Windows 10: Getting Error: Fatal: Could not create work tree dir 'folder's name in repository':No such...

Discus and support Getting Error: Fatal: Could not create work tree dir 'folder's name in repository':No such... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. My operating system is Windows 10 Home. It's default operating system when I bought my laptop from official store. First of all, I don't know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FeridPW, May 4, 2019.

1. FeridPW Win User

Getting Error: Fatal: Could not create work tree dir 'folder's name in repository':No such...

Hello. My operating system is Windows 10 Home. It's default operating system when I bought my laptop from official store.

First of all, I don't know is it my real problem or not , but most probably it is write permission, I guess.

So I want to describe my problem precisely.

In three situations I encounter with this problem:

1) When I want to clone some project from Git to my laptop there is an error. So basically what I do is writing this command on CMD -> "git clone <repository name>" and getting this result -> "fatal: could not create work tree dir 'folder's name in repository': No such file or directory." I searched online for this problem on Stackoverflow.com and in answers people say that the folder that I want to clone my files dont have writing permission. But I check it and see that everything is okey, I have full access to everything. I did same things on Git bash, but same result. So even running both Git bash and CMD as an administrator gives same result.

2) As a programmer I tried to write small code on C language. The process that my program does is just creating a .txt file and writing some text inside it. But again same kind of problem. When I run program there is no any .txt file. Then I tried to create .txt file manually, but this time after running my code it didn't write any text inside it. I'm pretty sure there is no any problem on my code. Because the exact same code does what I want on other computers.

3) Sometimes after editing some file in some programs Windows doesn't let me to save it and gives error "this file doesn't exist".

So as a result of these three situations I suppose that there is something wrong with permissions on my laptop, although it shows me that I'm administrator and have full access to everything.

What can I do about this problem?

***Moved From: Windows 10/Security & privacy***

***Changed Original Title From: Don't have write permission***

:)

FeridPW, May 4, 2019
  2. maxim__s Win User

Bug: cannot rename the file/dir to a name starting with "."

Just try to create, using Explorer GUI, a new dir with the name starting with "."

Surely it will, as usually in Windows, create "New Folder" and then rename to the new name.

And the rename step fails with the error of "Rename: You must type a file name"

"md" and "move" from the command line work fine.

maxim__s, May 4, 2019
  3. Flava0ne Win User
    Fatal Error

I've been trying to format my system but right after it finishes formatting I get a Fatal Error during the Windows installation process. That Fatal Error is a Data Error (cyclic redundancy check). I know that it's because of my hard drives, but how do I fix this issue? I have 2 Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 250GB SATA II Hard Drives in RAID 0. Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. *Smile Getting Error: Fatal: Could not create work tree dir 'folder's name in repository':No such... :)

Flava0ne, May 4, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Getting Error: Fatal: Could not create work tree dir 'folder's name in repository':No such...

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, May 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Getting Error: Fatal: Could not create work tree dir 'folder's name in repository':No such... - Similar Threads - Getting Error Fatal

2. fatal: could not create work tree dir 'audio_extractor': Permission denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fatal: could not create work tree dir 'audio_extractor': Permission denied: I have created a remote server to deploy my code in digital ocean. When i try to clone my github repo it will give me this error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fatal-could-not-create-work-tree-dir/fc911d47-fcd3-469a-be77-93c9524bc710
  3. fatal: could not create work tree dir 'audio_extractor': Permission denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fatal: could not create work tree dir 'audio_extractor': Permission denied: I have created a remote server to deploy my code in digital ocean. When i try to clone my github repo it will give me this error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fatal-could-not-create-work-tree-dir/fc911d47-fcd3-469a-be77-93c9524bc710
  4. fatal: could not create work tree dir 'audio_extractor': Permission denied

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. fatal: could not create work tree dir 'example': Permission denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fatal: could not create work tree dir 'example': Permission denied: Hi, I am trying to install this thing called LanguageLeapAI from GitHub. When I run the necessary commands in cmd to run it, it shows me this: fatal: could not create work tree dir 'LanguageLeapAI': Permission denied. Please help.Thank you for reviewing my request...
  6. fatal: could not create work tree dir 'example': Permission denied

fatal: could not create work tree dir 'example': Permission denied: Hi, I am trying to install this thing called LanguageLeapAI from GitHub. When I run the necessary commands in cmd to run it, it shows me this: fatal: could not create work tree dir 'LanguageLeapAI': Permission denied. Please help.Thank you for reviewing my request...
  7. Folder Tree

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder Tree: I did it again. While trying to unhook from onedrive, I ended up with a Music icon on a new D drive folder with folders under it where they don't belong. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-tree/52e32790-a365-48cb-b079-99b63eae60fc
  8. Folder Tree

Folder Tree: I did it again. While trying to unhook from onedrive, I ended up with a Music icon on a new D drive folder with folders under it where they don't belong. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-tree/52e32790-a365-48cb-b079-99b63eae60fc
  9. How to create a Folder Tree in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 News
    How to create a Folder Tree in Windows 10?: Taking a leap back, the early computer designers comprehended that lumping together several files on your computer systems would create massive junk and make it impossible to find anything. Hence ‘Directory’ on Windows systems was created. Directory, directory system,...
  10. Windows dir name

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows dir name: My computer will not start. My probing has revealed that Windows is "gone" Where it's supposed to be is a dir called"$WINDOWS.·-BT" I can't get the squiggly line to type. 1.what is the correct name of the Windows 10 directory? 2. How do I change it in the CMD prompt?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. could not create work tree dir windows

2. could not create work tree dir error during odm installation