Windows 10: Getting error message from SFC for a corrupt file in Powershell 1.0 directory, but...

Discus and support Getting error message from SFC for a corrupt file in Powershell 1.0 directory, but... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been having some performance issues lately on a Windows 10 Pro PC and I had run SFC on the OS drive. Its log files turned up a number of files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ken 64, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Ken 64 Win User

Getting error message from SFC for a corrupt file in Powershell 1.0 directory, but...

I have been having some performance issues lately on a Windows 10 Pro PC and I had run SFC on the OS drive. Its log files turned up a number of files in windows\system32\windowspowershell\1.0 directory that it said were corrupt but could not be repaired. When I look at the appwiz.cpl wizard I confirmed that the version of powershell that is running on the system is v2.0.

Note: I am on the slow update cycle for the Insiders Preview. Currently working with build number: 10.0.18362

Question: Is this something to worry about?

Follow-up question: if so, what needs to be done?

:)

Ken 64, Jul 22, 2019

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Jul 22, 2019
  3. sbaker51 Win User
    sfc scannow Error-OverlapGetting error message from SFC for a corrupt file in Powershell 1.0 directory, but... :Duplicate ownership for directory

Win 10 Pro (64 bit) on Intel DP-43TF motherboard on an Q9650 core2 quad at 3GHz with 8GB memory.
    sfc /scannow fails at 66% completion with multiple "Error - Overlap: Duplicate ownership for directory" errors with different directories being listed.
    What needs to be done to resolve this issue to fix the issue?

I cannot upload the CBS.log file - the error is "Your file of 9.03 MB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 2.00 MB for this filetype."

Any suggestions?

sbaker51, Jul 22, 2019
  4. Getting error message from SFC for a corrupt file in Powershell 1.0 directory, but...

Start menu disappears after a few seconds on Windows 10

1. I do not get any error message when accessing the start menu

2. Yes, I had to troubleshoot my gpu after upgrading to windows 10, and had to upgrade the BIOS.

I tried the steps you suggested.

• dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Received Error 1392. "The file or directory is corrupt and unreadable."

This step created a log, but I do not know how to add that to this reply.
    • sfc /scannow

Stops at 5% complete. "Windows Resource Protection cannot perform the requested operation"
    • powershell

The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable
    • Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

nothing outputs in the cmd line.

tim.karis1, Jul 22, 2019
Thema:

Getting error message from SFC for a corrupt file in Powershell 1.0 directory, but...

1. Getting error message from SFC for a corrupt file in Powershell 1.0 directory, but... - Similar Threads - Getting error message

2. Corrupted system files from sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted system files from sfc /scannow: this is from the CBS log file.Warning: Overlap: Directory \??\C:\Program Files x86\ is owned twice or has its security set twice Original owner: Microsoft-Windows-shell32, version 10.0.19041.3570, arch Host= amd64 Guest= x86, nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35} New owner:...
  3. Corrupted system files from sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupted system files from sfc /scannow: this is from the CBS log file.Warning: Overlap: Directory \??\C:\Program Files x86\ is owned twice or has its security set twice Original owner: Microsoft-Windows-shell32, version 10.0.19041.3570, arch Host= amd64 Guest= x86, nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35} New owner:...
  4. Corrupted system files from sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Corrupted system files from sfc /scannow

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Corrupted system files from sfc /scannow: Hi there, I'm having a serious trouble here. sfc /scannow finds corrupted files and I was infected by a trojan Ymacco and !BOB in system32. I can't update with windows update and troubleshoot reports waasmedic, is postback false and pending updates. I can't own local disk C:,...
  6. Corrupted system files from sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted system files from sfc /scannow: Hi there, I'm having a serious trouble here. sfc /scannow finds corrupted files and I was infected by a trojan Ymacco and !BOB in system32. I can't update with windows update and troubleshoot reports waasmedic, is postback false and pending updates. I can't own local disk C:,...
  7. Corrupted system files from sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. BSOD w/ multiple error messages; corrupt files can't be fixed by SFC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD w/ multiple error messages; corrupt files can't be fixed by SFC: Hi everyone, I keep getting blue screens randomly with different messages, including KERNEL_INPAGE_ERROR, CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, and more. It doesn't seem to be associated with any particular app or thing that I do. This morning, I woke up to find that is BSODed in the...
  9. SFC won't repair corrupt files - Error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC won't repair corrupt files - Error: Each time I run SFC /scannow, I get an error message stating C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow Beginning system scan. This process will take some time. Beginning verification phase of system scan. Verification 21% complete. Windows Resource Protection could not...
  10. SFC Corrupt Files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC Corrupt Files: Windows search doesn't work. I ran SFC /scannow and there is corrupt files, the log is attached. 23170