Windows 10: Getting error code 0x80073D26 when trying to install Gaming Services

Discus and support Getting error code 0x80073D26 when trying to install Gaming Services in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; When trying to install Gaming Services Xbox from the Windows Store I get the error 0x80073D26 when installing after download is complete The app does... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by SandmanLG, Aug 1, 2020 at 11:22 AM.

1. SandmanLG Win User

Getting error code 0x80073D26 when trying to install Gaming Services

When trying to install Gaming Services Xbox from the Windows Store I get the error 0x80073D26 when installing after download is complete

The app does not exist in add/remove programs.

The Xbox app has a banner stating that Gaming Services needs to be installed.

Games from the Xbox app will not install.

Using powershell, the app does not appear in the list get-appxpackage Gaming* and get-appxpackage Microsoft.Gam*, nor can I remove it that way as there's nothing to remove.

Event viewer entries: Event Viewer-> Applications and Services->Microsoft->Windows->AppXDeployment-Server->Microsoft-Windows-AppxDeploymentServer/Operational shows the following error:

AppX Deployment operation failed for package Microsoft.GamingServices_2.43.13001.0_neutral_~_8wekyb3d8bbwe with error 0x80073CF6. The specific error text for this failure is: error 0x80073D26: While processing the request, the system failed to register the windows.service extension due to the following error: The package installation failed because a different version of the service is installed. Try installing a newer version of the package.

:)

2. Gaming services

Hello TheDankestYo,

My name is Alex. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today. Please check and try the step in this forum to see if it will help you get your issue resolve.

Error Code: 0x80073D26 Can't install Gaming Services from Microsoft Store, nor can I reinstall xbox app.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Alex Cruz

Independent Advisor

alexiscruz1985, Aug 1, 2020 at 11:23 AM
  3. Gaming services

I've been trying to play some xbox game pass games and haven't be able to due to gaming services not installing. I've tried the power shell -Admin approach and didn't work all it did was download and the fail to install or Error. and the code is Code:
    0x80073D26

TheDankestYo, Aug 1, 2020 at 11:23 AM
  4. Getting error code 0x80073D26 when trying to install Gaming Services

I can't get gaming services to install.

Hello. I have been trying to install a game (Football manager 2020) from my xbox game pass but it tells me I'm missing gaming services and when it does so, I try to install yet it gives me an error. The error is the following:
    0x80073D26. No matter what I do or follow the fixes I have found on the internet, none of them work. I'd like to request any help here.

Call MePedro, Aug 1, 2020 at 11:23 AM
Thema:

Getting error code 0x80073D26 when trying to install Gaming Services

1. Getting error code 0x80073D26 when trying to install Gaming Services - Similar Threads - Getting error code

2. Windows Store / Xbox App Not Letting Me Install Games Code: 0x80073D26

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store / Xbox App Not Letting Me Install Games Code: 0x80073D26: I have been trying to fix this for hours and have read through many other threads and nothing has worked so far. On both the Xbox App and the Microsoft Store, games that I want to install won't install. When I go to install them, the download starts, then errors itself after...
  3. Error Code: 0x80073D26. Can't install Gaming Services from Microsoft Store, nor can I...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error Code: 0x80073D26. Can't install Gaming Services from Microsoft Store, nor can I...: So I've seen similar posts, but from some time ago, and none of the proposed solutions worked for me. My Xbox app stopped downloading games properly after I uninstalled Final Fantasy 15. After exhausting the recommended solutions related to 0x80073D26 on the web, I'm worse...
  4. Error Code when trying to log in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Error Code when trying to log in: I keep receiving this error code every time I try logging into my Dell Inspiron 15 windows 10 laptop: 0x8009002d. Is there any way to fix this? I've been locked out of my laptop for months......
  5. Keep getting Error code: 0x8007025D when trying to install windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keep getting Error code: 0x8007025D when trying to install windows: I created a bootable USB from the windows media creation tool within windows 10. Went to install and formatted the drive for a fresh install but I keep getting this error code and I can't go back and make another USB as I don't have access to another PC and my desktop doesn't...
  6. Error 0x8004E103 when trying to install Gaming Services, Xbox BETA apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x8004E103 when trying to install Gaming Services, Xbox BETA apps: I am an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscriber. In December, my Xbox BETA app stopped working to browse and install new games. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and got the above error code when reinstalling. In searching for solutions to this to reinstall Xbox BETA, one...
  7. When i try to download certain games on the game pass beta app I get an error code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i try to download certain games on the game pass beta app I get an error code: I mainly paid for the xbox game pass beta for 2 games, Metro Exodus and Wolfenstein, and whenver i try to download either of them it tells me something unexpected happened and i get either error code 0x80070005 or error code 0x00000001. I have been dealing with this for...
  8. Getting BSOD when I try to install Logitech Gaming Software. Error Code: LGBusEnum.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting BSOD when I try to install Logitech Gaming Software. Error Code: LGBusEnum.sys: Hi everyone, As the title of my problem states I am getting the BSOD whenever I try to download the Logitech Gaming Software, I have contacted Logitech customer support directly and went through all their suggested tips to no avail. The tech support suggested I contact...
  9. I get an error code when trying to play a game on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get an error code when trying to play a game on my laptop: the code is -2005532572 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/i-get-an-error-code-when-trying-to-play-a-game-on/fc6c49e0-84db-4a09-8ce5-49ca04a4a452
  10. Class Not Registered Error When Trying To Install A Game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Class Not Registered Error When Trying To Install A Game: So I spent several hours last night waiting as the Sims 2 installed from Origin. When it came time for the setup to finish I got an error. C:\WINDOWS\system32\REG.exe Class not registered. I've searched the Internet and can't find anyone with this exact issue....