Windows 10: getting frequent random BackgroundTaskHost.exe critical events

Discus and support getting frequent random BackgroundTaskHost.exe critical events in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am getting frequent random BackgroundTaskHost.exe critical events in RH since the update. I am wondering if this is an issue with others. [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SunCal, Oct 1, 2018.

1. SunCal Win User

getting frequent random BackgroundTaskHost.exe critical events

I am getting frequent random BackgroundTaskHost.exe critical events in RH since the update. I am wondering if this is an issue with others.

getting frequent random BackgroundTaskHost.exe critical events [​IMG]

This is the critical error That is randomly in RH. Has this happened to anyone else since update?

:)

SunCal, Oct 1, 2018
  2. dalchina Win User

Creators Foreground.wav-Critical-Stop beeps every few sec. Event 10.

You may be able to find what's causing this to be generated using Sysinternals ProcMon (from MS)

E.g.
    windows - Critical Error sound playing at seemingly random intervals for seemingly no reason - Super User

You can also try a basic process of elimination.
    Does it occur if you do a clean boot, for example?

Try noting the precise time it occurs, then see if you can correlate that with your event log.

To get a time continuous list, use
    Fulleventlogview (free) by Nirsoft

dalchina, Oct 1, 2018
  3. Smurfmans Win User
    Frequent and random appearing BSOD 'internal power error'.

Here are the magician screenshots:

Disk Drive

SMART button:

These tests didn't take long. Perhaps I missed a checkbox?

Also good to mention, I always get this message when starting " Samsung Magician":

I installed the SSD drive during Christmas 2016. I tried different drivers etc, but this message always came back.
    As my PC worked perfectly at that time, I let it rest in the end and used the lastest microsoft driver that windows update installed.

As to the steps in post #22. I did not yet executed these steps, so I cannot give you an update just yet.
    I hesitate a bit, because they seem to bring me in a new level of computer repair&analysis - into an area that is new to me. A bit out of my "comfort zone", and I need time to familiarize myself with these enhanced steps, so that I feel myself capable enough of doing them, without fearing to screw up my PC. Please give me some time for this. getting frequent random BackgroundTaskHost.exe critical events :) I will try to do this during this weekend.

I also didn't come round into doing steps 10 and 11 from post #8. Should I still do these?

Smurfmans, Oct 1, 2018
  4. Smurfmans Win User

Frequent and random appearing BSOD 'internal power error'.

Update:
    I did steps 6 and 7:

BIOS reset. I choose the 'optimized defaults':

And then I did steps 8 through 11.

Next step is the memtest86+. I created a bootable DVD, and tested if it works. (It does.) I plan these memory-tests the coming nights.
    However, I can't see how I can test every SDRAM module separately. How do I do that?

(NB: After closing my game yesterday, I got the first BSOD in weeks, with a (new) message: "reference by pointer".)

Smurfmans, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

1. getting frequent random BackgroundTaskHost.exe critical events - Similar Threads - getting frequent random

2. Random PC Shutdowns Critical: Kernel-Power Event 172/Event 41

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random PC Shutdowns Critical: Kernel-Power Event 172/Event 41: Ever since roughly around 6/13/2023 or 6/14/2023 my PC has had an issue where it will randomly power down. Here is recent event files https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z_tRFDkHxOczIfaAYO-WVqzwGTIOnVid/viewI always get the errors when it occurs "The system has rebooted without...
  3. Critical Events

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical Events: I need help with this problem...Out of the blue no pun intended I started getting random, sporadic, shut-downs... Start-up can be a series of many 10+ attempts to get to the stage the motherboard screen appears... It has periods of stability - the last period lasted a few...
  4. Critical Events

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Critical Events: I need help with this problem...Out of the blue no pun intended I started getting random, sporadic, shut-downs... Start-up can be a series of many 10+ attempts to get to the stage the motherboard screen appears... It has periods of stability - the last period lasted a few...
  5. Critical Events

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. errores backgroundTaskHost

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    errores backgroundTaskHost: Desde hace días han surgido errores en backgroundTaskHost.exe en MoBEX. ¿Como puedo resolverlo? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/errores-backgroundtaskhost/204b01cc-f227-4eb9-ab26-246723173294
  7. errores backgroundTaskHost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    errores backgroundTaskHost: Desde hace días han surgido errores en backgroundTaskHost.exe en MoBEX. ¿Como puedo resolverlo? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/errores-backgroundtaskhost/204b01cc-f227-4eb9-ab26-246723173294
  8. errores backgroundTaskHost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Critical reboot Event 41 after random trigger of Event 12 [With Log]

Critical reboot Event 41 after random trigger of Event 12 [With Log]: Hello, In the last few months I've experienced a few random shutdowns of my system. In the event log we can notice the reboot sequence starts once the Event 12 randomly fires up despite the device has been already running for some time. This is the log: For reference, check...
  10. getting critical errors! random restarts.

getting critical errors! random restarts.: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly. and Pre-registration for 'Microsoft.HEIFImageExtension_1.0.13472.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe' failed. (Error: The system...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fixing backgroundtaskhost event errors

2. critical event background task host