Windows 10: Getting familiar with the Win 10 GUI before upgrading from 7

Discus and support Getting familiar with the Win 10 GUI before upgrading from 7 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello all. I'm preparing for the upgrade, and would like to get familiar with the Win 10 GUI before upgrading. Can anyone recommend a place to learn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by I give, Dec 30, 2019.

1. I give Win User

Getting familiar with the Win 10 GUI before upgrading from 7

Hello all. I'm preparing for the upgrade, and would like to get familiar with the Win 10 GUI before upgrading. Can anyone recommend a place to learn the basics? Thanks.

:)

I give, Dec 30, 2019
  2. I give Win User

Hello all. I'm preparing for the upgrade, and would like to get familiar with the Win 10 GUI before upgrading. Can anyone recommend a place to learn the basics? Thanks.

I give, Jan 6, 2020
  3. Steve C Win User

I recommend installing Open Shell or Classic Shell which you can configure to resemble the Win 7 menu. Set mouse hover to use Classic Shell and left click to open the Win 10 Start Menu then you have direct access to either menu.

Steve C, Jan 6, 2020
  4. AK6DN Win User

Install OpenShell (new name for ClassicShell) from Open Shell 4.4.142 Download - TechSpot
    and you can make Win10 look and feel like you are using Win7.

AK6DN, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Getting familiar with the Win 10 GUI before upgrading from 7 - Similar Threads - Getting familiar GUI

2. Upgrading from Win 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading from Win 7: Hello. I am trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 or 11. I get to the download tool and when I try to open it, I get an error code. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-from-win-7/33a030e5-ec18-4d25-8168-f0f73e62b8e3
  3. Upgrading from Win 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading from Win 7: Hello. I am trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 or 11. I get to the download tool and when I try to open it, I get an error code. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-from-win-7/33a030e5-ec18-4d25-8168-f0f73e62b8e3
  4. Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10: Hello.Few days ago i make upgrade to Windows 10 on my computer with Windows 7 PRO licence. I know that the free upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 is not free any more. If i check Activation status it is Activeted with digital licence. Is this legal?...
  5. Upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10: If I upgrade my operating system to Win 10 , must I redownload and reinstall all the games that I have on my PC ( around 12 Terabytes ) ? or there is a workaround to avoid that ( so that I can play them in Win 10 without the hassle ) ? Most of the games are on ( steam ,...
  6. upgrade to win 10 from 7

upgrade to win 10 from 7: I upgraded briefly about 2 years ago from 7 to 10 and then within an hour went back to win 7. Since that time my "setup backup " and thus backup would not complete.. a couple of days ago after some digging i was getting error code ox80041321 for which after trying a couple...
  7. upgrade from win 7 to 10

upgrade from win 7 to 10: I have an existing desktop computer running with windows 7. I purchased a new windows 10 dvd. My windows 7 is win 10 compatible. All the help ie videos etc seem to be based on using the windows "media creation tool" and not the official Microsoft dvd. If anyone can guide me...
  8. Win 7 Virtualization before Win 10 upgrade

Win 7 Virtualization before Win 10 upgrade: I have a weird situation. We are accountants whose database is MS Access 2003 that runs under Win 7. To secure my clients' data we are upgrading to Win 10 for security's sake. There is a possibility that Access 2003 won't work in Win 10 even in compatibility mode (if that's...
  9. Upgraded from Win 7

Upgraded from Win 7: I upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7 via the free upgrade a few years ago. Do I need to keep my original Win 7 installation disks & Product key? 131586
  10. Win 7 from scratch before Win10 upgrade?

Win 7 from scratch before Win10 upgrade?: Been a long time 5+ years since I reloaded windows. Is it better to reload it and go to Win10 or Just go to Win 10 and hope for the best.... Only problem is the browsers are running a little slow and have to be restarted Gary 45754