Windows 10: Getting forced .NET 'Preview' Updates despite not being a Windows Insider

Discus and support Getting forced .NET 'Preview' Updates despite not being a Windows Insider in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 Pro for Workstations v2004. My Windows account is linked to my Microsoft account. This system isn't part of a corporate domain,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by qhaas, Sep 4, 2020.

1. qhaas Win User

Getting forced .NET 'Preview' Updates despite not being a Windows Insider

I am using Windows 10 Pro for Workstations v2004. My Windows account is linked to my Microsoft account. This system isn't part of a corporate domain, it is a standalone personal system. I have verified that I am not part of the Windows Insider Program using this site. The 'Windows Insider Program' pane mentioned there doesn't exist on my system.

Yet, I'm getting .NET 'Preview Updates' e.g. kb4570721 downloaded/installed that require reboots when I check for updates with Windows Update. However, the non .NET preview updates e.g. KB4571744 behave as expected and remain truly 'optional', requiring additional action before being downloaded/installed.

Are the .NET preview updates forced upon all users or has my machine somehow inadvertently signed up for non-production ready updates?

Thanks

:)

qhaas, Sep 4, 2020

2. Error when am updating to Windows 10 Insider Preview 17735.1000 (rs5_release)

Hi,

Am experiencing problems when doing update with Windows 10 Insider Preview 17735.1000 (rs5_release). I downloads and prompts for a restart but after that am the update does not go to 100%. it stops at 61% then restarts again. I check and my version of windows
    still remains the same.

I have tried the following steps but it did not work for me:

• I have done the troubleshooting step provided in the site by using wu170509.diagcab to fix it but it does not work.
    • I also tried doing the manual disabling of doing the net stop then renaming SoftwareDistribution but it still does not work
    • Also tried restarting my machine couple of times and redoing the update but nothing happens.
    What steps do you further recommended to get this sorted out?

Thanks,

Eligio Jose Manalo, Sep 4, 2020
  3. Uninstall Insider Preview?

To uninstall a preview and rollback to the final version of the Windows 10 May 2019 Update, use these steps:

Open Settings.

Click on Update & Security.

Click on Recovery.

Under the "Go back to the previous version of Windows 10" section, click the Get started button.

Select any reason from the list.

Click the Next button.

Click the No, thanks button.

Click the Next button.

Click the Next button again.

Click the Go back to earlier build button.

After completing the steps, your device will revert to the stable version of Windows 10, and then, you can use the steps below to stop getting Insider builds.

PeterFlynn4, Sep 4, 2020
  4. Getting forced .NET 'Preview' Updates despite not being a Windows Insider

Cant get out of Insider Preview Versions

Hi Alan,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you.

• Go to the following website Windows Insider Program
    • Sign In using the credentials that you used to sign up.
    • At the top of the page, click the Leave Program tab.
    • Confirm that you want to leave.
    Note: This will only remove your participation in the Insiders Program.

The Automatic Feedback can only be stopped by
    uninstalling the Windows 10 Technical Preview.

• Restart the machine.
    • Sign out from the Microsoft Account and sign in again and check if it persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

Getting forced .NET 'Preview' Updates despite not being a Windows Insider

1. Getting forced .NET 'Preview' Updates despite not being a Windows Insider - Similar Threads - Getting forced NET

2. Updates being forced uppon.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updates being forced uppon.: Is there way to pernamently turn off updates on both W10 and W11? The latest updates for W10 that were forced on me, completely f#cked the system, where not even YOUTUBE works properly on my secondary monitor, without the browser using HW acceleration whereas it was...
  3. Not a windows insider still getting previews

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not a windows insider still getting previews: I'm confused about what is going to be installed when you select "Get the latest updates as soon as they're available" checkbox.I'm not a windows insider, but I'm ok to install feature updates as soon as they become available but not beta versions!. So I selected that...
  4. Not a windows insider still getting previews

Not a windows insider still getting previews: I'm confused about what is going to be installed when you select "Get the latest updates as soon as they're available" checkbox.I'm not a windows insider, but I'm ok to install feature updates as soon as they become available but not beta versions!. So I selected that...
  5. Windows Update Offers Preview Updates despite not Participating Windows Insider

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Offers Preview Updates despite not Participating Windows Insider: First of all, I am not participating the Windows Insider program.However, Windows Update offers me preview builds of updates:What do I have to do, that such updates are no longer offered?...
  6. Windows Update Offers Preview Updates despite not Participating Windows Insider

Windows Update Offers Preview Updates despite not Participating Windows Insider: First of all, I am not participating the Windows Insider program.However, Windows Update offers me preview builds of updates:What do I have to do, that such updates are no longer offered?...
  7. Still getting insider previews

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Still getting insider previews: Used to be in the dev channel of the insider program. I've went through the steps of resetting my PC to stop receiving builds. Upon checking for updates, I've been given a update for windows 11 insider preview 22557.1 ni.release at this time. I've already opted out and my...
  8. Still getting insider previews

Still getting insider previews: Used to be in the dev channel of the insider program. I've went through the steps of resetting my PC to stop receiving builds. Upon checking for updates, I've been given a update for windows 11 insider preview 22557.1 ni.release at this time. I've already opted out and my...
  9. Insider preview updates copy.rs_prerelease_Wifi on on Insider Preview Evaluation Copy....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Insider preview updates copy.rs_prerelease_Wifi on on Insider Preview Evaluation Copy....: all, For insider preview evaluation copy.rs_prerelease_ Insider Preview Evaluation Copy. Build -200710-1419 I can see my WIfi but my computer will not connect and I am using the correct Wifi password. all other devices will connect to my wifi. What is the fix so that I can...
  10. RE: Windows Insider Preview Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    RE: Windows Insider Preview Update: Hello, I have Windows 10 Pro 1909 installed on my HP Compaq Pro 2600. I used to be able to update it just fine to Windows Insider Preview Builds. I am an insider. However today it will not restart and install the new update. What do I do to install the preview build?...