Windows 10: Getting IR port working (code 19) - re-add IRDA to W10 1909

Discus and support Getting IR port working (code 19) - re-add IRDA to W10 1909 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This HP 6910p has a IR port, but W10 (1909) reported Code 19 for the device driver (mis-configured in the registry). After quite a bit of digging I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by perdrix, Jan 12, 2020.

1. perdrix Win User

Getting IR port working (code 19) - re-add IRDA to W10 1909

This HP 6910p has a IR port, but W10 (1909) reported Code 19 for the device driver (mis-configured in the registry).

After quite a bit of digging I found that MS removed IRDA support in 1903 (bless their little cotton socks), but that it is possible to put it back!

Run Powershell as Administrator

Power Shell to Add / remove IrDA infrared components

Run PowerShell as administrator
    Query state of the IrDA components:

Code:
    Uninstall:

Code:
    Install:

Code:

Code:
    HtH
    David

:)

perdrix, Jan 12, 2020
  2. perdrix Win User

This HP 6910p has a IR port, but W10 (1909) reported Code 19 for the device driver (mis-configured in the registry).

After quite a bit of digging I found that MS removed IRDA support in 1903 (bless their little cotton socks), but that it is possible to put it back!

Run Powershell as Administrator

Power Shell to Add / remove IrDA infrared components

Run PowerShell as administrator

Code:
    Uninstall:

Code:
    Install:

Code:

Code:
    HtH
    David

perdrix, Jan 12, 2020
  3. wptski Win User
    wptski, Jan 12, 2020
  4. noom---01 Win User

N80 as modem via IrDA, not work?

Yes, I turned IR on. My notebook detected the phone via IrDA. In my notebook, I installed PC suite, and I think the IR driver should also be installed at that time because I can transfer file using the IR port. It just not work when I want my phone to
    be a modem connecting to Internet.

noom---01, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Getting IR port working (code 19) - re-add IRDA to W10 1909 - Similar Threads - Getting port working

2. USB Ports don't want to work with mouse, keyboard or other controllers. Code 19.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Ports don't want to work with mouse, keyboard or other controllers. Code 19.: Hello. I am using Windows 11 on laptop Dell G15 5520.My mouse and keyboard refuse to work. It says they have driver error that is Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information in the registry is incomplete or damaged. Code 19.I don't have...
  3. Keyboard Not Working - Code 19

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard Not Working - Code 19: Please Help Me. After I did a registry clean in CCleaner I restarted the PC. And the keyboard stopped working. Typed with On-Screen. I tried so many things & they are below. *Delete and reinstalling the driver. *Restarting the PC. *Restoring registry through CCleaner...
  4. IRDA not working again

IRDA not working again: Hello, Since one of the recent updates, my IRDA adapter is not working again. The same happened a several years ago, then an update made it working for a long time and it's not working again. I tried to fix it via Device Manager, but avail. I was asked for a disk, because...
  5. code 19

code 19: CD/DVD: Windows cannot start this device because it's config info in Reg is incomplete or damaged. (code 19). CD/DVD failure using VxD loader https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/code-19/57b280f0-8b6f-41a4-813e-e1ce379ae35e
  6. HID Controler not working (Code 19) [Solution]

in Windows 10 Customization
    HID Controler not working (Code 19) [Solution]: Hello, I'm Renzo Chiarino. This morning I was trying to do some work, but I noticed that my keyboard was not working normally. I started a search for the possible cause or solution. I started with the basics, disconnected and connected the keyboard to another usb, but...
  7. Irda adapter not working

Irda adapter not working: After the latest Microsoft update, my usb to Irda adapter does not work. This was the problem a few years ago when Microsoft introduced windows 10. A update to Windows 10 solved this issue back then. It seems that the issue is back. I have installed the correct drivers and...
  8. Asus Numpad Code 19 - laptop keyboard not working

Asus Numpad Code 19 - laptop keyboard not working: So my ASUS ROG GL502V keyboard stopped working after a windows update - device manager shows warning symbol on the Asus Numpad driver with code 19 (error in registry). I have run sfc / scannow with nothing found - checked registry folder...
  9. USB IrDA devices no longer work in W10

USB IrDA devices no longer work in W10: Couldn't get my USB IR adapter to work in W10 and found the answer in the link below. http://borncity.com/win/2015/09/02/windows-10-infrared-irda-stack-is-removed/ 24624
  10. keyboard stopped working ! ( code 19)

keyboard stopped working ! ( code 19): keyboard on my dell laptop has stopped working. Initially device manager code was 19 , after trying to uninstall keyboard and restart code changed twice. once to code 12 then code 10. Now , it shows error code 10. I can't type much since I am using on screen keyboard....
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 irda

2. add irda infrared broken

3. windows 10 1909 infrared

4. Add-WindowsCapability failed. Error code = 0x800f0954 network.irda,
  5. Irda code 19 registry fix windows 10,
  6. windows 10 ir not working,
  7. dell ir port driver latitude windows 10,
  8. windows 10 irda code 19