Windows 10: Getting message to update but cant update.

Discus and support Getting message to update but cant update. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am getting a message that I should update butI cannot find any way to do it.When I click on update@ security it says I am up to date.This is what i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TonyA7, Apr 25, 2021.

1. TonyA7 Win User

Getting message to update but cant update.

I am getting a message that I should update butI cannot find any way to do it.When I click on update@ security it says I am up to date.This is what i am being asked to update toOS Build 10.0.19042.928 updates available as of 4/23/2021 6:42:52 AM

:)

TonyA7, Apr 25, 2021
  2. btarunr Win User

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Apr 25, 2021
  3. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Apr 25, 2021
  4. Mussels Win User

the witcher demo

^ what they said will both work. i suggest updating directX, and in the future please try and list the exact error message... and i want a muffin.

Mussels, Apr 25, 2021
Thema:

1. Getting message to update but cant update. - Similar Threads - Getting message update

2. cant get windows to update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant get windows to update: ive been trying to get windows updated for at least 2 months it keeps changing what the error code is until i give up for a while and try again its back to the first install error i can remember getting 2022-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based...
  3. cant get windows to update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant get windows to update: ive been trying to get windows updated for at least 2 months it keeps changing what the error code is until i give up for a while and try again its back to the first install error i can remember getting 2022-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based...
  4. Cant update my windows, and there is no error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant update my windows, and there is no error message: Whenever a try to update my windows it just don't download and install anything. I already tried formatting my windows and I still get the same error. This is what appears in my windows update.If anyone try to fix this I would appreciate some help....
  5. Cant update my windows, and there is no error message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant update my windows, and there is no error message: Whenever a try to update my windows it just don't download and install anything. I already tried formatting my windows and I still get the same error. This is what appears in my windows update.If anyone try to fix this I would appreciate some help....
  6. Cant update my windows, and there is no error message

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows Updates - cant update and no error message

Windows Updates - cant update and no error message: Hi,Windows 10Found sons PC has had no updates since Oct 2020Settings\Windows Update\ says "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes"Running 'Check for updates' does not return with any Error code,just repeats "Your device is missing important security and...
  8. cant get updates anymore

cant get updates anymore: hi last time i got to problem where i cant downlaod updates i tried many ways still no help no windows updates troubleshooter nothign help it is also disabled from services and i cant enable it access denied [ATTACH]...
  9. Cant get windows 1809 update

Cant get windows 1809 update: Hi guys, i got issue with getting windows update 1809, every time when i click into automatic update it says i am up to date but i am running on 1803 version of windows since october. I tried to update 1809 through windows assistant and i got installed everything but right...
  10. Keep getting message "Updates Installed"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Keep getting message "Updates Installed": I got a crazy alert! virus! blah blah and the damned computer was screaming at me. I tried to close it down, but I was on the phone and didn't have time to fool with it so I hit the power button. When rebooting I hit f6 to boot to safe mode. Interestingly it stated,...