Windows 10: GETTING INTERNET EXPLORER 11 on new WINDOWS 10

Discus and support GETTING INTERNET EXPLORER 11 on new WINDOWS 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Friends. Just got new HP Desktop 16 Gig with windows 10. It has Microsoft Edge as the browser which I don't care for. I prefer Internet Explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WILLY447, Jan 30, 2019.

1. WILLY447 Win User

GETTING INTERNET EXPLORER 11 on new WINDOWS 10

Hello Friends. Just got new HP Desktop 16 Gig with windows 10. It has Microsoft Edge as the browser which I don't care for. I prefer Internet Explorer 11 as I mainly do office stuff. I searched around and found out that by going to windows features I found I.E. 11 there and checked the box and also O.K.box and then restarted the computer. Nothing changed, still had Edge. Could anyone help? It should be on the computer if it is in feature lineup right? Thanks, Willy

:)

WILLY447, Jan 30, 2019
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

GETTING INTERNET EXPLORER 11 on new WINDOWS 10 wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

3. Arul_D Win User
    Internet Explorer 11 not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Explorer.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arul_D, Jan 30, 2019
  4. Geethu B Win User

Getting about:blank page in Internet Explorer 11

Hi Alvin,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with Internet Explorer 11.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Incorrect Internet Explorer settings.

2. Virus.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to try the steps under the section "Why are webpages blank or displaying incorrectly?" from the following article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/videos-dont-work#ie=ie-11

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental
    control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to run a full scan using Windows Defender and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-protect-your-pc

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

1. GETTING INTERNET EXPLORER 11 on new WINDOWS 10 - Similar Threads - GETTING INTERNET EXPLORER

2. INTERNET EXPLORER IN WINDOWS 11!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    INTERNET EXPLORER IN WINDOWS 11!!!!!!: Dear Microsoft,can you explain this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-in-windows-11/42139590-7cca-4cc3-a4a5-7cbab6981a15
  3. INTERNET EXPLORER IN WINDOWS 11!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    INTERNET EXPLORER IN WINDOWS 11!!!!!!: Dear Microsoft,can you explain this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-in-windows-11/42139590-7cca-4cc3-a4a5-7cbab6981a15
  4. Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 11: I thought IE 11 was not included on Windows 11 until I tried Adding my Gmail account on Outlook and I got the Message "This Browser or App May Not be Secure", so I clicked Learn More and Internet Explorer Opened. I located the Folder for it in File Explorer. I was just...
  5. Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 11: I thought IE 11 was not included on Windows 11 until I tried Adding my Gmail account on Outlook and I got the Message "This Browser or App May Not be Secure", so I clicked Learn More and Internet Explorer Opened. I located the Folder for it in File Explorer. I was just...
  6. Internet explorer 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Internet explorer 11: Internet explorer is not installed on my devices and icloud will only sync bookmark etc. with this and not the edge browser. Where can I find this download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-11/3fd9abe4-4ce3-42e3-9e63-85a391e39ab9
  7. Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 10: I want to install Internet Explorer on my laptop with Windows 10. I tried several times but nothing helps. Who knows how I can install it?...
  8. Internet Explorer 11

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Explorer 11: I uninstalled IE 11 after it ceased being accessible from my Windows10 laptop. I was not able to reinstall using any method. Is there a fix for this? Scotty...
  9. New Windows 10 populates Internet Explorer 11 with old favoirtes

in Browsers and Email
    New Windows 10 populates Internet Explorer 11 with old favoirtes: I recently got a Windows 10 tablet. It populated my IE11 favorites with some old links which looks like it's up to a year old or something. I checked OneDrive and nothing is there. Where do these links come from? I wasn't away of any sync feature built into IE11. 102800
  10. Windows 10 Internet Explorer 11 problems...

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Internet Explorer 11 problems...: Hi, My IE11 is playing up in that the 'add current tab to favourite' option is greyed out. I've Googled for a solution but without any luck. This morning I reset IE but that has not helped. I've been using Edge but according to the Event Viewer it 'stops working' dozens of...