Windows 10: getting live support from Microsoft help Windows 10

Discus and support getting live support from Microsoft help Windows 10 in Cortana to solve the problem; Windows 10 it used to be if you type Help in the search bar you could ask a question then if that did not answer it you could chat with a live person.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Chas20031, Dec 25, 2022.

1. Chas20031 Win User

getting live support from Microsoft help Windows 10

Windows 10 it used to be if you type Help in the search bar you could ask a question then if that did not answer it you could chat with a live person. Now if the question isn't answered it takes you to a page with a set of topics . Is there still some way to get a live person? The phone contact refers you to the same website because "they want to be more helpful"

:)

Chas20031, Dec 25, 2022
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 25, 2022
  3. Microsoft Botches Up UEFI Support for Windows 7 on ASUS Motherboards

getting live support from Microsoft help  Windows 10 [​IMG]

Microsoft suggests updating to Windows 10 to patch Windows 7
    • Tweet
    • Facebook
    • Google plus
    • Send to
    9 Comments

MICROSOFT HAS confirmed a potentially lappy-borking problem that it won't be fixing, because Windows 7.

Woody Leonhard, the respected Windows columnist, points to a problem involving Asus motherboards, which also appear rebadged in a variety of other manufacturers' machines, and the activation of UEFI Secure Boot for Windows 7 in a patch KB3133977.

Short version: install update, welcome to Borksville, population you.

Both Asus and Microsoft acknowledged the problem. Microsoft entitled the article "BitLocker can't encrypt drives because of service crashes in svchost.exe process in Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2", but we prefer to just call it "Trevor for brevity."

The firm's advice was that it's an optional update, leave well alone, you'll be fine, or alternatively turn secure boot off.

Then Microsoft did a silly, silly thing.

It moved the update from 'optional' to 'recommended' and anyone who reads this site regularly will know what happens when Microsoft does this. That's right boys and girls - it makes it automatically install, unless you've specifically told your machine not to.

So now, if you have one of the affected motherboard and you keep your security updates automatic like wot Microsoft recommends, then your machine will stop working properly.

We should add it's not permanently bricked, but it will take some mucking about in the BIOS to fix and that's a pain even for an experienced computer user.

Microsoft has, by offering a workaround, suggested heavily that it won't be fixing the problem, though we have asked the question, so expect a response in about a fortnight.

But the real kicker is this piece of advice: "Note The Secure Boot feature is supported in Windows 10. To learn more about the security advantages of this feature and about the upgrade path from Windows 7 to Windows 10, go to the following Windows website"

Holy toledo, this company really knows how to rub people up the wrong way.

After all - if the advice is to manually avoid the update or move to a version of the operating system where there's virtually no control over updates, then Microsoft is dealing in massive contradictions.

A more cynical site would suggest that it's yet another example of Microsoft running Windows 7 into the ground and adding built in obsolescence to encourage quicker updates. But we're not that sort of site.

Its the patching to force secure boot that is the problem win 7 does not support secure boot
    hence it borks systems and well microsofts answer is Cactus >your Asshole > insert

from the inquirer

dorsetknob, Dec 25, 2022
  4. btarunr Win User

Microsoft Closing Down Windows Live and Zune Brands

Microsoft is reportedly killing off two of its service brands, Windows Live and Zune. The two will be restructured and amalgamated with Windows 8 and its store. Windows Live has been a collection of optional services bound to the MSN/Live ID for Windows 7 that provides communication (Windows Live Messenger), calendar/planner (Windows Live Calendar), contacts, photo-organizer; Zune Music and Video player join them on the chopping block. These services will be instead come to be known as:
    • Microsoft Account (Windows Live ID)
    • Mail (Windows Live Mail)
    • Calendar (Windows Live Calendar)
    • People (Windows Live Contacts)
    • Photos (Windows Live Photo Gallery)
    • Music (Zune Music Player)
    • Video (Zune Video Player)

getting live support from Microsoft help  Windows 10 194a_thm.jpg

Source: The Verge

btarunr, Dec 25, 2022
Thema:

1. getting live support from Microsoft help Windows 10 - Similar Threads - getting live support

2. get live help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    get live help: I have been through all the online suggestions and need live help as none of them fix or address my issue. Why is there not a phone number listed to contact live support? My computer is signed in and online however onedrive will not login, and it states that I am not...
  3. get live help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    get live help: I have been through all the online suggestions and need live help as none of them fix or address my issue. Why is there not a phone number listed to contact live support? My computer is signed in and online however onedrive will not login, and it states that I am not...
  4. get live help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. how do I get live support from an agent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I get live support from an agent: Please help me with getting into a chat with a Windows 10 agent. I've been going round and round in circles for hours, clicking on Contact Us, finding url's that are supposed to take me to live chat but instead take me back to the beginning again.I need help with a...
  6. how do I get live support from an agent

how do I get live support from an agent: Please help me with getting into a chat with a Windows 10 agent. I've been going round and round in circles for hours, clicking on Contact Us, finding url's that are supposed to take me to live chat but instead take me back to the beginning again.I need help with a...
  7. getting live support from Microsoft help Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    getting live support from Microsoft help Windows 10: Windows 10 it used to be if you type Help in the search bar you could ask a question then if that did not answer it you could chat with a live person. Now if the question isn't answered it takes you to a page with a set of topics...
  8. getting live support from Microsoft help Windows 10

getting live support from Microsoft help Windows 10: Windows 10 it used to be if you type Help in the search bar you could ask a question then if that did not answer it you could chat with a live person. Now if the question isn't answered it takes you to a page with a set of topics...
  9. How to get to live support chat Microsoft

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to get to live support chat Microsoft: I need to get to live chat of Microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-to-live-support-chat-microsoft/d3d33535-64b3-406a-863d-c8a4e3bddf97
  10. Calls from Microsoft Help and support

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Calls from Microsoft Help and support: I have received a call from Microsoft Help and Support. They want me to fill out form to cancel service or renew? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/calls-from-microsoft-help-and-support/affae6b3-5d99-4e62-8b90-329331ff9f0f