Windows 10: Getting error code 0xc0000428 and then cannot proceed with windows installation.

Discus and support Getting error code 0xc0000428 and then cannot proceed with windows installation. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My brother got a cyberpower pc for christmas a GMA 4200 BST and recently the windows just.. failed. So we have been trying to fix it for the past 3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by waitinghighlife, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Getting error code 0xc0000428 and then cannot proceed with windows installation.

My brother got a cyberpower pc for christmas a GMA 4200 BST and recently the windows just.. failed. So we have been trying to fix it for the past 3 days. We got in contact with a customer support agent, who told us to delete manufacturers files and everything, so we did. But here's a rundown of what we've done so far and what's happened

• Installed the ISO image/media creation onto a USB file and then put it into the computer. This required us to make it active and set a partition, which I did from my own laptop
    • We can only hit custom settings, not upgrade after we hit "Install windows" as there, just... isn't windows on there anymore.
    • We eventually got to a point where we selected a UEFI USB, as that had the partition on a windows boot setting, and it seemed to work
    • We got a 0xc0000428 error which said it was the digital signature not working, and so we went to the "Repair Computer" setting on the "Install Windows" page, typed in the command to update the BootMGR.
    • After this, we constantly get a window that says that windows installation cannot proceed, and to install windows we should click OK. We got it to go on once, for a 0xc0000001 error, but for the past 20 minutes or so it has continued to repeat the window and will not go on. Even if trying to get into the hard settings, I guess?

Anyways, we've tried multiple times to contact support agents who were slightly helpful, or just hung up on us after five seconds yes, this happened today. After a hour and 23 minutes.. It would be very appreciated if someone would try to help us come up with a solution, as there is the quarantine/COVID-19 and we aren't too sure if trying to send in the computer/pc would work at the moment.

Thanks!

:)

waitinghighlife, Mar 24, 2020
  2. Cmrekeith Win User

What is windows error code: 0xc0000428

Can error code: 0xc0000428 be corrected by reloading Windows 10 software?

Cmrekeith, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Unable to boot the device with error: 0xc0000428 on Windows 10

Hi Vuk,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in booting the device with 0xc0000428 error. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message along with the error code of this issue?
    • From when are you facing this issue?
    • Have you make any hardware/ software changes to your device prior to this issue?

I would like to inform that when you attempt to start a Windows 10 system, the system fails to start normally and you receive an error:
    0xc0000428 for the signed driver dlkmdldr.sys. Do confirm us if you are facing the same issue.

Try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to remove all the external devices except mouse and keyboard, hard reboot the device and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to boot the device by choosing the "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" mode from the advanced boot menu, you would be able to boot the system to the desktop.

• Try to boot the device to Windows Recovery Environment
    • Click on Advanced options, Startup Settings
      and Restart.
    • Once the computer restarts, press F7 key to start he device on
      Disable Driver Signature Enforcement mode.
    • Check if the computer boot successfully.

Step 3: I suggest you to install the pending updates on your device after restarting the computer.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above an update us the status of this issue to assist you further accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 24, 2020
  4. OverDEdge Win User

Getting error code 0xc0000428 and then cannot proceed with windows installation.

Blue Screen and Error code: 0xc0000428 on Startup

Hello,

When I start my computer the screen is blue and reports:
    Digital signature for this file couldn't be verified
    Error code: 0xc0000428
    You'll need ti use recovery tools. If you don't have any installation media (like a disc or USB device), contact your PC administrator or PC/Device manufacturer

If I press F1 for Recovery Environment then I just return to the same blue screen and error message. If I press Esc then I can get into BIOS and choose to Boot from UEFI installation media.

First, let me say that I have Googled and tried pretty much every suggested solution out there but I still haven't been able to fix this issue.

Computer information:
    Asus Laptop
    Windows 10 Home

It started when I turned on my computer yesterday (worked the day before), the only difference is that I had plugged in headphones when I started the computer (the headphones I had used before on numerous computers).

To try and solve this I have:
    - Downloaded the MediaCreationTool and created an installation Media (to have USB to boot from)
    - I tried every System Repair and Restore (from Troubleshooter) but nothing worked. System Restore just restores to last known point (have tried different points) but the same blue screen error occurs.
    - I tried to install a new Windows but I still get the same error (and now I can't do System restore since there are no previous saves)
    - I have gone into Command prompt and tried Chkdsk and it reports no errors except that it was unable to save message log.
    - I even tried to recreate the Registry by using CMD but when I came to the step to go into RegBack the directory is empty of any files (no Registry files so can't perform back-up)

So if anyone can help me figure out how to restore my computer it would be highly appreciated since it feels like I have tried everything.

OverDEdge, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Getting error code 0xc0000428 and then cannot proceed with windows installation.

1. Getting error code 0xc0000428 and then cannot proceed with windows installation. - Similar Threads - Getting error code

2. Error code 0xc0000428

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code 0xc0000428: Hello,I'm having trouble with my Windows 11 PC. Upon booting, I receive the following message, in form of Blue Screen of Death:"RecoveryYour PC/Device needs to be repairedThe digital signature for this file couldn't be verified.Error code: 0xc0000428You'll need to use...
  3. Error code 0xc0000428

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error code 0xc0000428: Hello,I'm having trouble with my Windows 10 PC. Upon booting, I receive the following message, in form of Blue Screen of Death:"RecoveryYour PC/Device needs to be repairedThe digital signature for this file couldn't be verified.Error code: 0xc0000428You'll need to use...
  4. Error code 0xc0000428

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code 0xc0000428: Hello,I'm having trouble with my Windows 10 PC. Upon booting, I receive the following message, in form of Blue Screen of Death:"RecoveryYour PC/Device needs to be repairedThe digital signature for this file couldn't be verified.Error code: 0xc0000428You'll need to use...
  5. Error code 0xc0000428

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. error code 0xc0000428

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    error code 0xc0000428: Hi there when i start my pc it bluescreens and i get this message Your PC/Device needs to be repaired the digital signature for this file couldnt be verified. file: \WINDOWS\system32\winload.efi Error code: 0xc0000428 I currently am working for my computer and would...
  7. Error code 0xc0000428

Error code 0xc0000428: I have made media tool on a usb but my pc wont even get past the error. I tried on a new pc and that still doesn't work. I even tried with a Windows 10 usb from Microsoft....
  8. Error Code 0xc0000428

Error Code 0xc0000428: I was downloading Minecraft mods thru the Twitch client, and my PC crashed, upon reboot, I am receiving a "Your PC needs to be repaired" message, with error code 0xc0000428. What I have tried: Originally, the error screen was giving me an option to enter recovery, but that...
  9. recover error code 0xc0000428

recover error code 0xc0000428: Hi team, could you advice place, [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-error-code-0xc0000428/5a1ac150-aa1e-4639-9a5a-e4c574205306
  10. Error code 0xc0000428

Error code 0xc0000428: I have searched the community and no one is answering the issue I have. I powered down my computer Windows 10 Pro os with the most recent updates as of 11/22/18. When I returned home after 5 days I attempted to boot my computer and it gave me an error of "insert boot disc"...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. installation failed with error code: (0xc0000428) .net