Windows 10: Getting my old Favourits back

Discus and support Getting my old Favourits back in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've just had to do a re-install of Windows 10, but am really struggling to get all my old browser Favourites back. Any help would be really... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by winchesterstoke, May 4, 2016.

1. Getting my old Favourits back

I've just had to do a re-install of Windows 10, but am really struggling to get all my old browser Favourites back. Any help would be really appreciated...

I had on my previous install of Windows 10, all my Favourites in the Windows folder on a separate HDD. I still have those links and folders , but am struggling to work out how to male them appear in either Edge or Chrome. I assumed it would be as simple as telling Windows that the Favourites folder is on this separate HDD, and then they'd all magically appear!

:)

winchesterstoke, May 4, 2016
  2. Pixienova Win User

Favorites in Edge has disapeared on Windows 10

Original title: Favourites in edge

Hi there,

I refreshed my windows 10 pc and selected the option to keep files. However, upon turning it on again my favourites I had in Edge have disappeared when I imported from internet explorer. I don't seem to have a back up of these, but I do have all the favourites
    on my Win 10 mobile in edge. At the moment I have turned sync off as I do not want old favourites syncing with my phone. can I get the favourites off the phone to restore on the PC?

Thanks

Pixienova, May 4, 2016
  3. wolflover Win User
    Is it possible to get my favourites back?

This morning I switched on my computer only to find that my Windows 7 had disappeared and that I now had Windows10. I would like to get my favourites from 7. Is there any chance I can do that?

wolflover, May 4, 2016
  4. RWOne Win User

Getting my old Favourits back

And if you want to copy your favorites direct for Chrome, Chrome stores them here (have to enable hidden folders to see appdata):
    USER being your username on windows.

C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default

RWOne, May 4, 2016
  5. egray Win User
    Yeah, Edge doesn't allow you to pick the location for the import of IE favorites. However, there is a 3rd-party application called EdgeManage that does precisely that (plus a whole lot more!)... it will prompt you for the location (which can be on any device).

Take a look, if you want, at: Manage Edge Favorites

egray, May 17, 2016
  6. Many thanks - I'll check it out!

winchesterstoke, May 17, 2016
  7. All sorted! Used EdgeManage to import my old favourites, then imported into Chrome.

Thanks!

winchesterstoke, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Getting my old Favourits back

1. Getting my old Favourits back - Similar Threads - Getting old Favourits

2. back my favourite old gold windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    back my favourite old gold windows 7: why windows 7 is getting ripped . i am a win 7 fan , i used for 10 years please back windows 7 online . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/back-my-favourite-old-gold-windows-7/62ce3211-ddbf-49fc-be4a-76bb1b467429
  3. back my favourite old gold windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    back my favourite old gold windows 7: why windows 7 is getting ripped . i am a win 7 fan , i used for 10 years please back windows 7 online . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/back-my-favourite-old-gold-windows-7/62ce3211-ddbf-49fc-be4a-76bb1b467429
  4. How to get my old windows back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get my old windows back: I had windows 11. I entered a windows 11 pro key and it didnt work.And windows didnt went back to old windows and kept the old key and shows Activate windows. I cant use my old key too. pls help me...
  5. How to get my old windows back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get my old windows back: I had windows 11. I entered a windows 11 pro key and it didnt work.And windows didnt went back to old windows and kept the old key and shows Activate windows. I cant use my old key too. pls help me...
  6. I want to get my old password back

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I want to get my old password back: Hi, I want to get back my old password because I don't feel comfortable changing the password every 72 days , as it is very annoying to me making me change non stop when my account is the only account in the computer having the fact that I am the administrative. Is there any...
  7. How to get back my old hwid?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to get back my old hwid?: Hello! I wan't to get back my old hwid because i used a program to bypass a ban in game. But now they did unban all and i wan't to get back my old hwid. How to do it? Someone told me reset will give me back old hwid. I tried system recovery and don't worked. So how to get old...
  8. Getting my old licensed window back

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Getting my old licensed window back: Hii, i have recently brought a asus vivobook 14 laptop which has windows 10 preinstalled , after some time i change the proruct key of window , but it expires yesterday ,and now my window is not activated . So i want to go back to my previous window 10 with onboard licence...
  9. Get back to old ContextMenu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Get back to old ContextMenu: Howdy, In Windows 10 build 10586 ContextMenu (right-click on start menu items) is changed and is divided to 2 parts as seen below (Menu >). Is a way to get back the build 10240 behavior and show a single menu? Thanks. [img] 30034
  10. Any ideas on how to get back my Favourites list/passwords?

in Browsers and Email
    Any ideas on how to get back my Favourites list/passwords?: As the title suggests, everything seems to have disappeared, and if this means re-entering everything, then balls to that! any help much appreciated! 10239