 0xc00000e

2. i get a error named 0x80070001 when i try to install a directx because i get error when i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i get a error named 0x80070001 when i try to install a directx because i get error when i...: hi, i tried to download a game in steam and it all went well and it downloaded successfully and when i open the apllication it shows a error directxruntime error and if i give ok on that is opens u4e prerequisties app which is updating directx and it also results in error...
  3. i get a error named 0x80070001 when i try to install a directx because i get error when i...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i get a error named 0x80070001 when i try to install a directx because i get error when i...: hi, i tried to download a game in steam and it all went well and it downloaded successfully and when i open the apllication it shows a error directxruntime error and if i give ok on that is opens u4e prerequisties app which is updating directx and it also results in error...
  4. I get an error when i install a MSIXBundle File,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get an error when i install a MSIXBundle File,: Uhh, so i was installing a roblox msixbundle file, when i reinstall it,The error popped out and it said App installation failed with error message: error 0x80070005: Opening the package from location RobloxUWP-2.592.586.0-cerealwithmilk%202.Msixbundle failed....
  5. I get an error when i install a MSIXBundle File,

I get an error when i install a MSIXBundle File,: Uhh, so i was installing a roblox msixbundle file, when i reinstall it,The error popped out and it said App installation failed with error message: error 0x80070005: Opening the package from location RobloxUWP-2.592.586.0-cerealwithmilk%202.Msixbundle failed....
  6. I keep getting install error messages when installing programs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting install error messages when installing programs.: I keep getting the error message please finish other downloads before installing this one. And I do not have any other downloads installing. This happens when I try to install any program....
  7. i get this error code when i go to install affinity desider Code: 0x8024001D

i get this error code when i go to install affinity desider Code: 0x8024001D: the error code is Code: 0x8024001D https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-this-error-code-when-i-go-to-install/88fbd096-3bb3-4d98-87ed-dc3a9ddcd816
  8. When I Go To Youtube I Get Dns Error

in Cortana
    When I Go To Youtube I Get Dns Error: I Have Tried Many Things..... Output : This site can’t be reached www.youtube.com’s server IP address could not be found. Try running Windows Network Diagnostics. DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN...
  9. I keep getting the same update when I go to check for updates. Is it not installing?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I keep getting the same update when I go to check for updates. Is it not installing?: Hi, Every time I check for updates this same update comes up: Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Version 1.301.1841.0) It will download and then halfway through installing it will vanish and Windows Update will tell me I'm updated...
  10. Error Code 0xc00000e when booting Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error Code 0xc00000e when booting Windows: I am running Windows 10 on a 2017 Dell Inspirion 15 laptop (not exactly sure what model - can't find the serial number). So I was having an issue logging into my computer following an update, but I didn't have the adminstrator password and wasn't able to just uninstall the...
Tags: