Windows 10: Getting micro stuttering over increasing amount of up time

Discus and support Getting micro stuttering over increasing amount of up time in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; It's actually an issue going on for months now. Like the title says, the longer my computer stays up, the worse the stuttering gets. Apart from that, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Rain08, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Rain08 Win User

Getting micro stuttering over increasing amount of up time

It's actually an issue going on for months now. Like the title says, the longer my computer stays up, the worse the stuttering gets. Apart from that, I get audio pops here and there too (they coincide). I usually just put my computer on hibernate after being done using it, but even on shutdowns (with fast startup). To make the issue disappear I have to make the up time reset to zero (restarting or abrupt shut down). The issue happens whenever the up time reaches 96H/4D and it just goes worse from there.

I also have LatencyMon to monitor my situation. Apparently it's ndis.sys causing the issue. I get higher latency readings in the tool over a higher number of up time, while everything will be in the green if the up time isn't that high yet (around 72H/3D or below).

This has never happened to me before even when I have a way higher up time (14D or more).

W10 Edu x64 v1909 (B18363.900)
    Ryzen 5 1600X @ 3.7 GHz
    Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3
    Trident Z RGB 16 GB @ 2933 MHz
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB (boot)

:)

Rain08, Jun 26, 2020

2. Micro-Stuttering After Days of Power-On Time

For the most part, I finally got Windows 10 to work, except I have a micro-stuttering problem after just a few days of power-on time. I also have a WD My Cloud on my home network, so I'm wondering, does backing up to cloud storage have a negative impact on my system performance?

HoneycombWX, Jun 26, 2020
  3. philc43 Win User
    'micro stutters' [cbs log included]

Ok now we know you are on the latest version (note: you should update your specs on this site to avoid future confusion) there are a number of threads that have already suggested a number of fixes for stuttering. Try this one and work through the various suggestions.

Windows 10 Stuttering / Freeze

philc43, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Rain08 Win User

It's actually an issue going on for months now. Like the title says, the longer my computer stays up, the worse the stuttering gets. Apart from that, I get audio pops here and there too (they coincide). I usually just put my computer on hibernate after being done using it, but even on shutdowns (with fast startup). To make the issue disappear I have to make the up time reset to zero (restarting or abrupt shut down). The issue happens whenever the up time reaches 96H/4D and it just goes worse from there.

I also have LatencyMon to monitor my situation. Apparently it's ndis.sys causing the issue. I get higher latency readings in the tool over a higher number of up time, while everything will be in the green if the up time isn't that high yet (around 72H/3D or below).

This has never happened to me before even when I have a way higher up time (14D or more).

W10 Edu x64 v1909 (B18363.900)
    Ryzen 5 1600X @ 3.7 GHz
    Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3
    Trident Z RGB 16 GB @ 2933 MHz
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB (boot)

Rain08, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Getting micro stuttering over increasing amount of up time - Similar Threads - Getting micro stuttering

2. audiodg.exe uses an ever so increasing amount of RAM over time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audiodg.exe uses an ever so increasing amount of RAM over time: I have found a severe performance issue correlated to this, pretty important process which I cannot obviously shut down without killing the audio from my PC.Over time this program, audiodg.exe, has been very steadily and increasingly consuming more and more RAM over time with...
  3. audiodg.exe uses an ever so increasing amount of RAM over time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    audiodg.exe uses an ever so increasing amount of RAM over time: I have found a severe performance issue correlated to this, pretty important process which I cannot obviously shut down without killing the audio from my PC.Over time this program, audiodg.exe, has been very steadily and increasingly consuming more and more RAM over time with...
  4. audiodg.exe uses an ever so increasing amount of RAM over time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. micro stutters

micro stutters: hey guys, i am experiencing micro stutters when watching videos when i enable hardware accelerating in google chrome, firefox and microsoft edge. If i turn hardware acceleration off in all 3 browsers, my videos play flawlessly. it's 2021 and there should not really be any...
  6. Micro stuttering

in Windows 10 Customization
    Micro stuttering: Hey, so I keep getting this micro stuttering issue in Windows 10 every 30-60 seconds or so, it lasts usually for 2-5 seconds and then repeat, issue is the same whether I am sitting with 1 screen connected at desktop with nothing open or playing games with chrome open watching...
  7. micro-lags micro stuttering

micro-lags micro stuttering: Depuis la derniére mise à jour de windows 20h2 190042.985 mon ordinateur souffre de micro lags toutes les minutes sur les vidéos internet, sur lecte-ur et en jeux vidéo .J'ai pour l'instant effectué juste une réparation de windows et le probléme est toujours présent....
  8. Micro Stuttering in windows

Micro Stuttering in windows: This week I started experiencing some micro stuttering in a few games of mine I play regularly and thought it was a game issue but after leaving the game I kept having the same problem. I thought it might have been a monitor issue but it happens on all 3 of my monitors and it...
  9. Micro stutters?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Micro stutters?: I got a Dell g7 7588 with a 1060 max q. I just re-installed windows 10 . On my desktop I get small micro stutters, like small hitches in mouse movement. I also record music and those hitches transfer to my recording, thus why I need this fixed. My laptop thermals are...
  10. Micro-Stuttering After Days of Power-On Time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Micro-Stuttering After Days of Power-On Time: For the most part, I finally got Windows 10 to work, except I have a micro-stuttering problem after just a few days of power-on time. I also have a WD My Cloud on my home network, so I'm wondering, does backing up to cloud storage have a negative impact on my system...