Windows 10: Getting Intel Optanetm Memory Pinning error with update version 2004

Discus and support Getting Intel Optanetm Memory Pinning error with update version 2004 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just updated Windows 10 Home version from 1909 to 2004 OS Build 19041.388. When I right click a file or folder in Windows Explorer, I get an error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JSHenry1963LPSS, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Getting Intel Optanetm Memory Pinning error with update version 2004

I just updated Windows 10 Home version from 1909 to 2004 OS Build 19041.388.

When I right click a file or folder in Windows Explorer, I get an error notification:

--------------------------------------------

Intel Optanetm Memory Pinning

Unable to load DLL

'iaStorAfsServiceApi.dll': The

specified module could not be found.

Exception from HRESULT:0x8

And that is where it cuts off the notification

1st, how to I see the full notification to get the full error code so that I can google it

2nd, Will getting this cause harm?

3rd, How to fix this?

I have the latest updates, keep it up to date automatically, and even check myself now to get optional updates that might correct this.

I get this exact same notification when I am running Google Chrome, and it tries to access a folder locally, I also get this exact same notification when I am running various other programs that access the drive for a new file, but not all programs do this, e.g. Word is fine.

Getting Intel Optanetm Memory Pinning error with update version 2004 5699d5aa-9837-4219-8070-7ed880559780?upload=true.gif

Thanks in advance for any help, and best regards

John

:)

JSHenry1963LPSS, Jul 24, 2020

2. Getting Intel Optane(tm) Memory Pinning error with update version 2004

I just updated Windows 10 Home version from 1909 to 2004 (OS Build 19041.388).

When I right click a file or folder in Windows Explorer, I get an error notification:

Intel Optane(tm) Memory Pinning

Unable to load DLL

'iaStorAfsServiceApi.dll': The

specified module could not be found.

(Exception from HRESULT:0x8

And that is where it cuts off the notification

1st, how to I see the full notification to get the full error code so that I can google it

2nd, Will getting this cause harm?

3rd, How to fix this?

I have the latest updates, keep it up to date automatically, and even check myself now to get optional updates that might correct this.

I get this exact same notification when I am running Google Chrome, and it tries to access a folder locally, I also get this exact same notification when I am running various other programs that access the drive for a new file, but not all programs do this,
    e.g. Word is fine.

Getting Intel Optanetm Memory Pinning error with update version 2004 5699d5aa-9837-4219-8070-7ed880559780?upload=true.gif

Thanks in advance for any help, and best regards

John

JSHenry1963LPSS, Jul 27, 2020
  3. Intel Optane Memory Pinning Error after 2004 update

First off not sure if this is the right category as this issue was not present before the update

After updating and restarting from the 2004 update Build 19041.329 on Windows 10 Pro I get the above error listed in the title "Intel Optane Memory Pinning Error". I am running on an intel system but I do not use Optane at all and as such not sure why I
    am getting an error pertaining to it.

This error shows up when I first launch the file explorer or every single subsequent time I right-click anything in the file manager. It does not appear to prevent anything from running but does pop up every time making for a very noisy experience on Windows
    and a rather annoying one at that.

I attached a screenshot with the exact error that pops up any idea how to get this to go away without re-installing windows? I had this exact issue some time ago from an update and the only way I was able to get rid of it was re-install windows which is
    frankly a pain.

Getting Intel Optanetm Memory Pinning error with update version 2004 cadc00ed-462a-49dd-9800-dd9c3a6234e4?upload=true.jpg

Note the Hresult code is cut off here but even in real-time I have no way to pull up the real log entry from that pop-up and I am not skilled enough with even viewer to find the corresponding entry for this error, any help would be appreciated.

Andrew Jamison, Jul 27, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Getting Intel Optanetm Memory Pinning error with update version 2004

Getting Intel Optane(tm) Memory Pinning error with update version 2004

Hi JS

Go to the support page for your PC on the manufacturers website, from there, download the version of Intel Rapid Storage Technology they recommend - do not install that yet . . .

Click your Start Button, then just type Intel

From the resulting list, open Intel Rapid Storage Technology

Click the Intel Optane memory tab

Click Disable

Click Yes to confirm and close that utility

Uninstall Intel Rapid Storage Technology from the Windows Settings App - Apps

Install the new version of Intel RST that you downloaded . . .

If the above does not work for you, do you have a Dell PC?

DaveM121, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

Getting Intel Optanetm Memory Pinning error with update version 2004

1. Getting Intel Optanetm Memory Pinning error with update version 2004 - Similar Threads - Getting Intel Optanetm

2. Intel Optanetm Memory Pinning: unable to load DLL 'iaStorAfsServiceApi.dll': The specified...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intel Optanetm Memory Pinning: unable to load DLL 'iaStorAfsServiceApi.dll': The specified...: After installing a Windows Update, I started getting this error every time I installed File Explorer:This error came with my computer no longer saving screenshots through Windows + PrtScr, though that is fixed now.I have tried fixing things through DISM.exe, and even erasing...
  3. Intel Optanetm Memory pinning

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intel Optanetm Memory pinning: I am getting again and again this notification from chrome and Microsoft edge browser. getting this notification after updating windows 10 1909 into windows 10 2004 "Unable do load DLL "iaStorAfsServiceApi.dll': The specified module could not be found. Exception from...
  4. Intel Optane Memory Pinning Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Intel Optane Memory Pinning Error: Since updating to Microsoft Windows 10 2004, everytime I right-click a file in File Explorer, I get the notification shown below related to Intel Optane Memory Pinning. I don't even have any Intel Optane Memory installed. What's going on? [ATTACH]...
  5. Intel Optane Memory Pinning Error after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Intel Optane Memory Pinning Error after 2004 update: First off not sure if this is the right category as this issue was not present before the update After updating and restarting from the 2004 update Build 19041.329 on Windows 10 Pro I get the above error listed in the title "Intel Optane Memory Pinning Error". I am running...
  6. Intel Optanetm Memory7 Pinning

Intel Optanetm Memory7 Pinning: Since updating to w10 home 2004, I have been getting the following message on my Dell laptop: Intel Optanetm Memory Pinning Unable to load DLL 'iaStorAfsServiceApi.dll': The specified module could not be found. Exception from HRESULT: 0x8 I am unable to get any more...
  7. Windows 10, Intel Optanetm Memory Pinning error notification message.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10, Intel Optanetm Memory Pinning error notification message.: When using Windows Explorer I get a pop up notification warning message briefly viewable as follows: Intel Optane™ Memory Pinning Unable to load DLL “iaStorAfsServiceApi.dll”. The specified module could not be found. Exception from HRESULT:0x8 Windows Explorer. Can you...
  8. Intel Optane(tm) Memory Pinning error

in Windows 10 Support
    Intel Optane(tm) Memory Pinning error: Every time I right-click on a file or folder in Windows Explorer, I get a notification error that says the following: Intel Optane(tm) Memory Pinning Unable to load DLL 'iaStorAfsServiceApi.dll': The specified module could not be found (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007 I...
  9. Intel Optane memory pinning error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel Optane memory pinning error: Hi, I recently began getting this error at seemingly random times (at least I haven't been able to figure out a definite trigger yet). [ATTACH] I do have Intel Rapid Storage Technology (v 15.9.6.1044) installed, and am using it to accelerate my system drive. But I don't...
  10. Intel Optane Memory Pinning Error

Intel Optane Memory Pinning Error: Recently I got this error, I don't think i have Optane Memory as I have a Dell XPS 9570. I tried disabling Intel Optane Memory Service but it still pops up. When i go to Intel Rapid Storage Technology it also shows as it being disabled. [ATTACH]...