Windows 10: Getting Hard Crashes when GPU is on Load

Discus and support Getting Hard Crashes when GPU is on Load in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey there, I've been getting hard crashes when my GPU and/or CPU is on load when in games, benchmarking. WhoCrashes says the analyzed dump files are:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Parthurnax3, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Getting Hard Crashes when GPU is on Load

Hey there,

I've been getting hard crashes when my GPU and/or CPU is on load when in games, benchmarking. WhoCrashes says the analyzed dump files are:

On Sat 19-Dec-20 9:34:18 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\121920-17718-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: watchdog.sys watchdog+0x3AD0
    Bugcheck code: 0x119 0xA, 0x4C6D, 0x4C6E, 0xFFFF978527C4F000
    Error: VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\watchdog.sys
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: Watchdog Driver
    Bug check description: This indicates that the video scheduler has detected a fatal violation.
    The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

And/Or

On Sun 20-Dec-20 7:08:54 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\122020-18718-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys 0xFFFFF804841EEF7B
    Bugcheck code: 0xD1 0x3B0, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF804841EEF7B
    Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvlti.inf_amd64_1b431e1f567ea842\nvlddmkm.sys
    product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 460.79
    company: NVIDIA Corporation
    description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 460.79
    Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
    This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nvlddmkm.sys NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 460.79 , NVIDIA Corporation.
    Google query: nvlddmkm.sys NVIDIA Corporation DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I know WhoCrashed doesn't do a good job in isolating the issue, that's why I also uploaded the dump files: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ak7tLhqDospWajJzkAULmBQ5mUY?e=asPBGe

Things I've tried:

-Clean install of GPU driver using DDU

-Disabling Undervolt and Overclock on CPU and GPU

-Outright uninstalling Afterburner and RTSS

-Disabling pretty much every background apps when running benchmark

Any help in isolating or identifying the cause would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

:)

Parthurnax3, Dec 19, 2020

2. Computer crashing during GPU load.

AMD RYZEN 5 2600X 3.6GHZ

32.0 GB DDR5 RAM

AMD radeon 5700

AMD 580X

MSI X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI MOTHERBOARD

THERMALTAKE SMART 700W ATX POWER SUPPLY

I have been dealing with my computer crashing when the GPU is under load. I have tried switching different GPUs to try and weed out whether or not the GPU is having problems, and it still crashes. I have tried reformatting all of my HD's and SSD's as well
    as run SFC commands and using the repair tool as well. I do not overclock my GPU or my CPU because it crashes less frequently when they are not overclocked. I have created the system report log and the critical error that i keep on getting is "Kernel Power
    41, category 63."

I am starting to wonder if my power supply isnt strong enough to handle either of the GPUs.

J-O-S-Hpogo, Dec 19, 2020
  3. W1zzard Win User
    GPU-Z 0.7.5 causing crashes on load up

Any chance you could narrow it down to which running application causes GPU-Z to crash? Ideally steps to reproduce for me here.

W1zzard, Dec 19, 2020
  4. Getting Hard Crashes when GPU is on Load

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

Getting Hard Crashes when GPU is on Load

1. Getting Hard Crashes when GPU is on Load - Similar Threads - Getting Hard Crashes

2. PC crashing when GPU put under load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashing when GPU put under load: Hiya, i have been having some issues with my pc for a while. Everytime i put the gpu under any sort of load it seems to crash and reboot back to desktop...I am really hoping it is not a hardware issue. I have tried a fresh install, but the issue persists,...Nvidia drivers and...
  3. PC crashing when GPU put under load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashing when GPU put under load: Hiya, i have been having some issues with my pc for a while. Everytime i put the gpu under any sort of load it seems to crash and reboot back to desktop...I am really hoping it is not a hardware issue. I have tried a fresh install, but the issue persists,...Nvidia drivers and...
  4. Hard crashes with ANY heavy load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard crashes with ANY heavy load: Out of the blue, my computer has been crashing upon heavy loads. For example, playing a game. I can load into the menu fine, but when it finishes loading the game, either the game will crash or my computer will black screen and restart. Specs and what I have tried already are...
  5. Hard crashes with ANY heavy load

Hard crashes with ANY heavy load: Out of the blue, my computer has been crashing upon heavy loads. For example, playing a game. I can load into the menu fine, but when it finishes loading the game, either the game will crash or my computer will black screen and restart. Specs and what I have tried already are...
  6. Windows 11 crash to black screen when GPU under load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 crash to black screen when GPU under load: When my GPU is under load playing rocket league, so not huge load on my prebuilt desktop, sometimes the PC crashes to a black screen and becomes unresponsive, forcing a hard reboot. This occurs sometimes a minute or so after I quit the game and start doing something else....
  7. Windows 11 crash to black screen when GPU under load

Windows 11 crash to black screen when GPU under load: When my GPU is under load playing rocket league, so not huge load on my prebuilt desktop, sometimes the PC crashes to a black screen and becomes unresponsive, forcing a hard reboot. This occurs sometimes a minute or so after I quit the game and start doing something else....
  8. Computer crashing during GPU load.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer crashing during GPU load.: AMD RYZEN 5 2600X 3.6GHZ 32.0 GB DDR5 RAM AMD radeon 5700 AMD 580X MSI X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI MOTHERBOARD THERMALTAKE SMART 700W ATX POWER SUPPLY I have been dealing with my computer crashing when the GPU is under load. I have tried switching different GPUs to try and...
  9. Crashing under heavy GPU loads

Crashing under heavy GPU loads: Hey guys, My computer keeps crashing under heavy GPU loads, was wondering if someone can help me narrow down the issue. Thanks.
  10. BSOD/Crash when a load is on GPU

BSOD/Crash when a load is on GPU: A few days ago, my PC started crashing as soon as I put a load on the GPU (Even with very small loads such as a game's loading screen), I thought this was because I was running my GPU (270X) on a x4 slot, so I switched it to a x16 slot and when I booted up the PC, I saw that...