Windows 10: Getting file system error -2144927436 on launching photos, start/cortana/time/search wont open

Discus and support Getting file system error -2144927436 on launching photos, start/cortana/time/search wont open in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So im using Windows 10. I try to open an image, and it throws file system errors when i do.May someone please help me?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Amialio, Jul 6, 2021.

1. Amialio Win User

Getting file system error -2144927436 on launching photos, start/cortana/time/search wont open

So im using Windows 10. I try to open an image, and it throws file system errors when i do.May someone please help me?

:)

Amialio, Jul 6, 2021
  2. Altidias Win User

Get Started app wont launch

Their is no error message in opens for like half a second then closes, and the Option Windows Store Apps is not there

Thanks

Altidias, Jul 6, 2021
  3. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jul 6, 2021
  4. Getting file system error -2144927436 on launching photos, start/cortana/time/search wont open

Get Started app wont launch

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what is the error message you get when the app is launched.

Suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 6, 2021
Thema:

Getting file system error -2144927436 on launching photos, start/cortana/time/search wont open

1. Getting file system error -2144927436 on launching photos, start/cortana/time/search wont open - Similar Threads - Getting file system

2. file system error code -2144927436

in Windows 10 Customization
    file system error code -2144927436: Window icons show on the screen but are not available. The settings is not available. When I click on hp support assistant, file system error code -2144927436 pops up. I am asking from my Fire tablet. Thank you....
  3. file system error code -2144927436

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file system error code -2144927436: Window icons show on the screen but are not available. The settings is not available. When I click on hp support assistant, file system error code -2144927436 pops up. I am asking from my Fire tablet. Thank you....
  4. file system error code -2144927436

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Error Code -2144927436

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error Code -2144927436: I need to know how to solve this issue as my laptop has practically become an expensive paperweight due to this error. I have tried uninstalling updates. At some point I get stuck on "update failed to uninstall" and I can no longer do anything. The Settings app is completely...
  6. Windows 10 File Explorer keeps crashing, Start Menu won't open, File system error -2144927436

Windows 10 File Explorer keeps crashing, Start Menu won't open, File system error -2144927436: My laptop went for a Windows 10 update after I restarted, but now it has a lot of problems; I can't seem to open the start menu or use the search bar nothing opens when I click, when I go to certain folders in my File Explorer e.g: Downloads, it crashes immediately. I can't...
  7. Unable to open Photo files - File System Error -2147219196

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to open Photo files - File System Error -2147219196: Receiving this error when trying to open .jpg photos: Unable to open Photo files - File System Error -2147219196 I have tried repairing and resetting the application. Anyone experienced this and if so is there a permanent solution?...
  8. Surface Pro 4 reset. Now start menu, edge, cortana, system, etc.. wont launch.

Surface Pro 4 reset. Now start menu, edge, cortana, system, etc.. wont launch.: Hello everyone, I have seen this issue a lot, but so far none of the solutions posted have worked. The surface is literally straight off a reset where everything should have been erased. It was working just fine before the reset too. Things I've tried: -restart windows...
  9. unable to open photos error: File system error (-2147219196)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to open photos error: File system error (-2147219196): unable to open photos error: File system error (-2147219196) please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-photos-error-file-system-error/87f52c73-d4dc-43dc-aa68-8b57ca9e3772"
  10. Wouldnt open photos; file system error (-2147219196)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wouldnt open photos; file system error (-2147219196): Please I need help my computer wouldn't open pictures via mircosoft photos and i can't figure out what to do to get it to work...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Win 10 error - 2144927436 on photos