Windows 10: getting frequent random BackgroundTaskHost.exe critical events

Discus and support getting frequent random BackgroundTaskHost.exe critical events in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am getting frequent random BackgroundTaskHost.exe critical events in RH since the update. I am wondering if this is an issue with others. [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SunCal, Oct 1, 2018.

1. SunCal Win User

getting frequent random BackgroundTaskHost.exe critical events

I am getting frequent random BackgroundTaskHost.exe critical events in RH since the update. I am wondering if this is an issue with others.

getting frequent random BackgroundTaskHost.exe critical events [​IMG]

This is the critical error That is randomly in RH. Has this happened to anyone else since update?

:)

SunCal, Oct 1, 2018
  2. dalchina Win User

Creators Foreground.wav-Critical-Stop beeps every few sec. Event 10.

You may be able to find what's causing this to be generated using Sysinternals ProcMon (from MS)

E.g.
    windows - Critical Error sound playing at seemingly random intervals for seemingly no reason - Super User

You can also try a basic process of elimination.
    Does it occur if you do a clean boot, for example?

Try noting the precise time it occurs, then see if you can correlate that with your event log.

To get a time continuous list, use
    Fulleventlogview (free) by Nirsoft

dalchina, Oct 1, 2018
  3. Smurfmans Win User
    Frequent and random appearing BSOD 'internal power error'.

Here are the magician screenshots:

Disk Drive

SMART button:

These tests didn't take long. Perhaps I missed a checkbox?

Also good to mention, I always get this message when starting " Samsung Magician":

I installed the SSD drive during Christmas 2016. I tried different drivers etc, but this message always came back.
    As my PC worked perfectly at that time, I let it rest in the end and used the lastest microsoft driver that windows update installed.

As to the steps in post #22. I did not yet executed these steps, so I cannot give you an update just yet.
    I hesitate a bit, because they seem to bring me in a new level of computer repair&analysis - into an area that is new to me. A bit out of my "comfort zone", and I need time to familiarize myself with these enhanced steps, so that I feel myself capable enough of doing them, without fearing to screw up my PC. Please give me some time for this. getting frequent random BackgroundTaskHost.exe critical events :) I will try to do this during this weekend.

I also didn't come round into doing steps 10 and 11 from post #8. Should I still do these?

Smurfmans, Oct 1, 2018
  4. Smurfmans Win User

Frequent and random appearing BSOD 'internal power error'.

Update:
    I did steps 6 and 7:

BIOS reset. I choose the 'optimized defaults':

And then I did steps 8 through 11.

Next step is the memtest86+. I created a bootable DVD, and tested if it works. (It does.) I plan these memory-tests the coming nights.
    However, I can't see how I can test every SDRAM module separately. How do I do that?

(NB: After closing my game yesterday, I got the first BSOD in weeks, with a (new) message: "reference by pointer".)

Smurfmans, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

1. getting frequent random BackgroundTaskHost.exe critical events - Similar Threads - getting frequent random

2. Windows Event Viewer (Critical Errors)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Event Viewer (Critical Errors): I really don't know what the problem is, mu computer is bombarded with critical errors. I see plenty of question asked but no answers from Microsoft. While my computer seems to run right, I think and I do not see any visible problems. there is the event viewer showing at...
  3. Frequent, random crashes

Frequent, random crashes: Frequent, random crashes in Win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/frequent-random-crashes/24ed4c0f-6417-4bf7-920c-2f146cdaa835
  4. cannot get rid of rundll32.exe

cannot get rid of rundll32.exe: Hey guys, some rundll32 processes are doing whatever in my computer and this seems to be very important to them, so that I cannot work comfortably. With Autoruns64.exe I could delete some processes(see this post), but some malicious ones are still there. sfc /scannow didnt...
  5. Recent Random Frequent BSOD

Recent Random Frequent BSOD: Relatively new build, clean install of Win10, fully updated. Starting a couple of days ago, I've been re-booting about every hour or so, nothing helpful in the Event Viewer logs, so I'm posting here. Config: AMD Athlon X4 860K factory clocking and cooler Gigabyte...
  6. Frequent & random BSOD ahcix64s.sys & ntoskrnl.exe

Frequent & random BSOD ahcix64s.sys & ntoskrnl.exe: I retired several years ago from 20+ years as a computer tech for a large non-profit in midwest USA. Reading error logs is not one of my strong points. I am having repeated BSODs on my own computer for quite a while that I have not been able to resolve. My DM Log Collector...
  7. system getting restart frequently

system getting restart frequently: Recently our system got upgraded to windows 10 system and getting restarted frequently most common drivers caused the restart are- "win32kbase.sys" and "ntoskrnl.exe" 54654
  8. Frequent and Random Restarts

Frequent and Random Restarts: A couple months ago, I got a new HP computer with Windows 10. First thing it did was to update Windows. I did manage to transfer all my files and programs, but practically from day 1, I keep getting the BSOD with one of two messages: critical process died or unexpected store...
  9. Wunderlist app causes critical event

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wunderlist app causes critical event: Hi All, Anyone else getting an almost daily critical event in the Reliability History with the Wunderlist app? [img] 25542
  10. Tons of event viewer errors, warnings and criticals!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Tons of event viewer errors, warnings and criticals!: Hey guys I'm new to Windows 10 and Event viewer and I am unable to understand what it is saying, this used to happen to my Windows 8.1 and I thought that after upgrading to 10 this might stop but here it is again! Please take a look at the pictures attached for better...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. critical event background task host