Windows 10: Getting files from a previous OneDrive

Discus and support Getting files from a previous OneDrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My old laptop froze up a few weeks ago and I have tried to reactivate it with no luck. But I really only need the OneDrive files that I had with this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JDozorec, May 2, 2019.

1. JDozorec Win User

Getting files from a previous OneDrive

My old laptop froze up a few weeks ago and I have tried to reactivate it with no luck. But I really only need the OneDrive files that I had with this old laptop. I don't know how to access the old OneDrive files in my new OneDrive with my new laptop. Can anyone help?

:)

JDozorec, May 2, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, May 2, 2019
  3. Onedrive

Hi Hiatt,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to refer the article Find
    lost or missing files in OneDrive
    for more information regarding the missing files.

If the issue still persists please follow the steps to contact
    OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue.

1. Login to OneDrive.com.
    2. Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    3. Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, May 2, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to find photographs in OneDrive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to see the Photographs that are uploaded in OneDrive. I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if you are able to find the files:

1. Login to
      https://onedirve.live.com
      with your Microsoft account.
    2. Check for the folders or files that are uploaded.

If you are unable to find the photographs, I suggest you to get in touch with the OneDrive support team.

Sign in to OneDrive.com from any browser, click the ‘?’ help icon on the top banner of the page and select
    Email OneDrive support. Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Getting files from a previous OneDrive - Similar Threads - Getting files previous

2. How do I get to a previous version of the file that was on Onedrive? After it synced the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I get to a previous version of the file that was on Onedrive? After it synced the...: I was unaware that onedrive file was the source file. It's a newish laptop that I wasn't using previously. So, when I was trying to establish my hard drive as the source of a file. The program in question while opening rewrote the file. Then Onedrive uploaded/downloaded it...
  3. How do I get to a previous version of the file that was on Onedrive? After it synced the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get to a previous version of the file that was on Onedrive? After it synced the...: I was unaware that onedrive file was the source file. It's a newish laptop that I wasn't using previously. So, when I was trying to establish my hard drive as the source of a file. The program in question while opening rewrote the file. Then Onedrive uploaded/downloaded it...
  4. How do I get to a previous version of the file that was on Onedrive? After it synced the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Files copied from previous OneDrive cannot be opened

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files copied from previous OneDrive cannot be opened: The contents of a OneDrive folder were copied from an older computer to the local drive of a new computer. The files are there, not shortcuts, and have various file sizes like they should but the icon has a grey x in the bottom left of the file icon and when the file is...
  6. Files copied from previous OneDrive cannot be opened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files copied from previous OneDrive cannot be opened: The contents of a OneDrive folder were copied from an older computer to the local drive of a new computer. The files are there, not shortcuts, and have various file sizes like they should but the icon has a grey x in the bottom left of the file icon and when the file is...
  7. Files copied from previous OneDrive cannot be opened

8. How to get my files back from OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get my files back from OneDrive?: Hello Microsoft community.OneDrive is a nightmare. I turned it on just to transfer a few files from my school, and it automatically chose to backup all my files.This must be changed immediately. Now I can't get my files back. Things I have tried.Choosing Always Keep on this...
  9. How to get my files back from OneDrive?

How to get my files back from OneDrive?: Hello Microsoft community.OneDrive is a nightmare. I turned it on just to transfer a few files from my school, and it automatically chose to backup all my files.This must be changed immediately. Now I can't get my files back. Things I have tried.Choosing Always Keep on this...
  10. Get File History to recognize previous backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Get File History to recognize previous backup: I had my files stored in File History on a network drive. I have verified that they're all there. But when I go to restore them, File History can't seem to find them. They're in a folder name/computer name/Data/C/Users/username/everything... However, when I go to File...