Windows 10: getting intel rst error when repairing windows with the recommended version

Discus and support getting intel rst error when repairing windows with the recommended version in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; [ATTACH] as you can see by this screenshot i am triggering the intel RST compatibility hold even though i have the exact version they recommend on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lag426, Jul 28, 2019.

1. lag426 Win User

getting intel rst error when repairing windows with the recommended version

getting intel rst error when repairing windows with the recommended version 1a801646-dede-4fb5-861a-551a418339df?upload=true.png

as you can see by this screenshot i am triggering the intel RST compatibility hold even though i have the exact version they recommend on the support article

i did something very stupid and deleted the windows store entirely so i really need a repair and this couldn't be a worse time to have this issue

anyone got a fix?

:)

lag426, Jul 28, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Intel RST service is not running

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The Intel RST service is for the Intel Rapid Storage Driver. The Intel Rapid Storage Driver provides speed for data transfer and improves the performance for SATA drives or PCIe drives.

• What is the make and model of the computer and motherboard?

You can follow the methods mentioned below and check if that helps:

Method 1: Changing the startup type for Service

You can try changing the startup type for the Intel RST service and check if that makes a difference. Please refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold Windows key + R, to open
      Run dialog box.
    2. Type serivces.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Now, scroll down, look for Intel RST service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    4. Now, under startup type select Automatic from the drop down menu.
    5. Click on Apply and OK.

Method 2: Updating the drivers manually

You can try downloading the latest version of Intel Rapid Storage Driver from the

Intel Website
    and check if that helps. However, I would suggest checking with the motherboard manufacturer website as well.

If you are using RAID configuration, I suggest you to post your query in

TechNet forums
    , where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on RAID configuration.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 28, 2019
  3. Intel RST service

Since it's an upgrade, some software/drivers may need update to support Windows 10. Hence try updating the software/drivers to the latest version and then check.

Additionally, check with the software support for compatibility with Windows 10.

Latest version of Intel RST can be found here:

Download Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) User Interface and Driver

Regarding WiFi, kindly contact the computer manufacturer support on compatibility with Windows 10.

Balaji Kundalam, Jul 28, 2019
  4. SamuelW Win User

Intel RST Service & Windows10

This also worked for my Intel DP35DP system board, which is a much older system board.

After reboot the Intel Rapid Storage Technology UI does work so I can manage my RAID array.

My old version was 9.6.0.1014.

The new version is 14.8.0.1042.

An uninstall of the previous version was not necessary.

EDIT: I should note that the Intel RST Service not running message is still there, though it is listed as running in service.msc.

Looking into it further...

SamuelW, Jul 28, 2019
Thema:

1. getting intel rst error when repairing windows with the recommended version - Similar Threads - getting intel rst

2. Intel RST drivers for SSD - when to use?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel RST drivers for SSD - when to use?: Hi I am trying to understand if the Intel RST driver is necessary or not, or if only required for particular setups. I have 2 computers:1)Desktop - boot drive: SATA 3 SSD (Windows and applications), and aSATA 3 HDD for document storage. 2)Laptop M.2 SATA 3 Micron SSD (PCIe...
  3. Intel RST will not setup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intel RST will not setup: I attempted to install Intel RTS on my desktop. After the setup window walks me through the basic first few steps the program said that it is going to reboot the PC into safe mode to complete the installation. My PC turned off and it started boot looping. Now I don't see...
  4. intel RST driver

intel RST driver: couldn't update Windows 10 intel rst doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-rst-driver/89c4ee5f-170d-443c-b166-4c4a8c955750
  5. trying to install the windows 10 version 1903 and getting an error due to INtel RST version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    trying to install the windows 10 version 1903 and getting an error due to INtel RST version: when I try to install the Windows 10 version 1903 update on my Dell inspiron 15 it fails due to an error stating that the intel RST driver on my device needs to be version 15.5.2.1054 or a later. I then did update the driver to a later version and did a reboot but I am...
  6. Intel RST Driver

Intel RST Driver: I usually browse this forum to keep up with new driver updates and whatnot (especially all those freaking Realtek driver updates!), but I haven't seen a post about Intel RST drivers, so I'd like to let people know that Intel release a new version a little while ago:...
  7. intel rst will not install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    intel rst will not install: With the newest build of win10 I cannot install intel rst. Says I need dot net installed. When I goto install dot net it says I have the newest on installed. Asus z97a mobo Intel i7 4790k 16Gb gskill ram Gtx 970 Samsung 850 pro ssd 5327
  8. Intel RST and Z77

Intel RST and Z77: Hey all, I have Z77 chipset, Ivy Bridge, Intel SSD etc. Intel haven't updated it's RST for Z77 in a long time, the latest working version is 13.1.0.1058 - although release notes of few later drivers say those are also for Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family SATA AHCI...
  9. Intel RST Install Error: Platfrom not supported

Intel RST Install Error: Platfrom not supported: I've just finished clean installing Windows 10 and I'm trying to install Intel RST ,however, I keep getting an error right at the beginning saying "Platfrom not supported". I've checked to make sure im trying to install the correct version for Windows 10(...
  10. Intel RST Service Not Running

in Windows 10 Support
    Intel RST Service Not Running: I keep running into this and it is affecting my overall performance. It slows to a crawl at times, mostly when playing videos. Because videos are what I do, it is a problem. I've been chasing this for a while and can't find reliable information. Neither Acer or Intel have...