Windows 10: Getting Error 0xc0000428 while starting pc for first time after a while.

Discus and support Getting Error 0xc0000428 while starting pc for first time after a while. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Everytime I start my pc after some while like after 3-4hrs it shows 0xc0000428 error and after going to boot options and restarting it just starts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AdityaBhonsle, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Getting Error 0xc0000428 while starting pc for first time after a while.

Everytime I start my pc after some while like after 3-4hrs it shows 0xc0000428 error and after going to boot options and restarting it just starts normally. It has become annoying to go through this everytime for starting Windows. I had change of Motherboard a while back and have tried to factory reset for 3 times but its of no use.

:)

AdityaBhonsle, Jan 4, 2021

2. Unable to boot the device with error: 0xc0000428 on Windows 10

Hi Vuk,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in booting the device with 0xc0000428 error. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message along with the error code of this issue?
    • From when are you facing this issue?
    • Have you make any hardware/ software changes to your device prior to this issue?

I would like to inform that when you attempt to start a Windows 10 system, the system fails to start normally and you receive an error:
    0xc0000428 for the signed driver dlkmdldr.sys. Do confirm us if you are facing the same issue.

Try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to remove all the external devices except mouse and keyboard, hard reboot the device and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to boot the device by choosing the "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" mode from the advanced boot menu, you would be able to boot the system to the desktop.

• Try to boot the device to Windows Recovery Environment
    • Click on Advanced options, Startup Settings
      and Restart.
    • Once the computer restarts, press F7 key to start he device on
      Disable Driver Signature Enforcement mode.
    • Check if the computer boot successfully.

Step 3: I suggest you to install the pending updates on your device after restarting the computer.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above an update us the status of this issue to assist you further accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 4, 2021
  3. OverDEdge Win User
    Blue Screen and Error code: 0xc0000428 on Startup

Hello,

When I start my computer the screen is blue and reports:
    Digital signature for this file couldn't be verified
    Error code: 0xc0000428
    You'll need ti use recovery tools. If you don't have any installation media (like a disc or USB device), contact your PC administrator or PC/Device manufacturer

If I press F1 for Recovery Environment then I just return to the same blue screen and error message. If I press Esc then I can get into BIOS and choose to Boot from UEFI installation media.

First, let me say that I have Googled and tried pretty much every suggested solution out there but I still haven't been able to fix this issue.

Computer information:
    Asus Laptop
    Windows 10 Home

It started when I turned on my computer yesterday (worked the day before), the only difference is that I had plugged in headphones when I started the computer (the headphones I had used before on numerous computers).

To try and solve this I have:
    - Downloaded the MediaCreationTool and created an installation Media (to have USB to boot from)
    - I tried every System Repair and Restore (from Troubleshooter) but nothing worked. System Restore just restores to last known point (have tried different points) but the same blue screen error occurs.
    - I tried to install a new Windows but I still get the same error (and now I can't do System restore since there are no previous saves)
    - I have gone into Command prompt and tried Chkdsk and it reports no errors except that it was unable to save message log.
    - I even tried to recreate the Registry by using CMD but when I came to the step to go into RegBack the directory is empty of any files (no Registry files so can't perform back-up)

So if anyone can help me figure out how to restore my computer it would be highly appreciated since it feels like I have tried everything.

OverDEdge, Jan 4, 2021
  4. Getting Error 0xc0000428 while starting pc for first time after a while.

Kapil Arya MVP, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

Getting Error 0xc0000428 while starting pc for first time after a while.

1. Getting Error 0xc0000428 while starting pc for first time after a while. - Similar Threads - Getting Error 0xc0000428

2. get error while resetting PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    get error while resetting PC: I have an Asus Laptop. I was trying to reset my pc. But during reset precess blue screen was apperering and showing stop code : SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, what failed : igdkmd64.sys. Then rebooting to previous Windows 10. Due the error being encountered during reset process of...
  3. get error while resetting PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    get error while resetting PC: I have an Asus Laptop. I was trying to reset my pc. But during reset precess blue screen was apperering and showing stop code : SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, what failed : igdkmd64.sys. Then rebooting to previous Windows 10. Due the error being encountered during reset process of...
  4. get error while resetting PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. ERROR 0xc0000428 AND ERROR 0XC0000098

ERROR 0xc0000428 AND ERROR 0XC0000098: שלום, אני מנסה להפעיל את המחשב שלי DELL, WINDOWS 10 ולא מצליח. כבר תקופה מסוימת שזה קורה. כל פעם עלי ללחוץ F5 כדי לסרוק את המחשב ואז אחרי שהכל תקין הוא נדלק. והיום משום מה הנייד שלי לא נדלק. ניסיתי כמה פתרונות מוצעים ע"פ השגיאות שבכותרת ולא הצליח בראשונה ניסיתי את התיקון...
  6. Error occurred while starting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error occurred while starting: One of my games is not working anymore, It's been one week since the first time. A message pops up and says:[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-occurred-while-starting/29f202d2-3c30-40e1-98f1-1d3fcaf67e98
  7. error code 0xc0000428

error code 0xc0000428: Hi there when i start my pc it bluescreens and i get this message Your PC/Device needs to be repaired the digital signature for this file couldnt be verified. file: \WINDOWS\system32\winload.efi Error code: 0xc0000428 I currently am working for my computer and would...
  8. Windows starts with error 0xc0000428 even when booted on USB by mediacreation tool after...

Windows starts with error 0xc0000428 even when booted on USB by mediacreation tool after...: My system is now "dead", some context to begin with : I have an acer predator helios 500 laptop so some built in software, with a 1TB hard drive with only data on it and two SSDs with windows files and other applications. After the update latest update I do not know if this...
  9. Error while starting windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error while starting windows: The problem came out from nowhere.please help me with this Intel UNDI , PXE-2.1 (build 083) Copyright (C) 1997-2000 intel corporation This product is covered by one or more patents: US5,307,459 , US5,434,872, US5,732,094, US6,570,884, US6,115,776 AND US6,327,625...
  10. Freeze while completing settings. First time install.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Freeze while completing settings. First time install.: Hello. I just installed a new copy of windows 10 home on my laptop and when i install it i have no problems, but after drivers are installed automatically while "Wait a moment..." loading screen the pc freeze and i can't continue. If i install windows 10 without internet...
Tags: