Windows 10: Getting low battery message even though my laptop is always plugged in with the AC adapter

Discus and support Getting low battery message even though my laptop is always plugged in with the AC adapter in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I did read a similar question/answer from a couple of years ago but in that user's case they were using their laptop mostly on battery power. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by kp1555, Jan 27, 2021.

1. kp1555 Win User

Getting low battery message even though my laptop is always plugged in with the AC adapter

I did read a similar question/answer from a couple of years ago but in that user's case they were using their laptop mostly on battery power. The notebook adapter is warm so I assume it's working. Is it just time for a replacement battery? Lastly, I'm unable to turn on the battery saver setting as it's grayed-out.

:)

kp1555, Jan 27, 2021

2. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Getting low battery message even though my laptop is always plugged in with the AC adapter pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jan 27, 2021
  3. salvi52 Win User
    keep getting message that ac adapter is plugged in but not charging

keep getting message that ac adapter is plugged in but not charging

salvi52, Jan 27, 2021
  4. Getting low battery message even though my laptop is always plugged in with the AC adapter

Lenova G400s laptop-Plugged in and not Charging- Issues reg.

I have a Lenova G400s Laptop. While charging my laptop shown "Plugged in and not Charging" I gone through the web and I tried the following steps i found in net

Please try below steps and check if it helps.

• Disconnect AC adapter.
    • Remove battery.
    • Connect AC Adapter.
    • Power on the laptop.
    • Press Windows + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Under the Batteries category, right-click all instances of
      Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery , and select
      Uninstall.
    • Shutdown.
    • Disconnect AC adapter.
    • Insert battery.
    • Connect AC adapter.
    • Power on the laptop.
    • still the problem not solve, it shows "plugged in and not Charging".. Pl guide me to solve the issues

BalusamyArumugam, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

Getting low battery message even though my laptop is always plugged in with the AC adapter

1. Getting low battery message even though my laptop is always plugged in with the AC adapter - Similar Threads - Getting low battery

2. Laptop won't turn on unless plugged in even though the battery is at 100%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop won't turn on unless plugged in even though the battery is at 100%: Hello! I had bought my laptop a little over 2 years ago. I had been playing a game on it and it shut off in the middle of it. After tinkering with it, it will not turn on or display the light on the power key unless it is plugged in. I made sure it was at full charge and the...
  3. hp5430s plugged in to ac it says battery low 1 percent an to plug in while plugged in...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hp5430s plugged in to ac it says battery low 1 percent an to plug in while plugged in...: hello i have a hp 4530s laptopo an the battery was working fine an the charger installed windows 10 an now the battery wont charge i bought a new battery an after it went dead from using it i plugged into ac an my computer thinks its running on battery power at 1 percent says...
  4. hp5430s plugged in to ac it says battery low 1 percent an to plug in while plugged in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hp5430s plugged in to ac it says battery low 1 percent an to plug in while plugged in...: hello i have a hp 4530s laptopo an the battery was working fine an the charger installed windows 10 an now the battery wont charge i bought a new battery an after it went dead from using it i plugged into ac an my computer thinks its running on battery power at 1 percent says...
  5. hp5430s plugged in to ac it says battery low 1 percent an to plug in while plugged in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. My laptop will not power on unless it is plugged in even though the battery is at 50% also,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop will not power on unless it is plugged in even though the battery is at 50% also,...: My Asus laptop was working perfectly until a few weeks ago. There was a Microsoft update and now my laptop will not power on unless it is plugged in even though the battery is at 50% also, the battery isn't getting recharged while connected to power.I accessed the Device...
  7. My laptop will not power on unless it is plugged in even though the battery is at 50% also,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop will not power on unless it is plugged in even though the battery is at 50% also,...: My Asus laptop was working perfectly until a few weeks ago. There was a Microsoft update and now my laptop will not power on unless it is plugged in even though the battery is at 50% also, the battery isn't getting recharged while connected to power.I accessed the Device...
  8. plugging off ac adapters

plugging off ac adapters: My laptop doesn't have a battery, so the adapter needs to be plugged in to work. If I shut down the laptop to go to bed, can I plug off the adapter so it doesn't wear out from prolonged use, and will it corrupt anything?...
  9. Battery Low even though it’s on 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery Low even though it’s on 100%: Whenever I turn my laptop on it says “battery low” I unplugged it even though it’s at 100%. It also is opening apps slowly and loading things slowly. When I click the windows key, it loads slowly. How do I fix this?? Is there something wrong with my battery? Is there any...
  10. ac adapter warning message; battery will not charge

ac adapter warning message; battery will not charge: Need a fix for ac adapter warning as the battery will not charge. Says to use a 45 w adapter, but that's what I have. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ac-adapter-warning-message-battery-will-not-charge/7e3d3e2b-37bd-48a8-abcf-a70096d1c4c9