Windows 10: Getting machine check error

Discus and support Getting machine check error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been getting blue screens often. I notice that it happens when I have chrome open and I am playing a game. I have tried to reinstall windows; I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dojichan, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Dojichan Win User

Getting machine check error

I have been getting blue screens often. I notice that it happens when I have chrome open and I am playing a game.
    I have tried to reinstall windows; I have monitored my temperature; I have updated all my drivers; I cannot figure out what is causing the issue;

I have included info in this folder

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ao9_9Bj_g_mkhoE9f0TdsyQyzWGN7g?e=GV65II

I have also downloaded BlueScreenview; The issue is caused by "Hal.dll" And address "hal.dll+49b81". The bug check code is 0x00000009c".

Please help<3

:)

Dojichan, Mar 11, 2021
  2. David4354 Win User

Win10 BSOD Machine Check Exception

Hey everyone, so recently I started getting a lot of Machine Check Exception bluescreens and Im not sure what the cause is. Is there a list of steps to figure out what is causing it?

Thank you for your time.

David4354, Mar 11, 2021
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 11, 2021
  4. Jan Del Win User

how do I get machine id for activation purposes?

Hi Fred,

Machine ID also known as Product ID is being used to identify the device. We suggest following the steps below to get the product ID of your device:

• Type about your PC on the search box.
    • Look for the Product ID.

Getting machine check error 8259dd73-5f2e-40f9-8ef6-adf8e1d34a66.png

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Mar 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Getting machine check error - Similar Threads - Getting machine check

2. Machine Check Exception - Cache Hierarchy Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Machine Check Exception - Cache Hierarchy Error: Hello,I have recently built a PC with AMD Ryzen 5 3600 CPU. About 4 months ago it started to randomly black screen and restart without any error message on the screen. It only happens when idling or when the PC is going asleep or shutting down. Every time this error happens...
  3. machine check exception

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    machine check exception: machine check exception? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/machine-check-exception/e6ac8158-540e-4661-ad22-4a5666481592
  4. Machine Check Exception Error

Machine Check Exception Error: For the past several months, I have occasionally gotten a Machine Check Exception Error. It will ALWAYS happen when playing certain video games, for instances Hearthstone or Risk of Rain, but it does not happen when playing other games, like Overwatch, Skyrim, or Smite. It...
  5. machine check exception error! help

machine check exception error! help: I was playing game and then my pc froze after that I get blue screen error that says MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION Event viewer dump: Version=1 EventType=BlueScreen EventTime=132344489219660202 ReportType=4 Consent=1 UploadTime=132344490098159125 ReportStatus=268435556...
  6. Machine Check Exception Error

Machine Check Exception Error: HI Guys, Been having crashed while playing Dota 2 on my PC. Just random crashes out of the game, I'll still be able to reboot the game after the game crashes. However, the last crash i had was a BSOD with a machine check exception error. Was able to restart the pc and...
  7. machine exception check

machine exception check: Hello, I'm having some issues with booting my laptop. Sometimes the boot logo gets stuck and I need to restart laptop several times. It usually boots after the third restart, but recently it gives me BSOD sometimes with machine exception check error and other times it boots...
  8. BSOD 'Machine Check Exception' Error

BSOD 'Machine Check Exception' Error: Can anyone help figure this one out? Last night Defender was updated. No new hardware installed. This morning the machine freezes and I've also had a BSOD with 'Machine check exception' error. Experienced similar freezes last week with a 'Driver power state failure'...
  9. BSOD error 'Machine Check Exception'

BSOD error 'Machine Check Exception': Right after Windows online upgrade from 7 to 10 there where no problems, no BSOD's, no crashes at all.In the mean time, no hardware changes, nothing of that.At first, after the first updates a crash occured once a month with 'Machine Check Exception' error.Then after updates...
  10. Kernel security check error on brand new machine

Kernel security check error on brand new machine: Greetings and Merry Christmas. I have a 3 day out of the box, Asus Zenbook pro that is giving me fits. I am getting the BSOD fairly regularly. I have scoured the internet trying to find a solution. From the suggestions I have found so far, I have updated both display...