Windows 10: Getting error status 0x000012f when I try to reset windows 10. Help!

Discus and support Getting error status 0x000012f when I try to reset windows 10. Help! in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So, my computer randomly started to do this. I have been looking up ways to fix this problem and even when I try to run as administrator to run scans... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by dons2234, Nov 2, 2015.

1. dons2234 Win User

Getting error status 0x000012f when I try to reset windows 10. Help!

So, my computer randomly started to do this. I have been looking up ways to fix this problem and even when I try to run as administrator to run scans it brings up an error as well. It's like I can't do anything and it's very, very frustrating because I don't know what to do! All my programs seem to open fine except one, and it says "The specified procedure could not be found". Also, when I go to my control panel it's blank and it won't close unless I restart my computer. On top of that when I go to my task manager the same "error status 0xc000012f" is popping up which also pops up when I go to the reset option for windows 10 because I was going to reset it and hopefully fix this problem but it won't even let me do that! Please help if anyone can! Thank you!

:)

dons2234, Nov 2, 2015

2. Getting error status "0x000012f" when I try to reset windows 10. PLEASE HELP!

I am getting the error status "0x000012f" when I try to reset windows 10 and when I open certain programs I get an error saying "The specified procedure could not be found". My computer was fine and all of a sudden my mouse was acting weird so I shut down
    my computer then turned it back on and now all this is happening. I was trying to uninstall the updates to see if that would fix it, but when I do I get an error as well. It's like I can't do anything and it's irritating me like crazy. Please help!!!

dashingthroughthesnow22, Nov 2, 2015
  3. Getting error status "0x000012f" when I try to reset windows 10. PLEASE HELP!

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. We will assist you in resolving your issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions related to the query:

• Are you able to get to the Windows sign in page?
    • Did you check if you are facing similar when you boot the PC in Safe Mode?

Because updates can enhance the security of your computer, it's best not to remove or uninstall an update unless you're certain that it is causing a problem.

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box next to
      Start
      button and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View all from left side panel of the screen.
    • Select Hardware and Devices, click on
      Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions.

Method 2: Safe Mode and Clean Boot

Step 1: If the issue persist, boot your PC in Safe mode by following the steps from the link below and check if you are facing similar issue.

Safe mode is a diagnostic mode that starts your computer with limited drivers necessary to run Windows. The words
    Safe Mode appear at the corners of your monitor to identify which Windows mode you are using.

Expand the options to boot into Safe Mode:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

To exit from Safe mode follow the steps below:

• Open Run command by pressing Windows key + R
      on the keyboard and type msconfig in the command box.
    • Under Boot tab uncheck the Safe boot
      option.
    • Reboot the system and check if the changes are effective.

To know more about Safe mode, following is an article on
    Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode)
    (Applies to Windows 10 also):

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-safe-mode

Step 2: If the issue does not persist in Safe mode, perform
    Clean boot by following the steps from the link below and check if the issue is resolved.

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

Following is a link to perform a Clean Boot:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: Start the computer in normal mode refer the section,
    How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    from the link above.

Refer to the Link below on Error Message:

Error Message:

Hope this helps!

Get back to us with the answers to the above questions to assist you further on this query. Your reply is most important for us to ensure that we assist you accordingly.

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 2, 2015
  4. Getting error status 0x000012f when I try to reset windows 10. Help!

Did you modified Win Ten since you came in or removed or installed something recently? The error is linked to invalid registry entries.

We don't know nothing about your machine? Are you on Win 7 or 8.x upgrade? Reset Win Ten means that your welling to clean install Win 10240 Pro or Home? Did you backup?

Are you able to reach Command Prompt Admin in Cortana or in start menu???
    Cortana/All Apps/Windows System/Command Prompt/Right click: Run as Administrator
    If yes, please enter this terminal command:

Code: sfc /scannow[/quote] Otherwise, only one question remain and it's the first one?

MikeMecanic, Nov 4, 2015
Thema:

Getting error status 0x000012f when I try to reset windows 10. Help!

1. Getting error status 0x000012f when I try to reset windows 10. Help! - Similar Threads - Getting error status

2. Error status 0xc0000020 when I try to reset my Windows 10 Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error status 0xc0000020 when I try to reset my Windows 10 Laptop: My laptop has been very buggy lately, so I decided to try to reset it. However, when I click on the "Get started" button, a text box pops up saying: C:\WINDOWS\system32\WDSCORE.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program...
  3. Error status 0xc0000020 when I try to reset my Windows 10 Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error status 0xc0000020 when I try to reset my Windows 10 Laptop: My laptop has been very buggy lately, so I decided to try to reset it. However, when I click on the "Get started" button, a text box pops up saying: C:\WINDOWS\system32\WDSCORE.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program...
  4. Error status 0xc0000020 when I try to reset my Windows 10 Laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I keep getting an error status 0x000012F

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting an error status 0x000012F: C:\WINDOWS/SYSTEM32\WUPS.DLL IS EITHER NOT DESIGNED TO RUN ON WINDOWS OR IT CONTAINS AN ERROR. TRY INSTALLING THE PROGRAM AGAIN USING THE ORIGINAL INSTALLATION MEDIA OR CONTACT YOUR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR OR THE SOFTWARE VENDOR FOR SUPPORT. ERROR STATUS 0x000012FI've spent a...
  6. I keep getting an error status 0x000012F

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I keep getting an error status 0x000012F: C:\WINDOWS/SYSTEM32\WUPS.DLL IS EITHER NOT DESIGNED TO RUN ON WINDOWS OR IT CONTAINS AN ERROR. TRY INSTALLING THE PROGRAM AGAIN USING THE ORIGINAL INSTALLATION MEDIA OR CONTACT YOUR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR OR THE SOFTWARE VENDOR FOR SUPPORT. ERROR STATUS 0x000012FI've spent a...
  7. I keep getting an error status 0x000012F

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Error 0x000012f

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error 0x000012f: When using my computer I get a message saying C: /WINDOW/SYSTEM232/msi.dll NB the forward slashes shown are actually backward slashes which I can't do contains an error.... and gives the error status shown above. The computer then locks. I have no idea what this means...
  9. Error message : wbemprox.dil. Error status 0x000012f.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error message : wbemprox.dil. Error status 0x000012f.: Nothing will open. No internet. Please help! Error message : wbemprox.dil. Error status 0x000012f. am unable to do anything. Start menu will not open am unable to do anything. Nothing will....
  10. Getting error status 0x000012f.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Getting error status 0x000012f.: So, my computer randomly started to do this. I have been looking up ways to fix this problem and even when I try to run as administrator to run scans it brings up an error as well. It's like I can't do anything and it's very, very frustrating because I don't know what to do!...
Tags: