Windows 10: Getting Errors in Windows 10 with one of my backup pairs using Synctoy 2.1

Discus and support Getting Errors in Windows 10 with one of my backup pairs using Synctoy 2.1 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; If I execute the pairs manually I get no errors and they all run successfully, but if I run them using Task Scheduler, one of the pairs errors stating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gypsyman58, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Getting Errors in Windows 10 with one of my backup pairs using Synctoy 2.1

If I execute the pairs manually I get no errors and they all run successfully, but if I run them using Task Scheduler, one of the pairs errors stating that "SyncToyCmd has detected that the folder pair Picture Backup has not been synchronized yet. Please run SyncToy.exe to complete the initial synchronization." I have run this pair multiple times manually and I even attempted to set it up as a single task instead of running the -R mode for running all pairs. I am not sure what the problem is, but I sure wish it was fixed. I love this app and I love scheduling it to run by itself each day.

:)

gypsyman58, Dec 21, 2018
  2. Phone Man Win User

Batchfile to automatically backup a folder

I use SyncToy from MS to backup my folders. It has two option to auto run folder backups.

It can use the cmd prompt or add the cmd prompt to the Windows Scheduler. The HELP menu in SyncToy has all the information but here is a quick quote.

Hope this helps.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Dec 21, 2018
  3. lewisjz Win User
    SyncToy backup failures on Windows 10 computer

Old title: SyncToy backup failures

Whenever I back up my files using SyncToy 2.1 in Windows 10, I get around 1,000 file backup failures, all in 'New' and 'Overwrite' actions. The error messages say that the files cannot be found, were amended during synchronization, or other obscure reasons.
    Why does this happen and how can the failed files be made to back up?

lewisjz, Dec 21, 2018
  4. Getting Errors in Windows 10 with one of my backup pairs using Synctoy 2.1

Synctoy

Hi Kevin,

Let's determine the cause of the issue. Kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Are you using a 32bit or 64bit system? On the Start menu, type System, and then hit Enter.
    • Are you getting any error messages before the SyncToy application hangs?
    • Has the SyncToy application in Windows 10 ever worked before?
    We look forward to your response.

Monica Cam, Dec 21, 2018
Thema:

Getting Errors in Windows 10 with one of my backup pairs using Synctoy 2.1

1. Getting Errors in Windows 10 with one of my backup pairs using Synctoy 2.1 - Similar Threads - Getting Errors backup

2. Pairing BluetoothMouse3600 with my SurfaceBook 2 in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pairing BluetoothMouse3600 with my SurfaceBook 2 in Windows 10: I am not able to pair my BlueToothMouse3600 with my Surface Book 2. Please help. I have gone to Settings/Bluetooth and other devices/ensured that Bluetooth is toggled to enabled, pressed the power button on my mouse till blinking, found my mouse listed under Add a device and...
  3. Pairing BluetoothMouse3600 with my SurfaceBook 2 in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pairing BluetoothMouse3600 with my SurfaceBook 2 in Windows 10: I am not able to pair my BlueToothMouse3600 with my Surface Book 2. Please help. I have gone to Settings/Bluetooth and other devices/ensured that Bluetooth is toggled to enabled, pressed the power button on my mouse till blinking, found my mouse listed under Add a device and...
  4. Pairing BluetoothMouse3600 with my SurfaceBook 2 in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Failed to create folder pair in SyncToy...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed to create folder pair in SyncToy...: I'm having problems with SyncToy and a WesternDigital MyBookLive.Soarce: D:\My documentsTarget: \\Mybooklive\documents\My documentsI get this error message:"Failed to create folder pair. Failed to create the provider."I don't understand why it is doing this.Both folders exist...
  6. Failed to create folder pair in SyncToy...

Failed to create folder pair in SyncToy...: I'm having problems with SyncToy and a WesternDigital MyBookLive.Soarce: D:\My documentsTarget: \\Mybooklive\documents\My documentsI get this error message:"Failed to create folder pair. Failed to create the provider."I don't understand why it is doing this.Both folders exist...
  7. SyncToy 2.1 Windows 10

SyncToy 2.1 Windows 10: Mine seems to grossly not work. In theory once you do a sync, sync should work both ways. I COPIED a large folder where all my working documents are kept, to an external drive for backup purposes. When I went to use Synctoy from original to copy, Synctoy wanted to delete...
  8. Creating a pair in SyncToy that includes a NAS (network accessible storage)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating a pair in SyncToy that includes a NAS (network accessible storage): Prior to my laptop moving from win 7 to Win 10, I had no problem creating a SyncToy pair consisting of a NAS (a WD My Cloud) and an external HDD. Now when I attempt to create a pair, and thus browse the list of folders, the NAS is not visible in the list. The current version...
  9. SyncToy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SyncToy: why is it not working on Windows 10 PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/synctoy/f806d2ba-05fa-4d61-a200-bdcec8c97551
  10. One backup to restore on 2 computers

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    One backup to restore on 2 computers: Duplicate SIDs can be a pain in an Enterprise environment. This is Microsoft's stated policy on 'cloned' PC images. Cloning or duplicating an installation without taking the recommended steps could lead to duplicate SIDs. For removable media, a duplicate SID might give...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. using hdd in synctoy has errors

2. synctoycmd has detected that the folder pair