Windows 10: getting frequent random BackgroundTaskHost.exe critical events

Discus and support getting frequent random BackgroundTaskHost.exe critical events in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am getting frequent random BackgroundTaskHost.exe critical events in RH since the update. I am wondering if this is an issue with others. [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SunCal, Oct 1, 2018.

1. SunCal Win User

getting frequent random BackgroundTaskHost.exe critical events

I am getting frequent random BackgroundTaskHost.exe critical events in RH since the update. I am wondering if this is an issue with others.

getting frequent random BackgroundTaskHost.exe critical events [​IMG]

This is the critical error That is randomly in RH. Has this happened to anyone else since update?

:)

SunCal, Oct 1, 2018
  2. dalchina Win User

Creators Foreground.wav-Critical-Stop beeps every few sec. Event 10.

You may be able to find what's causing this to be generated using Sysinternals ProcMon (from MS)

E.g.
    windows - Critical Error sound playing at seemingly random intervals for seemingly no reason - Super User

You can also try a basic process of elimination.
    Does it occur if you do a clean boot, for example?

Try noting the precise time it occurs, then see if you can correlate that with your event log.

To get a time continuous list, use
    Fulleventlogview (free) by Nirsoft

dalchina, Oct 1, 2018
  3. Smurfmans Win User
    Frequent and random appearing BSOD 'internal power error'.

Here are the magician screenshots:

Disk Drive

SMART button:

These tests didn't take long. Perhaps I missed a checkbox?

Also good to mention, I always get this message when starting " Samsung Magician":

I installed the SSD drive during Christmas 2016. I tried different drivers etc, but this message always came back.
    As my PC worked perfectly at that time, I let it rest in the end and used the lastest microsoft driver that windows update installed.

As to the steps in post #22. I did not yet executed these steps, so I cannot give you an update just yet.
    I hesitate a bit, because they seem to bring me in a new level of computer repair&analysis - into an area that is new to me. A bit out of my "comfort zone", and I need time to familiarize myself with these enhanced steps, so that I feel myself capable enough of doing them, without fearing to screw up my PC. Please give me some time for this. getting frequent random BackgroundTaskHost.exe critical events :) I will try to do this during this weekend.

I also didn't come round into doing steps 10 and 11 from post #8. Should I still do these?

Smurfmans, Oct 1, 2018
  4. Smurfmans Win User

Frequent and random appearing BSOD 'internal power error'.

Update:
    I did steps 6 and 7:

BIOS reset. I choose the 'optimized defaults':

And then I did steps 8 through 11.

Next step is the memtest86+. I created a bootable DVD, and tested if it works. (It does.) I plan these memory-tests the coming nights.
    However, I can't see how I can test every SDRAM module separately. How do I do that?

(NB: After closing my game yesterday, I got the first BSOD in weeks, with a (new) message: "reference by pointer".)

Smurfmans, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

1. getting frequent random BackgroundTaskHost.exe critical events - Similar Threads - getting frequent random

2. Frequent, random crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent, random crashes: Frequent, random crashes in Win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/frequent-random-crashes/24ed4c0f-6417-4bf7-920c-2f146cdaa835
  3. cannot get rid of rundll32.exe

cannot get rid of rundll32.exe: Hey guys, some rundll32 processes are doing whatever in my computer and this seems to be very important to them, so that I cannot work comfortably. With Autoruns64.exe I could delete some processes(see this post), but some malicious ones are still there. sfc /scannow didnt...
  4. Recent Random Frequent BSOD

Recent Random Frequent BSOD: Relatively new build, clean install of Win10, fully updated. Starting a couple of days ago, I've been re-booting about every hour or so, nothing helpful in the Event Viewer logs, so I'm posting here. Config: AMD Athlon X4 860K factory clocking and cooler Gigabyte...
  5. Frequent & random BSOD ahcix64s.sys & ntoskrnl.exe

Frequent & random BSOD ahcix64s.sys & ntoskrnl.exe: I retired several years ago from 20+ years as a computer tech for a large non-profit in midwest USA. Reading error logs is not one of my strong points. I am having repeated BSODs on my own computer for quite a while that I have not been able to resolve. My DM Log Collector...
  6. system getting restart frequently

system getting restart frequently: Recently our system got upgraded to windows 10 system and getting restarted frequently most common drivers caused the restart are- "win32kbase.sys" and "ntoskrnl.exe" 54654
  7. Frequent and Random Restarts

Frequent and Random Restarts: A couple months ago, I got a new HP computer with Windows 10. First thing it did was to update Windows. I did manage to transfer all my files and programs, but practically from day 1, I keep getting the BSOD with one of two messages: critical process died or unexpected store...
  8. Random but frequent BSOD - whea_uncorrectable_error

Random but frequent BSOD - whea_uncorrectable_error: I’m getting a lots of BSOD with whea_uncorrectable_error and I have tried lots of thing/suggestions from googleing…. Before this happened it all worked perfectly fine for a month and all of the sudden it began. It have never been overclocked only RAM have been set for XMP...
  9. Wunderlist app causes critical event

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wunderlist app causes critical event: Hi All, Anyone else getting an almost daily critical event in the Reliability History with the Wunderlist app? [img] 25542
  10. Tons of event viewer errors, warnings and criticals!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Tons of event viewer errors, warnings and criticals!: Hey guys I'm new to Windows 10 and Event viewer and I am unable to understand what it is saying, this used to happen to my Windows 8.1 and I thought that after upgrading to 10 this might stop but here it is again! Please take a look at the pictures attached for better...