Windows 10: Getting Message That AV is turned off, When it is Not

Discus and support Getting Message That AV is turned off, When it is Not in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Toshiba laptop, running W10 Home, Anniv. I'm getting a mesage that Bitdefender AV is turned off, when it is, in fact, up and running. Just a fluke,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mr Ed, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Mr Ed Win User

Getting Message That AV is turned off, When it is Not

Toshiba laptop, running W10 Home, Anniv.

I'm getting a mesage that Bitdefender AV is turned off, when it is, in fact, up and running. Just a fluke, or what? Thanks in advance for your input....Ed

:)

Mr Ed, Feb 28, 2017
  2. Le Boule Win User

Message that Virus protection is turned off

Are you using Windows Defender?

See the Answer
    of quietman7
    - MVP
    in windowsdefender wont turn on

If the issue continues see Problems
    starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Alternatively - - -

You may prefer to install a third party antimalware program (which should disable Windows Defender).

There are a number of viable free and paid options available – take your pick…

Choosing an Anti-Virus Program

Is Windows Defender The Best For Windows 10?
    Good article but ignore the ads.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/antivirus-partners#AVtabs=win10

Regards…

Top 10 Ways PUPs Sneak Onto Your Computer. And How To Avoid Them.

Le Boule, Feb 28, 2017
  3. Message that Virus protection is turned off

Microsoft put a message on my screen that my Virus Protection was turned off and I should turn it back on... I don't know why it is off, and I don't know how to turn it back on!!!

* Moved from Windows 10/Security

PatriciaDavis2, Feb 28, 2017
  4. Getting Message That AV is turned off, When it is Not

Caledon Ken, Feb 28, 2017
  5. Mr Ed Win User
    Thanks, Ken. That info was helpful. The situation seems to have abated for now, but if it pops up again, I'll know what to do. Thanks again....Ed

Mr Ed, Mar 1, 2017
  6. Steve C Win User
    I had this issue a few times with Kaspersky antivirus. I just do a full PC restart and the issue clears.

Steve C, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Getting Message That AV is turned off, When it is Not

1. Getting Message That AV is turned off, When it is Not - Similar Threads - Getting Message turned

2. Windows 10 -- Defender and Total Av always turned off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 -- Defender and Total Av always turned off: Windows 10 - At login I always have to load Total Av as Windows security states Defender and Total AV .are turned off. Evan after loading Total Av again and I receive Total Av cover Windows Security stares they are BOTH off.Regards DG...
  3. Windows 10 -- Defender and Total Av always turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 -- Defender and Total Av always turned off: Windows 10 - At login I always have to load Total Av as Windows security states Defender and Total AV .are turned off. Evan after loading Total Av again and I receive Total Av cover Windows Security stares they are BOTH off.Regards DG...
  4. Windows 10 -- Defender and Total Av always turned off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I get a pop-up stating my Atal AV is turned off.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I get a pop-up stating my Atal AV is turned off.: On start-up my computer, or from hibernate, I get a pop-up stating my Aotal AV is turned off and when I click the pop up, it is in facct turned off and that Microsoft Defender is turned on, when in fact I don't have the subscription enabled that gives me Defender. Why is it...
  6. I get a pop-up stating my Atal AV is turned off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get a pop-up stating my Atal AV is turned off.: On start-up my computer, or from hibernate, I get a pop-up stating my Aotal AV is turned off and when I click the pop up, it is in facct turned off and that Microsoft Defender is turned on, when in fact I don't have the subscription enabled that gives me Defender. Why is it...
  7. I get a pop-up stating my Atal AV is turned off.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Getting message to turn off VPN when I do not have one installed.

Getting message to turn off VPN when I do not have one installed.: About a year ago I installed ExpressVPN did not like it and uninstalled. In the last month I have been getting messages from websites telling me to turn off my VPN. I don't understand why this is happening now or how to correct it. Can anyone help?...
  9. Why do I get the message "Network Discovery is turned off" when it is on?

Why do I get the message "Network Discovery is turned off" when it is on?: Network Discovery is turned on on my computer. I am continually receiving the message "Network Discovery is turned off". Why does this error message keep popping up? See the screen-shot below to see what I'm dealing with. [ATTACH]...
  10. Error message when turning on or off indexing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error message when turning on or off indexing: When I turn on or off indexing for subfolders, I get the below message. However, I do not know how to work around this message as I have all programs closed, and basically no background processing running. Error applying attributes An error occurred applying attributes to...