Windows 10: Getting error while creating a bootable USB drive using Rufus. Please help.

Discus and support Getting error while creating a bootable USB drive using Rufus. Please help. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I downloaded the latest available windows 10 iso file using the media creation tool. > Plugged the 32gb drive> Opened Rufus in Admin mode > selected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/suman_issei, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Getting error while creating a bootable USB drive using Rufus. Please help.

I downloaded the latest available windows 10 iso file using the media creation tool. > Plugged the 32gb drive> Opened Rufus in Admin mode > selected the iso and everything > after a few seconds I'm getting either 1. error: device is already in use by another process or 2. error: iso image extraction failure.

Tried to find solutions on YouTube, none of those were helpful. Please help me out. Is there any other way to create a usb bootable drive?

submitted by /u/suman_issei
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/suman_issei, Mar 16, 2021
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Mar 16, 2021
  3. Bill Smithers, Mar 16, 2021
  4. Chewy Win User

Getting error while creating a bootable USB drive using Rufus. Please help.

Ipod bootable drive?

I want to know if I can make my ipod a usb bootable drive.. will it mess up my ipod? I need to flash my video card back to normal.. Neros bootable cd gave me an error. I used a step by step guide, but thats another story.

Chewy, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

Getting error while creating a bootable USB drive using Rufus. Please help.

1. Getting error while creating a bootable USB drive using Rufus. Please help. - Similar Threads - Getting error while

2. Laptop local drive not seen when using ISO bootable USB created with Rufus, but local drive...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop local drive not seen when using ISO bootable USB created with Rufus, but local drive...: I have several laptops & desktops along with volume licensing.On the desktops, my bootable win 10/win11 iso works just fine created with Rufus, I can boot to the USB and install windows on the local drive, no issues. When I use that same USB on several variations of laptops...
  3. Laptop local drive not seen when using ISO bootable USB created with Rufus, but local drive...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop local drive not seen when using ISO bootable USB created with Rufus, but local drive...: I have several laptops & desktops along with volume licensing.On the desktops, my bootable win 10/win11 iso works just fine created with Rufus, I can boot to the USB and install windows on the local drive, no issues. When I use that same USB on several variations of laptops...
  4. Laptop local drive not seen when using ISO bootable USB created with Rufus, but local drive...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Using Rufus to create installation USB

Using Rufus to create installation USB: Hi all, I've been having ridiculous amounts of trouble getting the Media Install tool (whatever its called) from Microsoft to create an USB Installer for windows - I'm done with it, don't want to use it. I've heard there's a program called Rufus, from here: https://rufus.ie...
  6. New - Rufus v2.0.639 - Create bootable USB drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New - Rufus v2.0.639 - Create bootable USB drives: Version 2.0 (2015.03.03) Major UI improvements (improved font, new info field, no separate progress dialog, etc.) Add support for Windows To Go (when Rufus is running on Windows 8 or later) Add support for Grub4DOS and GRUB 2 based images (e.g. FreeNAS) Add portable...
  7. Testing a Win10 Bootable USB media created with Rufus?

Testing a Win10 Bootable USB media created with Rufus?: I had downloaded the latest Media Creation Tool which is the Windows 10 AU update and downloaded the ISO file. Then, I used Rufus to create a bootable USB flash drive whenever I need to perform a clean re-install of Windows 10 AU. I do not want to install the AU update...
  8. Help in creating Windows 10 Bootable USB /Rufus

Help in creating Windows 10 Bootable USB /Rufus: Hi All, I downloaded Windows 10 via MediaCreation tool and selected Pro x86 and x64 ("Both"). After the download was completed an ISO was created. Then i though of using Rufus but it is giving me error "iso image extraction failure". I used winzip to extract files and see...
  9. Question about using Rufus to create a Bootable USB flash drive

Question about using Rufus to create a Bootable USB flash drive: Hi all, Having had a problem using the Media Creation Tool to create a bootable Windows 10 USB flash drive Ive decided to use the Media Creation Tool to download the Windows 10 ISO and then use Rufus to create the bootable USB flash drive. After downloading Rufus onto my...
  10. Need help creating a bootable USB drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help creating a bootable USB drive: Hello all, Here's what I'm trying to do. I want to wipe my C drive and start over with the latest edition of Windows 10 from an ISO disc downloaded from Microsoft. I want to use another program to wipe the partition rather than use the Windows reset function to do it. It's...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rufus flashing failed please enter disk

2. rufus error while making usb bootable