Windows 10: Getting error as connection was reset

Discus and support Getting error as connection was reset in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, For last few months I am getting error as the connection was reset while opening some websites. And this issue is coming on a specific device so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by vineet_ranjan, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Getting error as connection was reset

Hi,

For last few months I am getting error as the connection was reset while opening some websites. And this issue is coming on a specific device so I can't say that the problem is from my ISP. I tried all the troubleshooting steps given on Microsoft website. I even tried reinstalling all the browsers. I did Network reset also, still the problem persists. One thing I have noticed that when i use VPN the same website opens perfectly. Please help me with this issue.

Getting error as connection was reset 6eb16431-6689-43b3-8bb0-6860cf244a05?upload=true.png

Getting error as connection was reset a08aa72f-abce-44a3-a0c4-9d878d9b7eb8?upload=true.png

:)

vineet_ranjan, Jan 3, 2019
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jan 3, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 3, 2019
  4. Getting error as connection was reset

Can't get internet connection to an app, or to the Store

Hi Bruce,

Error code 0x8000FFFF can be caused by a corrupt installation. We suggest that you reset your Windows store by following these steps:

• Type in Settings in Cortana.
    • Click on System.
    • Select Apps & features.
    • Locate and click Store.
    • Click on Advanced options.
    • Click on Reset.
    Once done with the reset, download the desired application and test if working.

Let us know if steps provided needs to be taken further.

Darwin Dim, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

Getting error as connection was reset

1. Getting error as connection was reset - Similar Threads - Getting error connection

2. Getting Connecting to Printer error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting Connecting to Printer error: Getting Connecting to Printer error in Microsoft Word https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-connecting-to-printer-error/cb4f2b43-fe43-459f-8096-8204b8004c4b
  3. Getting Connecting to Printer error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting Connecting to Printer error: Getting Connecting to Printer error in Microsoft Word https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-connecting-to-printer-error/cb4f2b43-fe43-459f-8096-8204b8004c4b
  4. Getting Connecting to Printer error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Random connection reset error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random connection reset error: I have purchased a new Dell XPS and it has windows 11 home. Now the problem I am facing is, I am getting a random connection reset error when I try to visit some websites. And I have also noticed one more thing, when I visit a website that is not linked to micsoft directly...
  6. Random connection reset error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random connection reset error: I have purchased a new Dell XPS and it has windows 11 home. Now the problem I am facing is, I am getting a random connection reset error when I try to visit some websites. And I have also noticed one more thing, when I visit a website that is not linked to micsoft directly...
  7. get error while resetting PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    get error while resetting PC: I have an Asus Laptop. I was trying to reset my pc. But during reset precess blue screen was apperering and showing stop code : SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, what failed : igdkmd64.sys. Then rebooting to previous Windows 10. Due the error being encountered during reset process of...
  8. get error while resetting PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    get error while resetting PC: I have an Asus Laptop. I was trying to reset my pc. But during reset precess blue screen was apperering and showing stop code : SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, what failed : igdkmd64.sys. Then rebooting to previous Windows 10. Due the error being encountered during reset process of...
  9. Can not connect to default gateway, error “Connection was reset”

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can not connect to default gateway, error “Connection was reset”: I haven’t been able to connect to my default gateway for the pass couple days, whenever I go in it just says connection was reset and doesn’t work I’ve tried doing ipconfig /flushdns ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew nor did changing the dns to 8.8.8.8 help so if any...
  10. Connection reset Windows 10 error.

in Windows 10 Support
    Connection reset Windows 10 error.: Hey, I am facing this connection reset error on my HP laptop. I am not able to access the internet as this error keeps popping up. I tried flushing DNS but it didn't work. Should I contact HP support number? Can anyone help me with a working solution? 107775