Windows 10: Getting message to turn off VPN when I do not have one installed.

Discus and support Getting message to turn off VPN when I do not have one installed. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; About a year ago I installed ExpressVPN did not like it and uninstalled. In the last month I have been getting messages from websites telling me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sam2436, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Sam2436 Win User

Getting message to turn off VPN when I do not have one installed.

About a year ago I installed ExpressVPN did not like it and uninstalled. In the last month I have been getting messages from websites telling me to turn off my VPN. I don't understand why this is happening now or how to correct it. Can anyone help?

:)

Sam2436, Mar 20, 2020
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Mar 20, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin Getting message to turn off VPN when I do not have one installed. :D

P4-630, Mar 20, 2020
  4. Getting message to turn off VPN when I do not have one installed.

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

AirVPN

In contrast to all the big names such as IPVanish, TorGuard, Hide My Ass!, PIA etc, AirVPN has been the most useful in terms of performance, cost, privacy and service.

• No torrent (or other format) throttling
    • No region/server locking
    • Full server stats live, with reports and repair ETAs
    • Packages include complete tunneling and multiple protocols
    • Can be setup for virtually any platform(including a easy to use Windows package)[also user guides exist for bespoke arrangements, such as pfSense, which I run]
    • Their website/user portal is very thorough and flexible. You can build custom VPN configuration files
    • Cost is extremely good for what you get
    • Service is often quick and prompt
    • Forums are active
    • They tick all the privacy qualifications, no record keeping

newconroer, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

Getting message to turn off VPN when I do not have one installed.

1. Getting message to turn off VPN when I do not have one installed. - Similar Threads - Getting message turn

2. Getting message VPN has been detected, when I do not have one installed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting message VPN has been detected, when I do not have one installed.: I am trying to access work on Appen and other sites and cannot as I am blocked because of a VPN I do not have.I have tried everything I have read online to find, detect or remove any possibility of there being one, but this is still happening....
  3. Getting message VPN has been detected, when I do not have one installed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting message VPN has been detected, when I do not have one installed.: I am trying to access work on Appen and other sites and cannot as I am blocked because of a VPN I do not have.I have tried everything I have read online to find, detect or remove any possibility of there being one, but this is still happening....
  4. Getting message VPN has been detected, when I do not have one installed.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Vpn Advanced Option does NOT get Turned OFF

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vpn Advanced Option does NOT get Turned OFF: Hi,I noticed that under Setting < Network and Internet< Vpn< Advanced Option, Allow Vpn Over Metered Networks button and Allow Vpn While Roaming are ON and everytime i turn them off, as soon as i close the tab and check again, they get turned righ back ON.** I do not have VPN...
  6. Vpn Advanced Option doesnt get Turned OFF

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vpn Advanced Option doesnt get Turned OFF: Hi,I noticed that under Setting < Network and Internet< Vpn< Advanced Option, Allow Vpn over metered networks button and Allow Vpn while roaming are ON and everytime i turn them off, as soon as close the tab, they get turned ON.** I do not have VPN so i dont understand why...
  7. Vpn Advanced Option doesnt get Turned OFF

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vpn Advanced Option doesnt get Turned OFF: Hi,I noticed that under Setting < Network and Internet< Vpn< Advanced Option, Allow Vpn over metered networks button and Allow Vpn while roaming are ON and everytime i turn them off, as soon as close the tab, they get turned ON.** I do not have VPN so i dont understand why...
  8. Vpn Advanced Option doesnt get Turned OFF

9. Why do I get the message "Network Discovery is turned off" when it is on?

Why do I get the message "Network Discovery is turned off" when it is on?: Network Discovery is turned on on my computer. I am continually receiving the message "Network Discovery is turned off". Why does this error message keep popping up? See the screen-shot below to see what I'm dealing with. [ATTACH]...
  10. Getting Message That AV is turned off, When it is Not

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Getting Message That AV is turned off, When it is Not: Toshiba laptop, running W10 Home, Anniv. I'm getting a mesage that Bitdefender AV is turned off, when it is, in fact, up and running. Just a fluke, or what? Thanks in advance for your input....Ed 78393