Windows 10: Getting My Old Windows 10 Pro to My New Surface

Discus and support Getting My Old Windows 10 Pro to My New Surface in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I just exchanged my old surface which came with Windows 10 Pro due to a crack in the screen. My new surface came with Windows 10 Home. Can I get my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AnthonyJenkins1, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Getting My Old Windows 10 Pro to My New Surface

I just exchanged my old surface which came with Windows 10 Pro due to a crack in the screen. My new surface came with Windows 10 Home. Can I get my license for Windows 10 Pro from the old Surface's digital license (it is not in my possession anymore and I don't have a product key)? The Microsoft site shows that my old Surface had Pro so they should know I already had it, right?

Thanks

:)

AnthonyJenkins1, Apr 6, 2019

2. Microsoft Surface with Windows 8 Pro Gets Priced

Look at the links I provided above. Surface Pro is priced competitively for ultrabook/tablet. Yes, you can get old fashion laptops for less and better equiped but it isn't an old fashion laptop.

FordGT90Concept, Apr 6, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, Apr 6, 2019
  4. Octavean Win User

Getting My Old Windows 10 Pro to My New Surface

Microsoft Surface with Windows 8 Pro Gets Priced

The Asus Eee Slate EP121 Core i5 based Windows 7 tablet and Samsung Series 7 Windows 7 (Core i5) tablet series pricing were slightly more expensive then the Microsoft Surface Pro and other Windows 8 Pro tablets. So a price break is already there.

People suggesting The Microsoft Surface Pro and other Windows 8 Pro tablets should be cheaper seem to think or suggest that products like this never existed before or are unprecedented when they are in fact only the latest generation.

Or perhaps you are confusing them with cheaper less powerful ARM based tablets,…

This statement isn’t completely accurate or possibly outright wrong. You are likely confusing the Windows RT based Microsoft Surface tablet with the as of yet unreleased Surface Pro Windows 8 Pro tablet.

The average Windows 8 Pro 64bit install footprint is likely greater then 16GB. The Windows 8 Pro 32bit install footprint may fit into a 16GB envelope but I don’t think OEMs will choose to go that route. However, if the Microsoft Surface Pro is anything like the Asus Eee Slate EP121 Core i5 based tablet PC then the installed mSATA SSD is user upgradeable. I can upgrade the default OEM 64GB mSATA SSD on my Asus model to ~240GB / ~256GB or greater. I can also upgrade the Bluetooth / WiFi module to support IEEE 802.11ac,….

Octavean, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

Getting My Old Windows 10 Pro to My New Surface

1. Getting My Old Windows 10 Pro to My New Surface - Similar Threads - Getting Old Pro

2. How to get my windows pro transferred to my new laptop from the old one?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get my windows pro transferred to my new laptop from the old one?: Hi..I've replaced my old laptop with a new one. The old laptop had Windows 10 which I'd previously updated to 10 Pro from the online store.My new laptop came with Windows 11 Home. I wanted to transfer the "Pro" part to my new laptop. I got online with support, and was told to...
  3. How to get my windows pro transferred to my new laptop from the old one?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get my windows pro transferred to my new laptop from the old one?: Hi..I've replaced my old laptop with a new one. The old laptop had Windows 10 which I'd previously updated to 10 Pro from the online store.My new laptop came with Windows 11 Home. I wanted to transfer the "Pro" part to my new laptop. I got online with support, and was told to...
  4. Windows update killed my new surface pro 7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows update killed my new surface pro 7: This is a new computer I bought in December 2020. Surface pro 7 128gb. It’s a good looking computer and I bought it with the keyboard and pen. I don’t use the computer much. Only for banking and to do my taxes. December 2021 I started using again and had an update to be done....
  5. Windows update killed my new surface pro 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update killed my new surface pro 7: This is a new computer I bought in December 2020. Surface pro 7 128gb. It’s a good looking computer and I bought it with the keyboard and pen. I don’t use the computer much. Only for banking and to do my taxes. December 2021 I started using again and had an update to be done....
  6. My new Surface Pro won't recognize my face

in Windows 10 Customization
    My new Surface Pro won't recognize my face: My new Surface Pro won't recognize my face after setting it up TWICE and Microsoft HELP resetting my camera. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-new-surface-pro-wont-recognize-my-face/279637b2-440e-4993-aa48-959a2877f469
  7. Transferring windows 10 pro from my old computer to my new one

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring windows 10 pro from my old computer to my new one: Hey everyone, I've recently bought a new surface pro 7 and I have windows 10 pro on my old laptop which I'm looking to transfer to my new laptop. However when I called Microsoft the guy I was speaking to was adamant that the activation code was incorrect however that is the...
  8. getting windows 10 pro on my laptop like it is on my surface

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    getting windows 10 pro on my laptop like it is on my surface: So I have a Microsoft surface that is running windows 10 pro. I have a laptop that is running windows 10 home. I want to run pro on my laptop. I found the product key by making a vbs file and whatnot in the surface pro. but when I put it in the change windows key on my...
  9. File History in Windows 10 Pro will not restore files from old Surface RT to new Surface

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File History in Windows 10 Pro will not restore files from old Surface RT to new Surface: I used file history to back up my files from my original model Surface to an external hard drive. The battery from the original had died and the unit would only work when the power was connected. Someone kindly gave me a later model Surface running Win 10 Pro. I used File...
  10. Playing a DVD on my New Surface Pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Playing a DVD on my New Surface Pro: Hello, I just bought a New Surface Pro and I am trying to figure out how to play DVD's on it. I also bought an LG DVD writer which functions as an optical DVD reader. I am trying to decide if I need to download an app to play my DVD's or what. For some reason Window Media...