Windows 10: Getting folder to open in "LIST" view automatically !

Discus and support Getting folder to open in "LIST" view automatically ! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a shortcut on my desktop to "APPS" ( every app on my computers) so that I do not have to go to the START screen. I want it to always open in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Starrider888, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Getting folder to open in "LIST" view automatically !

I have a shortcut on my desktop to "APPS" ( every app on my computers) so that I do not have to go to the START screen. I want it to always open in the "list" view but it defaults to icons. I have tried opening as administrator, looking in "Files and Folders " for a solution etc. but nothing works. Same on Win 10 Home and on Pro (different computers) so it is not unique to either and both are 1903 always kept up to date. Any solution ?

:)

Starrider888, Nov 3, 2019

2. How to make list view default for all folders?

Brink is correct
    I'm guessing that you find opening the Ribbon, selecting View then List is a pain, I wanted the same convenience as you but with Tiles view.
    I can only suggest a keyboard shortcut that will work as soon as you open the folder

CTRL + SHIFT + 1 Extra Large
    CTRL + SHIFT + 2 Large Icons
    CTRL + SHIFT + 3 Medium Icons
    CTRL + SHIFT + 4 Small Icons
    CTRL + SHIFT + 5 List
    CTRL + SHIFT + 6 Details
    CTRL + SHIFT + 7 Tiles
    CTRL + SHIFT + 8 Content

You can also open the Ribbon then View and right click on any view then select Add gallery to quick access toolbar This will save you having to open the Ribbon every time

FrillyBits, Nov 3, 2019
  3. Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, Nov 3, 2019
  4. TomStrong Win User

Getting folder to open in "LIST" view automatically !

View>list folder option doesn't stick to all folders

In a folder, when I do View>list and then in Options apply that to all folders, it often doesn't stick, i.e some sub folders under that folder show the details view. Any suggestions?

In fact it looks like all new folders are defaulting to details view.

TomStrong, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

Getting folder to open in "LIST" view automatically !

1. Getting folder to open in "LIST" view automatically ! - Similar Threads - Getting folder open

2. Windows 10 Automatically changes the view in folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Automatically changes the view in folders: Good day dear community,I have the Issue with Windows 10 Pro that sometimes I open up a folder and find that for whatever reason the View had been changed from "large icons" to "details". This issue had been since years and I would love for it to finally to stop doing it on...
  3. Is there a way to display folder icon as open folder set the view layout to list ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to display folder icon as open folder set the view layout to list ?: Whenever I change the view layout to list and detail the folder icon change to closed folder like this one Is there a way to always display the folder icon as open folder ? like this one Thank you in advanced....
  4. Is there a way to display folder icon as open folder set the view layout to list ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to display folder icon as open folder set the view layout to list ?: Whenever I change the view layout to list and detail the folder icon change to closed folder like this one Is there a way to always display the folder icon as open folder ? like this one Thank you in advanced....
  5. Is there a way to display folder icon as open folder set the view layout to list ?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Disabling Automatic Folder View Settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disabling Automatic Folder View Settings: I have tried all recommended ways of disabling this feature, which prevents user from setting each folder to the desired view so that Windows 10 can remember it upon closing folder or restarting system. This Includes all registry tweaks suggested. Nothing seems to work....
  7. windows 10 folder view list

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 folder view list: In windows 10 s it possible to list files in a folder something like this: filename.0000-1215.jpg rather than always listing all the individual files. I'm working with very large numbers of image files and it would be great to be able to just see the file name and the...
  8. default View LIST in search folder

default View LIST in search folder: how to default View LIST in search folder ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-view-list-in-search-folder/58d196f6-f2bd-4de9-ac02-b93cf7b63026
  9. Apply Folder View settings to all folders Automatically ?

Apply Folder View settings to all folders Automatically ?: Apply Folder View settings to all folders Automatically ? Windows 10 ; Folder view I have set to view dimensions of images for easy reference. I want all windows I open to display this information also . I tried the Apply to All folders , button, in View Options menu....
  10. View>list folder option doesn't stick to all folders

in Windows 10 Support
    View>list folder option doesn't stick to all folders: In a folder, when I do View>list and then in Options apply that to all folders, it often doesn't stick, i.e some sub folders under that folder show the details view. Any suggestions? In fact it looks like all new folders are defaulting to details view. 60991