Windows 10: Getting Error when installing .net framework 3.5

Discus and support Getting Error when installing .net framework 3.5 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I tried downloading .net framework 3.5 on my windows 10 machine I keep getting Error 0x80072F8F. I saw that it could of been caused by invalid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Gael Sarmiento, May 24, 2023.

1. Getting Error when installing .net framework 3.5

When I tried downloading .net framework 3.5 on my windows 10 machine I keep getting Error 0x80072F8F. I saw that it could of been caused by invalid date and time so I check it and it was configured correctly.

:)

Gael Sarmiento, May 24, 2023
  2. das10 Win User

Unable to download any framework for .net - (error code 0x80070002)

OK, the Windows 10 Feature installation method should have been straightforward, but since that errored out as well, something else seems to be going on with your Windows, so wait for somebody with more experience to suggest a way out.

In the mean time, if you haven't already, you could give muchomurka's suggestion a go as well with the elevated prompt and an install media to see if it works. The following link shows the detailed steps involved.

Offline install of .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows 10 using DISM

das10, May 24, 2023
  3. .NET Framework 3.5 installation error: 0x800736B3

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to check whether the .NET Framework 3.5 has been installed or not.

• Press Windows+X and then select programs and features.
    • On the left hand side click on the option “turn windows features on or off”.
    • Check whether the “.NET Framework 3.5” has been checked or not.
    • If not check then I suggest you to check it and then install it.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 24, 2023
  4. Aparody Win User

Getting Error when installing .net framework 3.5

Install .NET 3.5 Framework on Windows 10

Is it even possible, the help for this is of no use.

.NET Framework 3.5 installation errors - Windows Client

This is the bit thats applicable to me.

To fix the error codes for Windows 10, follow these steps:

1. Download the Windows Media Creation tool, and create an ISO image locally, or create an image for the version of Windows that you have installed.
    2. Configure the Group Policy as in Method 2, but also follow these steps:
      1. Mount the ISO image that's created in step 1.
      2. Point the "Alternate source file path" to the ISO sources\sxs folder from the ISO.
      3. Run the gpupdate /force command.
      4. Add the .Net framework feature.

Method 2 isn't mentioned anywhere.

Further more if i download the framework installer and run the dotnetfx35setup.exe file i get a window that says it requires the framework its trying to install, so its a loop that requires the framework to install the framework.

Next issue is that if i try to turn it on from Programs and Features in the control panel it throws me back to the initial error of not being able to install it which takes me back to the link above and method for fixing it which doesn't include the information
    for Method 2.

I'm starting to think MS are purposely making it uninstallable at this point.

Any help would be much apreciated.

Aparody, May 24, 2023
Thema:

Getting Error when installing .net framework 3.5

1. Getting Error when installing .net framework 3.5 - Similar Threads - Getting Error installing

2. Error when trying to install .NET Framework 3.5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error when trying to install .NET Framework 3.5: A few days ago, I noticed I couldn't run some applications because of .NET Framework 3.5 not being installed on my system.I downloaded the installer from https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=21 but when I tried to run the installer,It said this:I tried...
  3. Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5

Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5: Windows couldn't complete the requested changes.Windows couldn't find the files to complete the requested changes. Make sure you are connected to internet, and try again.Error code: 0x80070490I was trying to enable .net framework 3.5 and it bombs with the above error...
  4. Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5: Windows couldn't complete the requested changes.Windows couldn't find the files to complete the requested changes. Make sure you are connected to internet, and try again.Error code: 0x80070490I was trying to enable .net framework 3.5 and it bombs with the above error...
  5. Getting Error when installing .net framework 3.5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting Error when installing .net framework 3.5: When I tried downloading .net framework 3.5 on my windows 10 machine I keep getting Error 0x80072F8F. I saw that it could of been caused by invalid date and time so I check it and it was configured correctly....
  6. Getting Error when installing .net framework 3.5

Getting Error when installing .net framework 3.5: When I tried downloading .net framework 3.5 on my windows 10 machine I keep getting Error 0x80072F8F. I saw that it could of been caused by invalid date and time so I check it and it was configured correctly....
  7. .NET Framework installation error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .NET Framework installation error: I just first opened my Windows 7, installed an app called "SafeInCloud", and when I try to open it, it says that I need .NET Framework 4.6.2, here is a screenshot:So I clicked "yes", installed the .NET Framework installer, opened it, and it says ".NET Framework 4.8 has not...
  8. .NET Framework installation error

.NET Framework installation error: I just first opened my Windows 7, installed an app called "SafeInCloud", and when I try to open it, it says that I need .NET Framework 4.6.2, here is a screenshot:So I clicked "yes", installed the .NET Framework installer, opened it, and it says ".NET Framework 4.8 has not...
  9. Error 0x0800736b3 when installing .net framework 3.5

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error 0x0800736b3 when installing .net framework 3.5: Hello everyone how are you doing? So I got the cumulative update KB5001028 for windows 10. Tried installing it but got error 0x800f081f, which I read is caused by a faulty .net framework 3.5 installation. I tried downloading both online and offline installed from microsoft...
  10. .Net Framework Install Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    .Net Framework Install Error: When I install .Net Framework 3.5, it is failed with "error code 0x800f0954". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/net-framework-install-error/58acab15-c5dd-4ab5-a6db-2e89d362c931