Windows 10: Getting into BIOS without having UEFI capabilities

Discus and support Getting into BIOS without having UEFI capabilities in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am very new to just PC’s, let alone knowing things regarding software. I have recently realised that after a 3D mark run, my CPU’s boost clock was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LewisWhymark, May 14, 2019.

1. Getting into BIOS without having UEFI capabilities

I am very new to just PC’s, let alone knowing things regarding software. I have recently realised that after a 3D mark run, my CPU’s boost clock was the same as the base clock (well actually slightly less for some reason at 2.78GHz and my base clock was 2.8GHz. But I found out that the only way to either check if intels turbo boost feature is enabled or not and enabling it if not is by going into the BIOS and changing it from there. I have a intel i5 760 which is capable of turbo boosting to I think around 3.2-3.3GHz. This is an issue as I don’t seem to have UEFI, and on startup I try holding down or constantly pressing delete which I looked up is apparently the correct key for a foxconn motherboard but nothing seems to happen when I do this and I cannot find a way to get into the BIOS. Some of what I’ve said might be really stupid and obvious or not make any sense because I am stupid and do not know much regarding this in the slightest.

:)

LewisWhymark, May 14, 2019
  2. drrchmnd Win User

Bios access in Windows 10 without UEFI capabilities

While there is a hybrid of them it isn't used anymore.

However anyway it's sliced it doesn't matter.

My motherboard isn't UEFI capable and Win10 has modified things in the bios/cmos to the point that I can't access the bios to make some needed changes.

drrchmnd, May 14, 2019
  3. drrchmnd Win User

Greetings,

The subject is pretty much the question.

How do I access the bios using Win10 without having a motherboard that supports UEFI?

Things I have tried includes: turning off fast start, pushing the correct key at restart from the troubleshooting menus, attempting to install UEFI, disconnecting the hdd, flashing the cmos, flashing the bios, pulling out a hdd with XP on it (wont even load),

What I found the most telling and interesting is that I couldn't get XP to boot at all. Makes me wonder about the modifications that Win10 does to the bios and such.

So pretty much I have tried everything I can think of and what I can find on various blogs etc.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

drrchmnd, May 14, 2019
  4. Getting into BIOS without having UEFI capabilities

So even if you remove the CMOS jumper pin, the BIOS will not open to set time and date and hardware configuration?

And if everything is working fine, why do you need to enter BIOS?

You should be able to find you system model and get the correct key to press on start up. Sometimes you have to keep pressing the key on start up.

Try these keys pressing repeadily on start up

Delete

tab

F12

F10

F8

seahawks65, May 14, 2019
Thema:

Getting into BIOS without having UEFI capabilities

1. Getting into BIOS without having UEFI capabilities - Similar Threads - Getting BIOS without

2. UEFI vs BIOS: What is the difference between BIOS and UEFI?

in Windows 10 News
    UEFI vs BIOS: What is the difference between BIOS and UEFI?: [ATTACH]Is UEFI better or should you use BIOS? Anyone who is interested in understanding how their personal computers work will find this guide to be helpful. We explain the difference between BIOS (Basic Input-Output System) & UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) in...
  3. BIOS MODE UEFI

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BIOS MODE UEFI: MY PC DOES NOT SUPPORT BIOS MODE UEFI HOW TO SUPPORT THE UEFI IN MY PC INSPIRON 15 5558 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bios-mode-uefi/ac6086ce-66ea-4ac5-a024-1fecbf1aa88a
  4. I have UEFI but I can only get into BIOS

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have UEFI but I can only get into BIOS: Hi I have checked system info and it says BIOS mode UEFI, but when I go into the BIOS settings I get the BIOS interface. I've seen images of a UEFI interface and I definately do not get that, Just the blue and white BIOS that I've seen for years. I've checked the partion...
  5. Outdated BIOS to UEFI

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Outdated BIOS to UEFI: Hi guys. So recently i was trying to figure out if how to boot into UEFI, but sadly there was no option for me to do that in the boot menu. Later on i googled some stuff and it told me to check system configuration to see if it says 'Legacy' which is Bios that you can convert...
  6. UEFI instead of BIOS

UEFI instead of BIOS: Hi guys. So recently i've been checking out my system components and my BIOS seems to be outdated. First of all i want to install UEFI instead of BIOS, and secondly, it says 'Outdated' next to the 'BIOS', which i believe is a bad thing? Even tho google tells me that i don't...
  7. UEFI/BIOS Virus?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UEFI/BIOS Virus?: I have recently bought a new PC. Initially the W10 version was 1909 but very soon after purchase it was upgraded to 2004. One of the first things I did was to create a recovery USB memory stick. This was prior to me knowing how to access the PC's BIOS/UEFI although I had...
  8. How to turn VT on without going into BIOS/UEFI?

How to turn VT on without going into BIOS/UEFI?: Due to a hardware error (maybe, IDK, but probably a hardware error), I cannot go into BIOS. My laptop will go into a black screen with streaks of white if I restart my device and some unlucky normal boot times. Windows updates are still possible, it's only the display that is...
  9. Can UEFI BIOS get corrupted?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can UEFI BIOS get corrupted?: Good day I have an HP laptop that out of thin air show the following message upon starting up: "The following product information programmed into the system board is missing or invalid System board (00A) - System Board CT number" Now Windows 10 says it's not activated and...
  10. BIOS / UEFI setup

in Windows 10 Support
    BIOS / UEFI setup: Hi, I have several Dell E6410's here with latest Win 10 1803 update and A17 BIOS. All ok apart from one machine which the power light stays on at shutdown. This particular machine happens to be set up with the boot option set to UEFI whereas the others use Legacy. So I...