Windows 10: getting location error when accessing to a pinned network folder in quick access

Discus and support getting location error when accessing to a pinned network folder in quick access in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I keep getting this location error when I tried to access a network folder pinned to quick access. The network folder is mapped to my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mng-mng, Nov 9, 2020.

1. mng-mng Win User

getting location error when accessing to a pinned network folder in quick access

Hi,

I keep getting this location error when I tried to access a network folder pinned to quick access. The network folder is mapped to my computer and there is no permission or access issue, i get the error when I tried to export or save a file from an application and access the pinned folder in the quick access side bar.

:)

mng-mng, Nov 9, 2020

2. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Nov 9, 2020
  3. Quick Access - "Location is not available"

I solved the problem without following steps 1, 2, and 3. The solution is stupidly simple and it doesn't make any difference as to whether the problem item in the Quick Access list is pinned or unpinned.

1. Create the folder in the same path where Quick Access reported it to be unlocatable. The folder will be empty.

2. Delete the folder you just created. The Quick Access item that WAS listed in Quick Access disappears!!

Note that #2 does not remove or delete the item from Quick Access. It deletes the empty folder you just created *from the machine* (i.e., it goes to the Recycle bin) and as a consequence of the deletion, it disappears from the Quick Access list.

KarenMullen, Nov 9, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

getting location error when accessing to a pinned network folder in quick access

Brink, Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

1. getting location error when accessing to a pinned network folder in quick access - Similar Threads - getting location error

2. Documents folder not pinning to Quick Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents folder not pinning to Quick Access: It's a full clean install of windows 11 done yesterday. Everything is working absolutely fine but I accidently unpinned the documents folder from the quick access menu and I can't seem to be able to pin my most important Documents folder back in the quick access. I always...
  3. Documents folder not pinning to Quick Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Documents folder not pinning to Quick Access: It's a full clean install of windows 11 done yesterday. Everything is working absolutely fine but I accidently unpinned the documents folder from the quick access menu and I can't seem to be able to pin my most important Documents folder back in the quick access. I always...
  4. pin folder to quick access not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pin folder to quick access not working: I cannot pin folders to quick access. It is only showing Recent Files. I've looked extensiely online and found simliar issues from 5 years ago and with an error message but I'm not getting an error message. Not comfortable messing with the registry - this pc is only a week...
  5. unable to pin folders to quick access

unable to pin folders to quick access: i can no longer pin to or view folders in my quick access due to the parameter being incorrect. i have found advice that starts with running a command that starts with "del" only to get "windows cannot find del". i do not know how to fix this when del, whatever it is,...
  6. Ccannot pin a folder to Quick Access

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ccannot pin a folder to Quick Access: I get an error message this docfile has been corrupted when trying to pin something to Quick access. Moreover all the folders I had under Quick access are missing. Can I get them back in some way?...
  7. Pinned Quick Access Folders Gone

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinned Quick Access Folders Gone: Was using my system today and I noticed that my pinned Quick Access folders had gone. Strange. Cannot remember actively removing them, they were a pretty curated bunch of folders. I used this tutorial to clear it all out: Reset and Clear Recent Items and Frequent Places in...
  8. Not Able to Pin a folder to Quick Access

Not Able to Pin a folder to Quick Access: I can't seem to pin anything to Quick access .... I get an error message "this docfile has been corrupted". All the folders that were under Quick access are gone. How do I get it back? Thanks, JB * Moved from insider...
  9. Quick access is blank and getting folder already exits error when pinning/adding in to...

Quick access is blank and getting folder already exits error when pinning/adding in to...: Hello, I don't see documents, pictures, desktop pinned to quick access in windows 10 and I am not able to add any folders to quick access and when I try to add I get folder already exits error. [ATTACH] If other user logs into the same machine, he/she can see the...
  10. Quick access is blank and getting folder already exits error when pinning/adding in to...

Quick access is blank and getting folder already exits error when pinning/adding in to...: Hello, I don't see documents, pictures, desktop pinned to quick access in windows 10 and I am not able to add any folders to quick access and when I try to add I get folder already exits error. [ATTACH] If other user logs into the same machine, he/she can see the...