Windows 10: Getting GPS data from cellular on laptop, possibly through the Microsoft Maps app

Discus and support Getting GPS data from cellular on laptop, possibly through the Microsoft Maps app in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My ThinkPad T580 has cellular built in and provides GPS data to the Maps App for real time location. Is there a way to extract the current lat/lon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ericxx11, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Ericxx11 Win User

Getting GPS data from cellular on laptop, possibly through the Microsoft Maps app

My ThinkPad T580 has cellular built in and provides GPS data to the Maps App for real time location. Is there a way to extract the current lat/lon from Maps, such as with a call from a program like Matlab? Or can this be done directly from the cellular function without Maps running? It seems that I should be able to get lat/lon coordinates without buying a separate GPS device.

:)

Ericxx11, Jul 31, 2020
  2. S.Marras Win User

GPS no longer works from satellite

For a few months now, the GPS of my Lumia 650 works only as WIFI or cellular, it no longer receives data from satellite: all the position apps, such as MAPS, no longer work.

I tried all options suggested from web, also with hardware reset, without any change.

In previous years the GPS worked perfectly

S.Marras, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Cellular/SIM connection not available/disappearing

Hi,

A faulty cellular adapter is one of the possible reasons why the cellular connection is disappearing from the laptop. A disabled adapter in the Network Connections Settings can also be the cause of this issue. We suggest you to enable the cellular connection
    in the Network Connections settings. You can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key.
    • Type View Network Connections.
    • Press the Enter key.
    • Right-click on the cellular adapter and click Enable.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Jul 31, 2020
  4. meebers Win User

Getting GPS data from cellular on laptop, possibly through the Microsoft Maps app

Microsoft Maps App

Currently have Microsoft Maps app on my W10 Microsoft phone (nokia 640). It seems pretty good, but wondering if anybody has tried any other GPS SW i.e. Google maps, WAZE, HERE or others and how does it compare?? TX

meebers, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Getting GPS data from cellular on laptop, possibly through the Microsoft Maps app - Similar Threads - Getting GPS data

2. GPS NMEA 0183 Data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPS NMEA 0183 Data: My Tablet updated to Win 11 build 22H2. None of the Prolific drivers will work. Have updated all the Intel driver and Bluetooth drivers. Still can not stream data from a GPS-5 GPS Receiver nor a GlobalSat BU353N5. Although a Garmin Glo 2 will Pair with the tablet, it will NOT...
  3. GPS NMEA 0183 Data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPS NMEA 0183 Data: My Tablet updated to Win 11 build 22H2. None of the Prolific drivers will work. Have updated all the Intel driver and Bluetooth drivers. Still can not stream data from a GPS-5 GPS Receiver nor a GlobalSat BU353N5. Although a Garmin Glo 2 will Pair with the tablet, it will NOT...
  4. How to allow non-Microsoft Store apps use cellular data?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to allow non-Microsoft Store apps use cellular data?: I have recently got a new laptop with cellular connectivity.This works great, except it is preventing me from using cellular data with certain pieces of software.I can set yes/no permissions for cellular data permission for apps installed from the Microsoft store but can't...
  5. How to allow non-Microsoft Store apps use cellular data?

How to allow non-Microsoft Store apps use cellular data?: I have recently got a new laptop with cellular connectivity.This works great, except it is preventing me from using cellular data with certain pieces of software.I can set yes/no permissions for cellular data permission for apps installed from the Microsoft store but can't...
  6. How to allow non-Microsoft Store apps use cellular data?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. GPS road map

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    GPS road map: how do Ii download my Magellan RoadMate 5120-LMTX content manager on my windows 10 pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gps-road-map/4ad78660-016f-42bb-8c8e-2ad54516528d
  8. Using cellular data in my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Using cellular data in my laptop: Hi, My laptop came with a sim card slot but when i place it as required my laptop is even running it. Futhermore I did such for cellular connection in my settings as instructed but it is not available on my computer. Help me please!...
  9. Data cannot go through cellular when Wi-Fi connected.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Data cannot go through cellular when Wi-Fi connected.: Hi, I'm a Surface Pro with LTE user. I want to use both cellular and Wi-Fi simultaneously. But I cannot. I found in "View you network properties", cellular and Wi-Fi both got the IP address, but cellular "Connectivity(IPv4/IPv6): disconnected" while Wi-Fi is connected. My...
  10. Windows 10 1803, LOCATION ON, MAPS app and internal gps units

Windows 10 1803, LOCATION ON, MAPS app and internal gps units: This is an observation that might help others. I have already sent these details to MS via their Feedback My old but still useful HP Elitebook 2560p has a gps unit built into the WWAN module. Useful thing to have. I have Memory Map software and maps installed and have...