Windows 10: Getting message: A current driver on your pc may be better than the driver we are trying to...

Discus and support Getting message: A current driver on your pc may be better than the driver we are trying to... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A current driver on your pc may be better than the driver we are trying to install We'll keep trying to install. Seems to be related to synaptics... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SheldonHoover1, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Getting message: A current driver on your pc may be better than the driver we are trying to...

A current driver on your pc may be better than the driver we are trying to install We'll keep trying to install.

Seems to be related to synaptics mouse which Is unlocateable in the device manager. No error code given with error message

***Modified title from: I'm getting the following message when trying to update windows 10 64-bit***

:)

SheldonHoover1, Feb 17, 2020

2. Dolby Audio driver

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message of this issue?
    • When are you facing this issue with the drivers?
    • Have you installed all the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website for current operating system?

I suggest you to uninstall the existing Audio drivers, download the latest drivers for your device and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the Audio driver.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on the driver and click on
      Uninstall.

Step 2: I suggest you to manually install the latest audio drivers and check.

Download the latest drivers from: Lenovo Support for g500

Select the driver and operating system to download.

Refer to the article by Andre Da Costa to install the latest driver:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 17, 2020
  3. Ozpeg Win User
    Windows 10 Update 1903 - A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll keep trying to install.

I am trying to update my laptop to Windows 10 1903 but keep seeing the error "A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll keep trying to install."

How do I find out which driver is affecting the Windows10 update, so I can uninstall it

Ozpeg, Feb 17, 2020
  4. Getting message: A current driver on your pc may be better than the driver we are trying to...

Display Driver Intel HD Graphics Drivers for W8(R) has quit and recovered

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with display driver on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know when exactly you get this error message?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ incompatible/ outdated display drivers, try the below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the display drivers in safe mode and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to place the computer in Safe mode with Networking.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Step 2:Uninstall and update the display driver

Steps to uninstall the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter
      and click on Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Do the same as above steps, right click on the
      Display Adapter and click on Update Driver Software.

Also, visit the computer manufacturer’s website and install the drivers being found.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue to assist you better.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

Getting message: A current driver on your pc may be better than the driver we are trying to...

1. Getting message: A current driver on your pc may be better than the driver we are trying to... - Similar Threads - Getting message current

2. A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll...: Hello,I am currently trying to update my computer from 2019-04 Cumulative Update 1709. I have tried the software distribution trick but I've had no luck. If anyone can help that would be amazing...
  3. A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll...: Hello,I am currently trying to update my computer from 2019-04 Cumulative Update 1709. I have tried the software distribution trick but I've had no luck. If anyone can help that would be amazing...
  4. "A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll...

"A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll...: "A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll keep trying to install." I see this has been an ongoing issue over the last three years. That I'm as the next customer in line for endless hours of "repeated' research. Do you plan...
  5. "A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll...: Hi, I've been trying to update my driver but it won't allow me to due to the message above. Is there generally a certain issue that correlates with this message, or could it be numerous problems? I've disabled the previous driver under optional updates and that did nothing....
  6. Update error - A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to...

Update error - A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to...: This has been going on for several days, and my computer is running very slowly. How do I correct the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-error-a-current-driver-on-your-pc-may-be/a9fbc3ce-ecb6-4e1c-b679-d44f2c2eaba7
  7. The current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we are trying to install.......

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we are trying to install.......: Hi, When I check for Windows updates, I get the captionned message. [ATTACH] I have no idea what driver it relates to. How can I verify this? Note that I run Win10 Pro ver. 2004. My PC is a Lenovo Legion Y520T-251CZ and is healthy when I check for updates using the...
  8. Getting message: A current driver on your pc may be better than the driver we are trying to...

Getting message: A current driver on your pc may be better than the driver we are trying to...: can you help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-message-a-current-driver-on-your-pc-may-be/804f05b2-a430-4abe-8ddc-8aa6631c3f6d
  9. A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we’re trying to install

in Windows 10 News
    A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we’re trying to install: [ATTACH]If, when you try to install a new Feature Update, Windows Update throws error A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver […] This article A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we’re trying to install first appeared on...
  10. WINDOWS 10 - A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to...

WINDOWS 10 - A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to...: Hi guys, I've been having this issue since forever and no updates can go through at all. I've been trying to find solutions but to no avail. I did almost everything i could with the internet's help. Can you guys recommend anything? I cant even Reset my pc because its...