Windows 10: Getting error 0xc0000142 whenever opening a command prompt (cmd.exe)

Discus and support Getting error 0xc0000142 whenever opening a command prompt (cmd.exe) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Any idea how to fix it? Haven't been able to find a solution in the great and powerful G**gle... submitted by /u/Sp00ky_Electr1c [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sp00ky_Electr1c, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Getting error 0xc0000142 whenever opening a command prompt (cmd.exe)

Any idea how to fix it? Haven't been able to find a solution in the great and powerful G**gle...

submitted by /u/Sp00ky_Electr1c
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sp00ky_Electr1c, Sep 1, 2020
  2. Paul5816 Win User

cmd prompt

When trying to use cmd prompt it pops up with an error saying "This application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142)." When following steps to try and fix any uninstalled updates on the computer from this forum, it shows up with the same error.

Please help!

Trying to get an Xbox One game to work which asks us go to cmd prompt to configure the IP address.

Paul5816, Sep 1, 2020
  3. Fawkes98 Win User
    unable to open Command prompt error "The application was unable to start correctly(0xc0000142). [cmd.exe]"

Original Title: The application was unable to start correctly(0xc0000142). [cmd.exe]"

I am a Windows user and have upgraded to windows 10 pro. Since then I have been getting a error, " The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142)" when I try to open command prompt. and similar errors while installing java. I have seen many
    people post about this error on the forum, but never got a perfect solution for it.

Windows engineers who respond to the thread ask to open the command prompt (admin mode) and run some command. I mean its a cmd.exe error, command prompt CANNOT be opened.

I have tried Event viewer but it doesn't show any error log's.

I have tried changing the registry value of LoadAppint value, nothing changed.

Please help me with a solution.

Fawkes98, Sep 1, 2020
  4. cwtech Win User

Getting error 0xc0000142 whenever opening a command prompt (cmd.exe)

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

Getting error 0xc0000142 whenever opening a command prompt (cmd.exe)

1. Getting error 0xc0000142 whenever opening a command prompt (cmd.exe) - Similar Threads - Getting error 0xc0000142

2. Hello, I'm getting a command prompt error when running an .exe as administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, I'm getting a command prompt error when running an .exe as administrator: ScreenshotSignature checksum failed. Request was tampered with or session ended most likely. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-im-getting-a-command-prompt-error-when/f228fdc4-d1c3-48bd-a516-87fce132404a
  3. Hello, I'm getting a command prompt error when running an .exe as administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello, I'm getting a command prompt error when running an .exe as administrator: ScreenshotSignature checksum failed. Request was tampered with or session ended most likely. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-im-getting-a-command-prompt-error-when/f228fdc4-d1c3-48bd-a516-87fce132404a
  4. Hello, I'm getting a command prompt error when running an .exe as administrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Command Prompt CMD flashes but does not stay open.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command Prompt CMD flashes but does not stay open.: My CMD was working fine until I had to uninstall Anaconda from my system. After that the CMD prompt stopped working. When running CMD even as administrator, it opened the window but immediately got closed. The problem was not from PATH variables. Even directly going to...
  6. Can't open command prompt cmd on windows 10

Can't open command prompt cmd on windows 10: Hi, So, recently I've had this weird bug that I can't open my command prompt in normal mode or admin, the only way to open it is if I create a new user on my computer, this way I can open it but only in the new user session. When trying to open it it flashes, opens and...
  7. All .exe files opening in Blender, including the command prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    All .exe files opening in Blender, including the command prompt: I was using Blender for a project, and I tried opening its own file type in it, which is .blend, but it wasn't associated with that application. So I went to a .blend file's properties, and choose the app blender.exe for it to be opened in. Guess what, every program's icon...
  8. Check disk at command prompt CMD

Check disk at command prompt CMD: Hello,I also appealed to the Microsoft community where I also have a request to you, and those to ask you to give me all the useful check disk commands in the command prompt CMDThank you!Wait for response!A good day!...
  9. Check disk in command prompt CMD

Check disk in command prompt CMD: Hello, I also appealed to the Microsoft community in which I also have a request to you, and those to ask you to give me all the useful command disk commands in command prompt CMD Thank you! Wait for response! A good day!...
  10. regedit,command prompt & .exe files does not open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    regedit,command prompt & .exe files does not open: regedit, command prompt does not show run as administrator option and also does not open any .exe files on my windows 10 laptop.it says to look for an app in Microsoft store....
Tags: