Windows 10: Getting frequent BSODs - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL in Windows 10

Discus and support Getting frequent BSODs - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL in Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I can't seem to remember making any new driver changes before this error started to occur. It has happened more frequently when I'm on call or when my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FinnyJewel26969, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Getting frequent BSODs - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL in Windows 10

I can't seem to remember making any new driver changes before this error started to occur. It has happened more frequently when I'm on call or when my system is idle, though I don't know how they could be related either.

Here are the minidumps of recent errors -

https://mega.nz/folder/HZ4TQRSB#g5VC1LfQZ_SItw79WeDnCA

Can someone suggest what can be done to debug further?

:)

FinnyJewel26969, Apr 22, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 22, 2020
  3. ShyamBh Win User
    Getting random BSOD (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL)

Hello MS-Community,

I have been getting bugged by this for over a week now. I have a Dell 5547 laptop which had Win8.1 preinstalled in it. I installed Ubuntu over it in a different disk partition after a month of purchase. After that , I have been getting random BSOD saying
    'IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL'. There isn't a fixed action which triggers the BSOD. I have looked up in the internet and followed one of the suggestions to run the 'Driver Verifier'. However, no luck. Even after running the Driver Verifier, it does not produce a
    detailed dump file.

It is also worth noting that I clean installed Windows 10 replacing Windows8.1. All went fine for 3 or 4 days but as soon as I installed the GRUB repair for my dual-boot in my laptop, boom! I've been getting bombed by this BSOD time and again. It is really
    frustrating.

I have attached the two dmp files along with this. One is prior to running the 'Driver Verifier' (giving the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bsod) and the second one is after (giving a differed bsod 'SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION').

Link to the dmp files are below:

MiniDump_IRQL.zip

Please Help!

Much Thanks.

ShyamBh, Apr 22, 2020
  4. Getting frequent BSODs - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL in Windows 10

Frequently getting BSOD on Windows 10 (driver irql_not_less_or_equal(nwifi.sys failed))

Hi Prateek,

If you're frequently getting BSOD on your Windows 10 computer, we suggest that you follow the recommendation of
    XP ROCKS on this thread. The procedure given is for
    the same error you're getting.

You can also refer to the article BSOD Finding and fixing them created by
    ZigZag3143 (MS-MVP) to help resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Kerwin Lee, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

Getting frequent BSODs - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL in Windows 10

1. Getting frequent BSODs - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Getting frequent BSODs

2. Frequent Bluescreen / BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent Bluescreen / BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal: Dear all,I have a lenovo legion 5 and frequently it has BSOD and most of the description is irql_not_less_or_equal.It has happened since 1-2 years ago when i used windows 11. I thought by downgrading it to Windows 10 it is the original windows when i bought the laptop but it...
  3. Frequent Bluescreen / BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent Bluescreen / BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal: Dear all,I have a lenovo legion 5 and frequently it has BSOD and most of the description is irql_not_less_or_equal.It has happened since 1-2 years ago when i used windows 11. I thought by downgrading it to Windows 10 it is the original windows when i bought the laptop but it...
  4. Frequent Bluescreen / BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL a frequent errors

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL a frequent errors: Hi I just need help in analyzing my recent bsod. I have already bought new RAM sticks and I've been having this issue for almost 2 years. I have installed new SSDs, installed OS multiple times, ran OCCT and memory tests with no errors. disabled C-state on bios. etc. I'm...
  6. Frequent BSOD crashing IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Frequent BSOD crashing IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: As of recent, my Pc would have a blue screen almost once everyday. It has started to get annoying and I have found out it has been caused by ntoskernl.exe I am running windows 10, 16 GB ram RTX 2070AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Here are the link to the dump...
  7. Getting BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Getting BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Recently I've been getting a lot of these BSODs. I'll start off by explaining my usage and when these blue screens occur. Usually I have 10+ tabs open on browser while i'm using the net. I tend to leave the browser on and close the laptop when i'm not using it. I normally...
  8. BSOD Windows 10 irql_not_less_or_equal

BSOD Windows 10 irql_not_less_or_equal: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a (0xffffe0011ea1e780, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff8032924e1fe). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 102915-35093-01. I have reinstalled windows, updated drivers etc....
  9. Frequent and random BSODs incl: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and more

Frequent and random BSODs incl: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and more: Hi, I upgraded my Windows 7 desktop to Win 10 (Home) version earlier this month - with no major glitches. Suddenly, after a recent Windows update, I started getting random BSODs (sometimes shortly after logging in and some during the login process): APC_INDEX_MISMATCH...
  10. BSOD started getting frequent - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

BSOD started getting frequent - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hi all, Lately i have been getting a few BSOD's. The first couple i never saw them as i had my PC idling overnight and it had restarted. Looked in Event Viewer but nothing jumps out what the fault it so i just assumed it was a power cut or something like that. However...