Windows 10: getting error 2184 from net view.

Discus and support getting error 2184 from net view. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; when running net view command I get error 2184 "The servie has net been started", however "net view \\specificpf" returns a list of shares from that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WilliamSimeon, Sep 16, 2018.

1. getting error 2184 from net view.

when running net view command I get error 2184 "The servie has net been started", however "net view \\specificpf" returns a list of shares from that machine.

I have checked and Workstation, Server and Browser services are running.

:)

WilliamSimeon, Sep 16, 2018

2. Net view no entries in the list

Net View displays a list of domains, computers, or resources that are being shared by the specified computer. Used without parameters, net view displays a list of computers in your current domain. To use the
    Net View command, follow the steps indicated on this support
    article

Should you need further assistance, feel free to let us know.

Amylove Loy, Sep 16, 2018
  3. NAS Disappears and "net view" Fails on non-First Computer to Boot

With the latest build of Win10 (Version 1703, Build 15063.138), our NAS has disappeared from the Network portion of File Explorer on the last of our two computers that boot. Trying to do "net view" from a PowerShell (Admin) window works on the first computer
    booted, but on the second it fails with the useless error 2184: "the service has not been started" (and it's more than useless "net helpmsg 1284" suggestion which merely repeats the same worthless phrase). Reversing the boot order reverses the computers
    that succeed and fail with "net view". The computer that boots first becomes the Master Browser and is the only one that can see the NAS in the Network portion of File Explorer. On both computers, the mapped Z: drive to the NAS always works and browsing
    to the NAS' IP address or hostname works just fine. It's just not showing up in Network.

Feedback Hub link

oreveredrist, Sep 16, 2018
  4. getting error 2184 from net view.

.NET Framework 1.0 updates install every day

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

The issue might occur if there is any corruption during windows update.I will certainly help you with the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1 I suggest you to run Windows Update Troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

• Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on windows update.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2 I also suggest you to uncheck the
    .NET Framework 1.0 and restart the computer and check if issue persists,

Please follow the steps below:

• Right click on start menu and click on programs and features.

• Click Turn windows features on or off.

• Uncheck .NET Framework 1.0 and .NET Framework services.

• Click on ok.
    Once, you have unchecked these, Please restart your computer and recheck
    the .NET Framework 1.0 and .NET Framework services andcheck.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Sep 16, 2018
Thema:

getting error 2184 from net view.

1. getting error 2184 from net view. - Similar Threads - getting error 2184

2. What is .net error from bixby

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is .net error from bixby: I got this error from bixby app again from my samsung galaxy book go https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-net-error-from-bixby/07303f8f-401c-467e-be7f-c1def5750a93
  3. What is .net error from bixby

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is .net error from bixby: I got this error from bixby app again from my samsung galaxy book go https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-net-error-from-bixby/07303f8f-401c-467e-be7f-c1def5750a93
  4. How to refresh the net view command

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to refresh the net view command: Hi folks, I would like to know how I refresh the the list shown by the net view command. When I use the net view command it shows computers that are already turned off. It only shows a list of current computers on the net when I restart the computer. Tried this commands to...
  5. Error 1707 when using "net view \\server"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error 1707 when using "net view \\server": [ATTACH] I am unable to map any drives of one of my Win10 boxes. When I click on Network in Explorer I see the computer for which I want to connect but when I double-click I get the attached error (The network address is invalid). When I do a "net view \\server" at a...
  6. getting error in view reliability history

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    getting error in view reliability history: Error 1: Description Faulting Application Path: bad_module_info Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: bad_module_info Application Version: 0.0.0.0 Application Timestamp: 00000000 Fault Module Name: StackHash_0000 Fault Module...
  7. Net View Problem

Net View Problem: I'm been searching on how to resolve this problem with my very small network. I ran net view, and it came back to me with this message "The service has not been started", followed by :NET HELPMSG 2184. My other computer when I run net view shows me both computers. Does anyone...
  8. Error 6118 and Net View problem - SOLVED At LAST

Error 6118 and Net View problem - SOLVED At LAST: Whilst trying to solve the issue I was surprised to see so many posts about it on the Net. Many 'fixes' were mentioned, many failures too. There are lots of possible factors involved, however the solution to my problem involved no changing of P.C. settings. It is only...
  9. NET VIEW command in cmd System error 1231

NET VIEW command in cmd System error 1231: Hello, I am not a networking or cmd expert but I wanted to use the command: NET VIEW but it shows: System error 1231 has occurred. The network location cannot be reached. For information about network troubleshooting, see Windows Help. How can I fix this ? Tried using...
  10. 'net view' command

'net view' command: Hi - I have an audio player (X10) and video player (Dune) connected to my router. Looking at the attached pic, can anyone explain why both appear under 'Network' (in Explorer) but only the Dune appears in the Command Prompt 'net view'? Thank you. 102085

Users found this page by searching for:

1. net helpmsg 2184

2. net helpmsg 2184 net view

3. net view 2184

4. net helpmsg 2184 windows 10,
  5. helpmsg 2184,
  6. windows 10 net view error 2184,
  7. net view error 2184,
  8. how to fix net view error 2184,
  9. net view helpmsg 2184,
  10. net view erreur 2184,
  11. net help 2184,