Windows 10: Getting GPU memory usage data in Performance monitor

Discus and support Getting GPU memory usage data in Performance monitor in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey! I'm doing a study for school and the topic is how PC performance is impacted while streaming to Twitch with different quality presets. I'll use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Juhiz9, Jul 24, 2020.

1. /u/Juhiz9 Win User

Getting GPU memory usage data in Performance monitor

Hey!

I'm doing a study for school and the topic is how PC performance is impacted while streaming to Twitch with different quality presets. I'll use x264 encoding as well as NVENC and compare the performance results. To record PC performance I'm using Windows Performance monitor.

I want to collect data of my PC performance and I have set my Data collector sets to monitor my RAM usage, overall CPU usage as well as each individual core usage.

I would like to capture my GPU memory usage also, but I don't know which memory module or type I should focus on. Overall GPU memory usage is enough for me so I don't need individual memory module metrics. I have now selected GPU Adapter Memory as one of the counter but I have no idea how I get the "real" total usage. I've got GTX1070 Ti in my system if it makes any difference to the question.

Also I would like to know if there is possibility to get NVENC-module usage percentage there as well?

submitted by /u/Juhiz9
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Juhiz9, Jul 24, 2020
  2. It's rohr Win User

Data monitor usage for windows 10

Hi, there. I want a software which will monitor my each day's data usage, as I have limited data everyday. Can anyone suggest for this?

It's rohr, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Unknown Constant RAM Usage

Hi,

To explore more on RAM usage by processes and see in-depth I advise you to open the Resource monitor, please follow the below steps.

Step 1 :

Open Task Manager

Step 2:

Click on Performance

Step 3:

At the bottom click on Open Resource Monitor

Step 4:

Under Resource Monitor windows click on Memory

Step 5:

Click on Working Set to list the top process utilizing the more RAM and then evaluate RAM usage.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Jul 29, 2020
  4. philc43 Win User

Memory Problem

I notice you have a Killer network Manager in your list. There have been problems with the Windows Network Data Usage Monitoring Driver service which in combination with a Killer network driver starts to fill up the Non-Paged Pool memory. This was in W8.1 and the suggested fix is altering the registry key value of the “Start” entry to 4 in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Ndu\ to disable the Windows Network Data Usage Monitor Driver from starting.

See https://bluebluewave.wordpress.com/2...ge-monitoring/

Worth a try in your system I would think.

philc43, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Getting GPU memory usage data in Performance monitor - Similar Threads - Getting GPU memory

2. No option for Physical Memory Usage on Performance Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No option for Physical Memory Usage on Performance Monitor: Hi, I'm looking for advice. I need to generate a weekly report on processor & physical memory usage on Windows 10. I tried Performance Monitor but can't see any option to monitor physical memory usage. When I added "Memory" to the counters, it still didn't show physical...
  3. No option for Physical Memory Usage on Performance Monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No option for Physical Memory Usage on Performance Monitor: Hi, I'm looking for advice. I need to generate a weekly report on processor & physical memory usage on Windows 10. I tried Performance Monitor but can't see any option to monitor physical memory usage. When I added "Memory" to the counters, it still didn't show physical...
  4. windows Performance monitor's data in the report is incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows Performance monitor's data in the report is incorrect: My system is Windows Server 2019As shown in the figure, the maximum value is 7.8717.871 * 10 = 78.71However, the largest part in the line graph is less than 60What's the matter? Why are the images different from the displayed dataAnd this phenomenon only occurs when the...
  5. windows Performance monitor's data in the report is incorrect

windows Performance monitor's data in the report is incorrect: My system is Windows Server 2019As shown in the figure, the maximum value is 7.8717.871 * 10 = 78.71However, the largest part in the line graph is less than 60What's the matter? Why are the images different from the displayed dataAnd this phenomenon only occurs when the...
  6. Slow performance but low memory and CPU usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow performance but low memory and CPU usage: Hello, I've just recently built a new computer and I'm now running into the problem that Windows is getting really slow like opening the Windows Explorer takes forever while CPU/memory/disk usage is all below 10%. My setup: AMD Ryzen 9 5900x at 4.2GHz w/ a be quiet! Dark...
  7. Getting GPU memory usage data in Performance monitor

Getting GPU memory usage data in Performance monitor: Hey! I'm doing a study for school and the topic is how PC performance is impacted while streaming to Twitch with different quality presets. I'll use x264 encoding as well as NVENC and compare the performance results. To record PC performance I'm using Windows Performance...
  8. The best data usage monitors for Windows

in Windows 10 News
    The best data usage monitors for Windows: If you want to know how much data you are using on a Windows PC over time, you will have to use third-party programs for that. While you may check the Task Manager or Resource Monitor directly to get current readings, you will notice that these built-in tools are not suitable...
  9. Monitoring Data usages in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Monitoring Data usages in Windows 10.: How To Calculate Data Usages on Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10 ***Modified Title from: Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitoring-data-usages-in-windows-10/635baf45-0bfd-4a2d-a820-fe3188a560da
  10. Data monitor usage for windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Data monitor usage for windows 10: Hi, there. I want a software which will monitor my each day's data usage, as I have limited data everyday. Can anyone suggest for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-monitor-usage-for-windows-10/23f8a591-51a3-4b40-a58a-291883b83892